duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
What lie? Did Maya ever hide her distaste for the activities Quinn had her do? I'm pretty sure Maya's discomfort was most of the reason Quinn gave her those tasks in the first place.
her scavenger hunt list is irrelevant to the topic, dunno why you brought it up.
I'm not seeing the manipulation here. Maya started the process on a rumor, but only continued when Quinn confirmed there WAS free tuition available. Moreover, she fulfilled her end of the bargain; it was the HOTs (since Quinn was acting in their capacity) who backed out.
is the function of a sorority to hand out tens of thousands of dollars to new members? because that's why maya joined. if you don't see why that's dishonest then i can't explain it to you. quinn didn't confirm free tuition, she didn't spread the rumour, she was pissed that it exists. sure, she egged maya on, quinn's dishonest too, but she also told her she'd be earning it on her back. maya fulfilled nothing, she didn't fuck anybody for money, which is the situation even if she's still partly in the dark about it, and if you didn't help her with her list then she cheated on it (lying, albeit certainly justifiable).
I'm not calling for her arrest or anything like that, I'm just applying some logic. It's all just a fun but meaningless thought experiment anyway. I just enjoy the Socratic method because it exposes the individual's reasoning behind their beliefs.
sure, just pointing out more of her dishonest hypocracy.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
One is a birthday date while the other is tending to a sick person. The choice should be obvious but I'm guessing that this choice will bite MC in the future. However I don't think that this would lock a relationship out.

If only MC was allowed to explain to Jill the real reason if he decided to visit Sage instead of simply stating he was busy.
But he did say to Jill that sorry I have to tend to a friend, she is sick. Something along those lines.
He did? Iirc he simply said that he needed to be somewhere else. Oh well I guess I can revisit the scene. Haven't done the Sage playthrough in months.
The exact interaction was:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Wishing death upon someone’s favourite girl because he was spitting facts is just pathetic :ROFLMAO:
Pathetic is what he does, he says that he is tired of the same issues, then he goes and says the same old thing about Maya that it is not the first time he does it, so what is pathetic?

We better leave this here, since the mods already gave me 6 days in the gulap

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
You know, something about that conversation between Quinn and Riona makes me think Quinn did spread the rumor...
what's the detail? i certainly don't remember it verbatim but i remember quinn being annoyed. seems like a real roundabout way to recruit potential hookers, feeding them a lie that big then having to wear down any reservations of theirs later. you could be right though, quinn's a looney tunes petty villain and a stoner to boot and in my experience stoner plans are frequently poorly thought out.

Nov 14, 2016
As a result of this it was that I began to create routes separately :cry:
Yea I thought about it aswell. But then I thought I'm just gonna have my canon playthrough, the choices that I would've made and whatever happens... happens. Ultimately I don't really believe there will be a harem ending when this game is completely finished. So eventually you will be locked out of LIs one by one until The One is left.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The exact interaction was:
This is what made me think the Jill path may not be cut off if MC chooses to attend his sick friend Sage. Jill of all people should understand that. Although, she doesn't really appear to take much note of the sickness comment (the normal response is to ask a follow up question about the friend's condition). Sometimes when you have other things on your mind you don't fully listen to what a person is saying. I could be wrong and maybe it is a discontinuation of the relationship, but it feels like a weak way to go about doing it for a character such as Jill.

Reactions: Deleted member 6239

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
what's the detail? i certainly don't remember it verbatim but i remember quinn being annoyed. seems like a real roundabout way to recruit potential hookers, feeding them a lie that big then having to wear down any reservations of theirs later. you could be right though, quinn's a looney tunes petty villain and a stoner to boot and in my experience stoner plans are frequently poorly thought out.
The way she complains about it at the pool, it's like she's overacting, and then later when Riona complains to her about it, she dismisses it and the look she gives makes me wonder... It's in her interest to get more girls into the game (even though Riona is advising against it), because she wants to make more money, but at higher risk of exposure.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You really don't understand intent? Maya made the decision to join the HOT's, even though she held them in contempt. Before Quinn's scavenger hunt list, before even the confirmation of the rumor, Maya decided to use the HOT's to get get money.
So what? I've signed up for free Amazon Prime just to get something delivered faster, despite having no intention of continuing after the trial ended. Amazon (presumably) knew that was a possibility when they made the offer, just as Quinn knew Maya wasn't interested in sorority hijinks when she asked if Maya was interested in free tuition.

her scavenger hunt list is irrelevant to the topic, dunno why you brought it up.
It's relevant because the list was the condition for free tuition.

is the function of a sorority to hand out tens of thousands of dollars to new members? because that's why maya joined. if you don't see why that's dishonest then i can't explain it to you. quinn didn't confirm free tuition, she didn't spread the rumour, she was pissed that it exists. sure, she egged maya on, quinn's dishonest too, but she also told her she'd be earning it on her back. maya fulfilled nothing, she didn't fuck anybody for money, which is the situation even if she's still partly in the dark about it, and if you didn't help her with her list then she cheated on it (lying, albeit certainly justifiable).
When the sorority offers free tuition (even if it is part of a scam), then yeah. Quinn never said Maya would be literally whoring herself out, when Maya asked for details Quinn dropped the subject. Thus as far as Maya was aware, the only requirement was that she had to become a HOT.

Maya didn't trick Quinn into revealing the free tuition and then force her to extend an offer. Maya heard rumors and asked, then agreed to the deal that was presented to her. That just isn't manipulation, no matter how much you hate Maya's reasons for doing so.

Also, I think it's extremely likely that Quinn did indeed spread those rumors. She had an obvious (if stupid) motive to do so and never does anything to quash them. Also, unlike Maya, Quinn has a documented history of manipulating people through deceit.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This is what made me think the Jill path may not be cut off if MC chooses to attend his sick friend Sage. Jill of all people should understand that. Although, she doesn't really appear to take much note of the sickness comment (the normal response is to ask a follow up question about the friend's condition). Sometimes when you have other things on your mind you don't fully listen to what a person is saying. I could be wrong and maybe it is a discontinuation of the relationship, but it feels like a weak way to go about doing it for a character such as Jill.
Choosing between Sage or Maya or Sarah at the party had little repercussions.

I'm trying to think of any other direct choice between two girls that occurred , I'm drawing a blank.

But unless the story stops the mc from chasing Jill or Sage later on, he'd still chase both girls if the opportunity arose, since he's not actively saying he doesn't want to pursue the relationship with either of them (not like when he tells Jill he's no good for her, or when he tells sage he didn't want anything from their relationship, or when Maya and Josy cut his heart out with a knife).

So even though the Sage/Jill choice feels heavy, I think that's only because it's one of the very few times we've actually had to make this kind of choice and we're wary.

I'm not saying I didn't feel the weight of that choice when I first made it, cause I definitely did. I went with Jill...

Reactions: Deleted member 6239

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You know, something about that conversation between Quinn and Riona makes me think Quinn did spread the rumor...
I feel that the conversation at the pool is a strong indication of that:

screenshot0163.png screenshot0164.png screenshot0165.png screenshot0166.png screenshot0167.png screenshot0168.png screenshot0169.png screenshot0170.png screenshot0171.png screenshot0172.png screenshot0173.png screenshot0174.png

Quinn doesn't seem all that concerned about the rumour and actually seems quite happy with the fact that Mona and Maya want to join because of it.

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
So that's how it goes. In that case I think the consequence would be that MC had no clue about Tybalt if he decided to go with Sage. Don't think that Jill would be pissed. Sage might be if he decided to go with Jill since he didn't even give her a call.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So that's how it goes. In that case I think the consequence would be that MC had no clue about Tybalt if he decided to go with Sage. Don't think that Jill would be pissed. Sage might be if he decided to go with Jill since he didn't even give her a call.
Sage is pissed. You'll get a chance to read her phone message next episode and she wasn't particularly impressed...

Here are the possible interactions depending on your relationship with Sage:

Reactions: Razrback16
Nov 14, 2016
Also probably not a popular opinion but seeing Quinn's backstory a little bit with the drug deals and such, made me feel sorry for her a lot. It seems like she is really in a corner without another option at the moment and she has to make money only way she knows how. Being on a CHICK route I actively avoided everything Quinn related up until ep6 when Quinn showed up with a nosebleed and MC helped her and ended up sleeping with her. But I hope that we can eventually help her which doesn't involve drug deals or prostitution.

Last edited:

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Remember how Maya got all flustered when she thought MC had been to admin and found out the truth and then came up with a story about a lucky break?

That was a lie. It should be clear by now that the room was reserved for a certain student who didn't get in and became marked vacant. It was no "lucky break," Maya had wanted that student to get in. There was never a "French foreign exchange student." Sure Derek used it as a cover first, but Maya just continued the lie to the end.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I feel that the conversation at the pool is a strong indication of that:

View attachment 1070713 View attachment 1070714 View attachment 1070715 View attachment 1070716 View attachment 1070717 View attachment 1070719 View attachment 1070720 View attachment 1070721 View attachment 1070722 View attachment 1070723 View attachment 1070724 View attachment 1070725

Quinn doesn't seem all that concerned about the rumour and actually seems quite happy with the fact that Mona and Maya want to join because of it.
but she makes no real attempt to get Maya involved.

From Quinn's point of view there can be no better situation than Maya's to get her involved. and yet nothing.

really only Maya is there just for the free tuition, Mona is interested (and given how much money we're talking about it couldn't be otherwise) but she's not there just for that

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So what? I've signed up for free Amazon Prime just to get something delivered faster, despite having no intention of continuing after the trial ended. Amazon (presumably) knew that was a possibility when they made the offer, just as Quinn knew Maya wasn't interested in sorority hijinks when she asked if Maya was interested in free tuition.

It's relevant because the list was the condition for free tuition.

When the sorority offers free tuition (even if it is part of a scam), then yeah. Quinn never said Maya would be literally whoring herself out, when Maya asked for details Quinn dropped the subject. Thus as far as Maya was aware, the only requirement was that she had to become a HOT.

Maya didn't trick Quinn into revealing the free tuition and then force her to extend an offer. Maya heard rumors and asked, then agreed to the deal that was presented to her. That just isn't manipulation, no matter how much you hate Maya's reasons for doing so.

Also, I think it's extremely likely that Quinn did indeed spread those rumors. She had an obvious (if stupid) motive to do so and never does anything to quash them. Also, unlike Maya, Quinn has a documented history of manipulating people through deceit.
This 1000%. (y)

I think some people have a very poor misunderstanding of what the word "manipulation" actually means. :rolleyes:

Choosing between Sage or Maya or Sarah at the party had little repercussions.

I'm trying to think of any other direct choice between two girls that occurred , I'm drawing a blank.

But unless the story stops the mc from chasing Jill or Sage later on, he'd still chase both girls if the opportunity arose, since he's not actively saying he doesn't want to pursue the relationship with either of them (not like when he tells Jill he's no good for her, or when he tells sage he didn't want anything from their relationship, or when Maya and Josy cut his heart out with a knife).

So even though the Sage/Jill choice feels heavy, I think that's only because it's one of the very few times we've actually had to make this kind of choice and we're wary.

I'm not saying I didn't feel the weight of that choice when I first made it, cause I definitely did. I went with Jill...
The Sage/Jill choice is a heavy one, but I don't think it's a definitive closing of anything as some others seem to think it is.

If you go with Jill, then Sage will be probably be rightly pissed that he didn't come to see her when she was sick, but as we already know, she's put up with Chad all this time so her forgiving a guy for disappoingin her seems like it be well within he character.

If you go with Sage, then Jill will understand because the MC holding to his prior obligation is something that she would definitely see as another positive trait of his. Plus, you have those inner monologue lines of, "Maybe it's a sign? Maybe it's best to not even tell him...", so perhaps she views this as a "sign" that she doesn't have to tell the MC about Tybalt's blackmail. This could be because she's just going to keep her distance without telling him why, or because she'll continue to spend time with him and not let him know she was considering doing as Tybalt asked.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes