shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Remember how Maya got all flustered when she thought MC had been to admin and found out the truth and then came up with a story about a lucky break?

That was a lie. It should be clear by now that the room was reserved for a certain student who didn't get in and became marked vacant. It was no "lucky break," Maya had wanted that student to get in. There was never a "French foreign exchange student." Sure Derek used it as a cover first, but Maya just continued the lie to the end.
I don't think that's correct. When Josy shows up here's the exchange:

my "What are you doing here?"​
js "I got in... They assigned me this dorm and told me it was available."​
my "Oh... They didn't forget..."​

Maya is alluding to them forgetting the the room is vacant, but since they assigned it to Josy, it shows they knew the previous student never showed.

This is definitely "Lump it on Maya Day" today.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
So what? I've signed up for free Amazon Prime just to get something delivered faster, despite having no intention of continuing after the trial ended. Amazon (presumably) knew that was a possibility when they made the offer, just as Quinn knew Maya wasn't interested in sorority hijinks when she asked if Maya was interested in free tuition.

It's relevant because the list was the condition for free tuition.

When the sorority offers free tuition (even if it is part of a scam), then yeah. Quinn never said Maya would be literally whoring herself out, when Maya asked for details Quinn dropped the subject. Thus as far as Maya was aware, the only requirement was that she had to become a HOT.

Maya didn't trick Quinn into revealing the free tuition and then force her to extend an offer. Maya heard rumors and asked, then agreed to the deal that was presented to her. That just isn't manipulation, no matter how much you hate Maya's reasons for doing so.

Also, I think it's extremely likely that Quinn did indeed spread those rumors. She had an obvious (if stupid) motive to do so and never does anything to quash them. Also, unlike Maya, Quinn has a documented history of manipulating people through deceit.
The Scavenger Hunt was not the requirement for free tuition, you seem to be just as blind as Maya on this point.

You also seem to be blind to the reality that the purpose of a Sorority is to create a Sisterhood. Women join such an organization for the social benefits and the sisterly relationships. Maya joining the HOT's is both a deception and a betrayal.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
The Sage/Jill choice is a heavy one, but I don't think it's a definitive closing of anything as some others seem to think it is.

If you go with Jill, then Sage will be probably be rightly pissed that he didn't come to see her when she was sick, but as we already know, she's put up with Chad all this time so her forgiving a guy for disappoingin her seems like it be well within he character.

If you go with Sage, then Jill will understand because the MC holding to his prior obligation is something that she would definitely see as another positive trait of his. Plus, you have those inner monologue lines of, "Maybe it's a sign? Maybe it's best to not even tell him...", so perhaps she views this as a "sign" that she doesn't have to tell the MC about Tybalt's blackmail. This could be because she's just going to keep her distance without telling him why, or because she'll continue to spend time with him and not let him know she was considering doing as Tybalt asked.
Whatever decision you make in this case, you will lose points with both girls. 123214.png

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The only way to not lose points is to not be on both paths simultaneously.
But in that case your points would be shockingly low anyway.

Also remember, the RPs don't really account for much. Most of the semaphores for branching are based on decision flags, not RPs.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Remember how Maya got all flustered when she thought MC had been to admin and found out the truth and then came up with a story about a lucky break?

That was a lie. It should be clear by now that the room was reserved for a certain student who didn't get in and became marked vacant. It was no "lucky break," Maya had wanted that student to get in. There was never a "French foreign exchange student." Sure Derek used it as a cover first, but Maya just continued the lie to the end.
Nonsense. Dorm rooms are randomly assigned, so if your implication is that Josy was that student, then it couldn't have been because they can't choose their rooms before arriving at college.

but she makes no real attempt to get Maya involved.

From Quinn's point of view there can be no better situation than Maya's to get her involved. and yet nothing.

really only Maya is there just for the free tutition, Mona is interested (and given how much money we're talking about it couldn't be otherwise) but she's not there just for that
Quinn recognises a desperate person when she sees them so she didn't have to do much to convince Maya.

As for Mona, she may have wanted to be part of a sorority unlike Maya, but as soon as she hears about "free tuition" she say, "Count me in", or words to that effect, so it becomes a big part of why she is also there.

I don't think that's correct. When Josy shows up here's the exchange:

my "What are you doing here?"​
js "I got in... They assigned me this dorm and told me it was available."​
my "Oh... They didn't forget..."​

Maya is alluding to them forgetting the the room is vacant, but since they assigned it to Josy, it shows they knew the previous student never showed.

This is definitely "Lump it on Maya Day" today.
Exactly. When Josy says, "They assigned me this dorm", she's referring to that particular building, and when she says, "told me it was available", she's referring to the room. So she was given a building to go to and was assigned a totally random room that coincidentally happened to be Maya's because, you know, plot and drama reasons. Maya's line about, "They didn't forget", is most likely in relation to do with them not forgetting about the student who hasn't shown up which, to me, would seem to indicate that she thought they'd forgotten the room had a vacancy and she hadn't informed them there was someone else in the room with her.

Also, it's that day for all these people all the time, it's just particularly prevelant today.

The Scavenger Hunt was not the requirement for free tuition, you seem to be just as blind as Maya on this point.

You also seem to be blind to the reality that the purpose of a Sorority is to create a Sisterhood. Women join such an organization for the social benefits and the sisterly relationships. Maya joining the HOT's is both a deception and a betrayal.
In order to get the "free tuition" one must join the HOTs, and the Scavenger Hunt is the requirement to test how far someone is willing to go to join the HOTs.

The purpose of a Fraternity is to create brotherhood. Men join such an organistation for the social benefits and brotherly relationships. The MC joining the DIKs is both a deception and a betrayal because he just wanted a place to live.

Whatever decision you make in this case, you will lose points with both girls. View attachment 1070741
Aside from a bit of extra lewdness in certain scenes, points haven't mattered very much in this game, and so unless the loss of these points means you won't have enough to advance past a certain point in the relationship, they're not that relevant, especially since these relationships are more based on whether you did certain actions/events and what Affinity/Status you are.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
any update on the developement?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

This week I worked mainly on static renders and a few animations.

Something I worked extra hard on this week was environment design, and I will have to continue to work on this and the last free-roam event next week. It will be a fairly big free-roam event, but work should be progressing at a steady pace.

I have written plenty of the script too, and I only have a handful more scenes to write.

On top of the free-roam event, static renders and writing; I have some work left with phone content, mini-games and music/sound.

I cannot estimate how long this will take, but I can feel that the episode must be at least 80% complete in terms of content (static renders/animations/GUI elements).

The final percentages always take the longest to complete, as polishing and wrapping things up are needed, but we are in the end-game of development of this beast of an episode.

Something new that I can reveal for you today is the episode title, and it will be:

Episode 7 - True Colors

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the fifteenth wallpaper, I give you Nora. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1068664

View attachment 1068669
4 wallpapers remain in the series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Derek say MC is a snowflake if we choose to stay with him instead of Sage or Bella. What do you guys think about that - Is MC really a snowflake or not ? To be honest i don't have any ideas what snowflake is all about in the first place until i seek it meaning on google, and i still haven't make my mind yet about the MC is a snowflake or not.
I'd say the MC's hissy fit and walking out on Maya and Josy during the revelation made him seem like a snowflake. Took me out of the game as getting pissed off at them and walking out isn't something a lot of us would do... I'd probably almost laugh if I was in the same situation.

Nov 14, 2016
I'd say the MC's hissy fit and walking out on Maya and Josy during the revelation made him seem like a snowflake. Took me out of the game as getting pissed off at them and walking out isn't something a lot of us would do... I'd probably almost laugh if I was in the same situation.
I think it was an understandable reaction. I probably would have done similar, maybe wouldn't be as mad as MC was but still I wouldn't know how to process that moment and walked out to think. It's still kind of a betrayal.

Reactions: Razrback16

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As Holy Bacchus said, HOTs (supposedly) get free tuition and the Scavenger Hunt is the test to become a HOT.

No, DavDR, I evaluate the game based on the information it presents, or at least I try to. Your problem is that you demand to be the sole arbiter of the "proper" way things are done, then castigate the game any time its judgement differs from your own.

Whatever the Plantoic 'purpose' of a sorority, Maya is free to join for any reason she wants. If the other HOTs feel her reasons are inappropriate they can certainly take actions to remedy that, but that still wouldn't be a case of manipulation. In the event, none of the HOTs sisters had any problem with Maya joining; even Quinn had to accept her, because Maya did what was asked of her.

Maya only became angry when Quinn backed out of the offer she made to Maya. Yes, that offer was illicit, but that's entirely on Quinn. Yes, the offer was verbal and vague, but again, that's on Quinn! You're not going to prove Maya is some sort of grifter by showing Quinn taking advantage of her!

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I think it was an understandable reaction. I probably would have done similar, maybe wouldn't be as mad as MC was but still I wouldn't know how to process that moment and walked out to think. It's still kind of a betrayal.
But the only betrayal is that from one girl to another... the MC can't feel betrayed by anyone, maybe misleaded by Maya but nothing else. And when you did nothing serious with any of them (appart from the mandatory scenes) and still get the same reaction from your MC... I walked out of the game

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But the only betrayal is that from one girl to another... the MC can't feel betrayed by anyone, maybe misleaded by Maya but nothing else. And when you did nothing serious with any of them (appart from the mandatory scenes) and still get the same reaction from your MC... I walked out of the game
you're too serious a guy, you should have gone with Quinn and Riona, then the scene makes sense

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Agreed. Which is why I loved Derek calling out the MC on his route about being a snowflake.
I'd be whipping my pants off telling Josy finally we can finish what we started back on her dads bed

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes