VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

nathanjoneswork2

Absolute Masterpiece!
    This goes above and beyond what other adult games are offering and sets up a fantastic story, with a great roster of characters, amazing progression, minigames, choices and consequences, morality and so many way of life improvements. Absolutely cherish this game.

And I hope people support this as much as they can , We need this level of quality in our games and this is one of the best games I've ever played, and I can't wait to see what comes next. Love this Game and Loved Acting Lessons as well, so this is just a Dream College Fantasy Come True!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

elli27

great animations, great renders, expansive choice of love interest, most of all great story with a lot of very funny moments, I loved the american pie humor glad there is a skip function on mini games for multiple playthroughs. more Jill please!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

cheesehead39193919

Best game I've played. More content in each release than most games have in 2-3. The story is surprisingly good too. I find myself replaying this game frequently because the scenes are that good. I honestly can't recommend this game enough. I'm always excited for the next release.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

cl0ckw3rk

(0.5.1) - No spoilers

Being a DIK is what college movies should aspire to be. It's funny, engaging, and a roller-coaster with its storytelling. No, it's not particularly deep, and I disagree with the "feels" that are talked about in other reviews and the forums, but it's packed to the brim with wild content and laugh-out-loud moments.

What starts out as a seemingly generic story with bland characters eventually evolves into one of the most interesting and FUN stories in any VN, and the characters are all given plenty of time to showcase their unique personalities. Character tropes are alive and well in this one, but I enjoyed them. The nerds, jocks, etc., all serve their purpose. Some characters are meant to elicit anger, some are meant to make you laugh. Dr. PinkCake seems to nail every beat when it comes to the delivery of jokes. I can't remember the last time something I read was so consistently funny without feeling like it was trying too hard to seem smart/witty.

I didn't find myself enamoured with many of the girls, and that's mostly because of their designs. Maybe I'm overly critical, but most of them had some prominent flaw - crazy eyes, bad brows, a bad part in their hair, tacky nails - that was either jarring or just plain unattractive. The models are definitely high quality, but that was sometimes a detriment. The blonde in the banner, for example, had more wrinkles on her hands and fingers than I do. Defects and imperfections aside, I still had a great time weaving my way through the various relationships and hook-ups presented in this game. The sex animations were certainly better than average.

Where Being a DIK continued to impress and surprise me was with its technical implementations. The in-game "menu" contains far more fleshed-out features than I've seen in any other VN. The most fascinating thing about a couple of the in-game "apps" was seeing them update in "real time" as I played the game. They blew my mind. The point/karma system also deserves a ton of praise for providing far more options than simple A or B forks. The choices you make genuinely matter and will lead you onto multiple paths with various events, and with those events playing out uniquely across different playthroughs. I've never experienced this kind of complexity in a VN until now.

I could go on and continue to heap praise on Being a DIK, or even nitpick at a few more things, but my 5 stars along with nearly everyone else's should tell you all you need to know about this VN. Being a DIK does so many things better than its competition, but the most notable for me are its engaging storytelling and humour. Great work, Dr. PinkCake. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

RukiRG

One of the best games whih i had honor to play. Really funny and addictive and a lot of hours to play. Not recommended for the ones which want to play something while wanking. If you play and search for everything in this game, you may encounter a sex scene up to 1 hour gameplay
  6. 5.00 star(s)

BagginsMcSwaggins

Unfuckingbelievable game. Holy shitballs - I actually CARE for these pixels as people! That should give some indication at the level of writing going on here. Beautiful.
    Jill for best-girl. That is all.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Magr3d

Probably one of the best VN on this forum. Jump in and be ready to get some feels in addition to great study material. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
    Oh and for once the minigames are good and can be skipped if despite that you dislike it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Stardust07

This is a straight 10, one of the best games ever.

The story is awesome, its realistic and very immersive. Not everyone wants to fuck you the first time they meet you. The humor is also hilarous, I sometimes straight up laughed out loud .

Many interesting and authentic Characters, i got really hooked on the story and had a blast playing it.

There is a great mix between rough and sensual scenes.
    Animations are the best Daz3d animations I have ever seen by far, Fully animated bodys, jiggling goods, you got it. My #1 in these terms was Lust Epidemic but this game beats it.

Really, I was thinking about skipping this because I am not a big fan of VNs, but I would put this in my Top 5 easily.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Chico tatuira

music, art and cg scenes very well done, reminded me american pie , the music complements more the scenes
    history, if you haven't played yet play deserves your time. I've played several games here but this I had to post a review. great job bro.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Kelfistan

What really sells this game is the effort put in the story, and the renders are just icing on the cake (pinkcake). Its probably the most I've ever invested so much in reading and getting into the story; it isn't just mindless sex CGs which is good. The setting is pretty good too and very relatable. It also doesn't explode with too much useless mini-games, they're still their but most are optional and few necessary.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

cybernitsche

This is my first contact with +18 VN and it was a great gateway. The game is very good, the way the story develops is very good, it's interesting and makes you want to know what's going to happen. The dialogues and charisma of the characters is very good and have a good kind of humor.

It is very fun to see how the different forms of relationship develop, and the free roam and mini games during the chapters gives a good relaxed, apart from the collectibles, which is always fun to look everywhere (when it is not frustrating).
  12. 5.00 star(s)

GogolBordello

Best game i've played so far and i say it though i prefer darker content. This is mainstream but it has such a quality that it leaves all the other games way behind and trust me i've played many games. Second to it is Melody.

Being a Dik has everything: great writing with humour, best renders, good suitable music and its a hell of project. The team invest in us. Well worth your time and money. Enjoy!

And Sage is the hottest girl in VN history

The only thing i would improve is the some of the boobjob renders which are the heardest to create.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Stakesy

I'm sure you've all heard it before but if you've played Dr Pink Cake previous game Acting Lessons you know you're in for a wild ride. Before I start, the soundtrack bangs, me and my friend frequently play punk rock flu because of this game and I know there's plans to expand it. But anyway Being A Dik has everything you'd want and expect from this website except Dr Pink Cake always delivers when it comes to creating a character you cant bang that becomes/is your best friend who by the end you'd probably sacrifice your intentions to get with a girl if you had to choose between them and helping your brother out. Lewd moments and wholesome moments are both plentiful and the game doesn't seem to lack in anything in all honestly because everything it says it does it does well, really well. You probably came for a cheap wank and found yourself awake 12 hours later fully invested in the story progression and having a dilemma about who you really want to get with in the end because the characters proved to be way more developed than what you're used to, I can confidently say this game is easily the best game I've played on the site and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that as well. On edge for the next episode and cant wait to see what roller coaster Dr Pink Cake takes us on next.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Nasenbaer

Fantastic writing and enjoyable small detail make this game a true fun to play! I also like the depth of the characters which, excluding the environment and general tone, are quite beliveable.
    Hope to see more.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Yuno Gasai

A very promising VN with an interesting and engaging storyline. Every character has its own individuality which is very rare in this genre. Plus the renders are better than ever. I loved Acting Lessons but with this one, DPC has gone one step ahead with model design and the entire UI in general.
    Hope this game and its developer gets more and more recognition for this 'cause its a masterpiece in making.

(Also, more Riona please, just my personal wish lol.
    Is that the smell of something buring?? noooo :KEK:
    just forget that i even asked. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK DPC (y))
  16. 5.00 star(s)

yesz

this is an excellent experience that i never expected from a site where i get my h games from. Excellent narratives acted by lively characters, this game I could say is as good as monster girl quest. in both games, i laughed, I cried, and most importantly, i enjoyed.
    as for improvements:
    I would say to review your sound levels on sound effects, the slap one is usually one that is sudden and really loud. there is also the fact that scenes feel like the fps are low, or even skip forwards but that could be my machine. But otherwise, the only thing left for me to say is that i am loving this work, and have since i first played it.
    thank you dr pinkcake for this diamond, along with acting lessons. : )
  17. 5.00 star(s)

thath

This visual novel is stunning and story is awesome . It has everything which i like. I personally wish if the game could have more female domination content as it's my favorite . I think adding of more female domination content will add more excitation to the game. Or it could lead to a separate path
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Th3lon1us_Smitt

Beautiful art, gripping narrative, amazingly erotic animations, interesting and deep characters and a writing style that makes immersion almost inevitable. Not only did I nut, but my heart nutted too. 10/10 would play again
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Dr Pinkcake is The CDprojectRed of the AVN world. Being a dik and Acting lessons are awsome and genre defining. A true work of art.
    The writing and visuals are top notch! Am a huge supporter on Steam and cant wait to see his vision finished! Ty DrPinkcake!!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

SameAsAlways2

love this game, can't wait till it finish. love every single char. thks man.. need more games like this.. hope you make more this type of game. thank you thank you.
    Best game here!
    Great renders and fun play. Sexy ladies - what more do you need. :)