Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I don't think Tybald is attracted to Bella, he just try to win her over because he knows she could be a great help winning Jill period.
He's so obsessed by social status and money that Bella has certainly no appeal to him.
The watermelon-chan in Tybalt's room disagrees :kappa:

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Right. Tell me then, why does he charge money for the steam version?

Not really. Heroin is just commonly associates with hopeless junkies which is understandable. But it's not really that more dangerous than many other drugs.
Highly illegal - absolutely. That's the aspect which I hope will be examined in the game, yeah.
As respectfully as possible...everything in that post is inaccurate. You're kinda right...but the statement has no point. Are you suggesting that since you're more likely to survive drinking cobalt acid than jumping off the 30 story building, it's safe to drink acid?

"Why does he charge money for the steam version?" Odd question. I'm assuming he's selling it on Steam so he doesn't have to work a part-time job to pay his electric bill. Your quip doesn't seem to make much sense, jackofshadows. You don't have to buy the game on steam which I did, or patronize him on Patreon, which I did, both after playing the game for a year because I want to support his project. The game is free. Our support is voluntary. He posted it here like every other creator on this site. I'm assuming you're new to F95 Zone and might not be aware of that fact. It's not a pirate site...it's a creator's forum. If you feel you have to pay to play these free game non-compulsorily, dude, you missed the memo. There was a a lengthy discussion about supporting this and other project if you like them about a year ago on this very forum.

Every game on this forum is free to my knowledge, posted by their creator with the hope that the players will support the game. All of the two dozen or so games are posted by the creator and actively participates in their forums. Like Philly Games does on his City of Broken Dreamers forum. I highly recommend this FREE game to, by the way. And jackofshadows....you don't have to pay, but support him on Patreon if you like it.

PhillyGames
Game Developer
Feb 15, 2019

I hope you guys enjoy this. Two months of work, and every penny I earned from DA, if you guys don't like it, I'll go get drunk or something.

Thank you Krull for the signatures!

Reactions:
borks21, August 1st, Amariithynar and 969 others

Doc is one of the few (to my knowledge) developers who don't frequent their site here because he doesn't like the drama, though he did participate early on.

Last edited:

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
I'd love a faster release schedule as much as anyone, but 3-4 months is just not a realistic time frame given the work needed to release an episode that advances all the various paths at once. The game has expanded too far for that, and I don't want Episodes cut down to only include content for a subset of paths. 5 months might be possible (at least for now), but that would depend on how much content DPC wants to add and I suspect he's too much of a perfectionist to trim things down that far. :cry:
Yeah ename144. Some developers on the site are falling down the "rush" rabbit hole. One of the games I follow, Unleashed, recently posted an "episode" apparently to placate the "Get-em-out-faster" whiners, which took about 5 minutes to finish. Sunshine Love did that recently too. The release was so small it was unsatisfying. I would have MUCH rather have waited for a few months for content on a free game, than to get one "sooner" that had as much content as a cup of coffee. Hrm...that was a lame analogy, but you get my meaning. Doc's releases give us many hours of gameplay. He's not rushing out snippets. He's putting out content.

But, just to say what is waiting to be said...if you want the game to come out faster, stop complaining about it and go support the creators on their Patreon page so they have more time to devote the the game.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Just looked it up on the web. Average of $ 152 per gram of heroin and $ 112 per gram of cocaine in the US. Due to Covid and the higher demand, the prices will probably have increased a little.
Yeah, it's highly depends on your location. From where I stand, it's the other way around.
As respectfully as possible...everything in that post is inaccurate. You're kinda right...but the statement has no point. Are you suggesting that since you're more likely to survive drinking cobalt acid than jumping off the 30 story building, it's safe to drink acid?
Living leads to dying. Alright? So no, everything in that post makes sense. You may not trust the numbers, that's totally fine but that's not the point. Drugs are dangerous but so is alcohol.
"Why does he charge money for the steam version?" Odd question. I'm assuming he's selling it on Steam so he doesn't have to work a part-time job to pay his electric bill. Your quip doesn't seem to make much sense, jackofshadows. You don't have to buy the game on steam which I did, or patronize him on Patreon, which I did, both after playing the game for a year because I want to support his project. The game is free. Our support is voluntary. He posted it here like every other creator on this site. I'm assuming you're new to F95 Zone and might not be aware of that fact. It's not a pirate site...it's a creator's forum. If you feel you have to pay to play these free game non-compulsorily, dude, you missed the memo.
You're the most naive person I've seen in years. Voluntary nature of support doesn't change the chargeable status of the product. The game is no longer posted here by DPC himself if you haven't noticed that yet. As far as I know, he's far from ok with it but being not a fool, he's not trying to prevent it from posting (futile). So unless you're sertified anarchist which seems to be unlikely, it's you who in need of reading the definition of what "free" is. Stuff here isn't free at all, usually it's a result of a compromise or a case of shitty game which can use any sort of advertisement. To legally play BaDIK, you have to buy it on steam or subscribe on his patreon.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Some developers on the site are falling down the "rush" rabbit hole. One of the games I follow, Unleashed, recently posted an "episode" apparently to placate the "Get-em-out-faster" whiners, which took about 5 minutes to finish. Sunshine Love did that recently too. The release was so small it was unsatisfying. I would have MUCH rather have waited for a few months for content on a free game, than to get one "sooner" that had as much content as a cup of coffee.
You know you can wait your updates to pile up and then play it if you don't like your "short" updates, f'in hell i swear some of you are like living on an other planet, wait for your updates one yrear if you like that bur leave us who like our "short" monthly updates to enjoy them...

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Oh man so much facepalm here.
The game is free. Our support is voluntary. He posted it here like every other creator on this site.
No it's not. It's here because someone gets it from his Patreon as soon as he publishes it to top tier patreons, then the pirate uploads it to file sharing sites and then the pirate posts the links here.
DPC earns tens of thousands dollars each month from Patreon subscribers, he does not give it away for free. You can find the statistics if you want.
Every game on this forum is free to my knowledge, posted by their creator with the hope that the players will support the game.
LOL no, very few games here are freeware. Most of them are warez, illegal, pirated, downloaded from Patreons and published elsewhere. Some developers, while not condoning the pirating, frequent this website to still get something from it (support, ideas etc), I say this because it's WRITTEN in the presentation of so many games here.
You probably aren't reading that much in this forum because this is primarily a pirate site and it's clearly stated everywhere. There is even a disclaimer at the bottom of EVERY page just to "save" the administrators from lawsuits.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
For me, the scene at the beginning of episode 2 with Tommy and Quinn also seems meaningless. This scene made Quinn the main antagonist selling hard drugs on campus.
That's because Quinn IS the main antagonist in the story. Darth Vader is one of my favorite characters in the history of fiction. I've no qualms about anyone calling him an antagonist. He is. She is. They're both awesome villains. But if you like Vader so much that you say he's not a villain, you're...confused.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Well thats what people want , but think about the dev. Maybe this game isnt just a way to make money also , maybe he would like to make his work as close to perfection and dont have any regret?
2) DPC is a perfectionist. He will need to constantly spend time monitoring the work of another artist.
I would believe DPC was striving for perfection if the additions actually improved the game. But other than delaying the main plot the padding serves no other purpose. And of 30+ animations, I can barely recall less than 5 in last episode, which to me indicates they're not so impressive and most of them aren't that necessary.

I'm not even saying he needs to hire artists or coders. Since he's adamant about doing the project alone, he should plan in a way that makes sense for a single person to handle. But he's both doing it alone, and planning as if he had a team working for him.
To me the conclusion is obvious, especially considering that his previous game wasn't such a big hit by comparison. He is fully aware he can't ensure another big hit after this one, so it makes sense for him to keep it going as much as he can.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
he's pouring a lot of unnecessary effort just to pad out the development and content of the game

I disagree.

To wit:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
And people ask why Being a dik has over 7600 pages while other games barely have 200 :LOL: . I swear its a nighmare to go through pages if you want to find something specific
It's an absolute survival to set the "Showing posts per page" to at least 60 here. :LOL:
Capture.jpg

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
TEAM SAGE FOREVER!!
It is really good character writing, and graphic artwork of the characters expressions and in this case, especially Sage.
If you are a nice person playing MC, Sage is on the long term, safe. She is generally a good person, and the looks she gives you when asking for something bypass the logic part of one's brain and one has a difficult time refusing, deep down, what is really a very sweet person.

So, quality writing. As good as one would see on any TV series / movie. And just as understandable how so many are "invested" in this "series".

Sage is very sweet, kind, unselfish and loving; even if she is yet to show all that properly (because of her mild bipolar issues: it is either the witch wrath or sex, little in between) to the MC.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Without Jill, the thread would probably only have around 600 pages. ;)
Do not think that Jill is very special if we compare her with the hate that Maya and Josy have received for more than 1 year, that of Jill is more recent, only that people are getting a little tired with her and is not even her fault is DPC's fault

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Do not think that Jill is very special if we compare her with the hate that Maya and Josy have received for more than 1 year, that of Jill is more recent, only that people are getting a little tired with her and is not even her fault is DPC's fault
I know that very well, hence the ironic smiley. And of course you're right about Jill and DPC's development of her character. Even if I like to have fun at her expense, I'm definitely not a hater. Her naive vanilla character just doesn't interest me at all. But since I'm an asshole at heart, I like to make fun of her fans every now and then. I'm trying to improve myself, I promise. (y)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Continuing the subject of Jill and her upcoming date (and Bella and her presumed simultaneous date with MC). First of all, major enthusiasm killer having to babysit a 21-yr old woman. Second, let's say that MC and Bella successfully sabotage the Tybalt/Jill date, then what? You think Jill is just going to say "thanks guys, goodnight," before fucking off and leaving Bella and MC alone for the evening? No, she'll want to go back to Bella's house for wine, emotions, guitar playing, hand holding, and finally some good old-fashioned MC blue balling before bed. No way Bella and MC get it on after dinner if third wheel Jill is hanging around. Jill certainly isn't going to want to directly return to the prep mansion after her date with Tybalt.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes