Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Honestly, before I used to play the update from start to finish in one go if it was possible, now I don't, I've been playing since Sunday and I'm still on the date with Jade and I enjoy it more... more playing time and less waiting until the next one, the bad thing is that I get left behind in the conversations

Reactions: Meushi

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I hope next season DPC finally reveals the mother's identity. Lets get real, it's kind of ridiculous at the of 19, MC has no idea who his mom is. In 19 years he never asked his father " Hey, what is mom's family name?" or look her up?

I guess it's consistent since MC never knows the family names of the people he interacts with.
We don't know who is Lynette precisely. There is no reason to think, DPC fame aside, that MC does not know that

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
I hope next season DPC finally reveals the mother's identity. Lets get real, it's kind of ridiculous at the age of 19, MC has no idea who his mom is. In 19 years he never asked his father " Hey, what is mom's family name?" or look her up?

I guess it's consistent since MC never knows the family names of the people he interacts with.
Not knowing much about his mother is something i can accept : MC really care for his dad, he saw how his birthday affected his dad and choose to not ask about his mother in order to not cause pain to his father. About not knowing her family name you can interpret that as a way to reject his mother family something like "they don't want us ? I don't need them"

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Ok, ending, ouch. Bothways. You finally decide on a LI, (or not, but I did not have the "other" as option, probably because I do CHICK) and then DPC thorws back someone unexpected who could literally fuck everything up... Damn, hard stuff. New teacher though...:D

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Ok so I am using scrappy's mod and tried it with and without the anti cheat save hotfix. Tried loading earlier saves and play out from there too...It only happens when I choose Isabella's route at the table. Other routes are working fine and there is an end scene. Howeverr I would like to choose Bella only. Anyone else has this same problem?
I have seen other users with that problem but I don't know if they found a solution

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
One question though: did you guys notice that Origami Pigeon's song is gone from the music list in the main menu? (or was it never there only on the phone?)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Not knowing much about his mother is something i can accept : MC really care for his dad, he saw how his birthday affected his dad and choose to not ask about his mother in order to not cause pain to his father. About not knowing her family name you can interpret that as a way to reject his mother family something like "they don't want us ? I don't need them"
That is a pretty good reason emotionally, but it just doesn't pass the logic test. Your Mother's maiden name is something that comes up in all kinds of legal documents in life. While it makes perfect sense that he would reject his Mother's family, because of his Dad, he would still know her name.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I guessing there isn't a way to pick and choose minigames, is there? The mansion rebuilt seem like it's up my alley, but everything else doesn't really interest me.

Reactions: DavDR

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I mean if DPC releasing 0.9.0 update, do I still need to wait for your unofficial one or I can just use the official one.
You can use DPC's.
As cold_arctus said, the unofficial patch won't cause any conflict with 0.9.

The next release will be a separate game (new binary/game id), there won't be any need for an update patch to go from 0.8 to 0.9.
Because the game is getting pretty big, and Ren'Py is getting pushed to its limits in some areas, I want to make a new binary for Season 3.

What this means is that after you have completed episode 8, and thus Season 2, you will save your game in a menu and continue your game using another .exe/.app file.

Making a new binary has the added benefit that the initial episodes for Season 3 will have a smaller download size, and you shouldn't have to redownload Season 1 and 2 every update.

If you're getting confused by this, think of this as the same game, only sliced into another part.
That's why this version has that custom save transfer thing at the end. So the saves from Season 1-2 (Episodes 1-8) can be imported into 0.9 by DPCs code.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
No one can be sure, of course, but I'm betting DPC will finish Being a DIK. Even if it takes another 3 years or so, that still leaves time for more projects, and there's no guarantee those will be as popular as this. BaDIK has a setting and vibe that may be uniquely appealing. I thought Acting Lessons was far less interesting (and I say this as one who didn't mind the story twists that seem to upset others). If I were advising DPC, I'd advise him to stay the course -- maybe taking breaks as necessary to avoid burnout.

I saw this episode as a signal that the game has an endgame. The separate endings may reflect technical considerations: he may need relatively clean saves to begin Season 3. But the endings also simplify the bidding going forward. Four or five separate choices doesn't mean four or five times as much content. For example, after the breakfast scene, I played four storylines out to the end, and most of the scenes were identical. Sure, there were a couple unique sex scenes, both of which must have taken a ton of work. But most of the rest was the same from one playthrough to the next. And some or all storylines could easily merge. Sure, there are a lot of loose ends. But loose ends can be tied up, even in one long finale if need be.

Pet peeves: a "dorm" is a building. A "dorm room" is someone's room in a dorm. DPC seems to think a "dorm" is a dorm room. Also, he writes "economy" when he means "economics" or "finance", it seems.

I liked episode 8. Extensive thoughts below. I used spoiler tags on the off chance that some readers haven't encountered every spoiler here already!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still and all, a terrific update.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
yeah we talked a bit about the whole Bella thing... my theory is this...

she is suffering from a great trauma/loss, maybe her husband just left and is missing or he died, or even worse childloss, which is kind of the worst but the most plausible thing at this state... cause just look into her bathroom.
View attachment 1515737
the small mirror with the steps is for sure for a small child i would guess.

and in the starting scene from ep8 we witness a kind of flashback... but there are some strange things, for one, her Boss just sends her home, kind of concerned and dont react to the husband, after that Bella is talking to james outside and is strangely watched from a guy on a bench... like something seems off... conclusion, she just was hallucinating back than, talking to herslef, the boss was concerned and send her home, outside Bella was still talking to herself and imagening that James is by her side, so the guy on the bench is watching her strangely, cause Bella is just talking with herself... At the time of this flashback, James must have been already gone... and Bella got a mental illnes. Like being shizo.

in her locked room i would gues is a kind of refugium, maybe some things from her passed child, or things from the husband in it... she was married, but i think she lost her husband and a child and is heavily suffering from it.
Locked room could be like "Jane Eyre" or whatever Victorian tear jerker we had to read in high school and her husband went crazy and she's got him locked in there chained to a bed :unsure: ;) :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes