Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
You could be correct but I'm not so sure that's the only explanation. Burke is a corrupt deviant... My theory is that he allows Quinn access to the college campus on the grounds that she allows him to use her restaurant for free. That's why we see Quinn so upset with Mona right before she leaves B&R. Burke wanted her, Quinn said deal... Mona backed out. That could cause some backlash coming back on Quinn which, let's be honest, is well deserved.
There's also the case of her drug selling which could also POSSIBLY be tied into Burke but that theory is too far-fetched for me to continue with so I'll just leave that up to your imagination.
Is it just me who finds it quite odd that this corrupt deviant called Burke is trying to fuck one of his students who's a redhead, just like his adopted daughter. I'm glad Sage can fight.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
You could be correct but I'm not so sure that's the only explanation. Burke is a corrupt deviant... My theory is that he allows Quinn access to the college campus on the grounds that she allows him to use her restaurant for free. That's why we see Quinn so upset with Mona right before she leaves B&R. Burke wanted her, Quinn said deal... Mona backed out. That could cause some backlash coming back on Quinn which, let's be honest, is well deserved.
There's also the case of her drug selling which could also POSSIBLY be tied into Burke but that theory is too far-fetched for me to continue with so I'll just leave that up to your imagination.

Completely off topic side note: Deviled Eggs are food of the fucking Gods
Could be that but like you said he's a deviant like she said he's WAY more powerful then her meaning she has much more to lose to go against him. You imagine he didn't use that leverage because he would have to know about her little store in your theory meaning he has dirt on her and assuming... ASSSUMING shes to stupid to record him doing anything with her girls to hold over his head. She's kinda bent over a barrel if the deviant wants. Free access to her little club seems like a given to me not leverage on her end.

Reactions: JamieSadistic

anonbaggins

Mar 20, 2019
I'm on Mac as well. Try this, hold "cmd" then press "spacebar"

Enter "terminal" in the search bar then open the app.

Once the terminal is open, type in this command --> open ~/Librarby/Renpy/
then hit "enter" or "return" depending on what's on your keyboard.

It should take you to that specific folder with all your renpy saves. After that, it's just a matter of scrolling through to find your save. Hopefully this helps!!
That worked. Thanks!

Reactions: LokozZ and SteveyP

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Is it just me who finds it quite odd that this corrupt deviant called Burke is trying to fuck one of his students who's a redhead, just like his adopted daughter. I'm glad Sage can fight.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Burke is disgusting. Episode 1, we see what I assume is his hand behind the gloryhole after Quinn and Riona leave the bathroom. He's constantly hitting on Bella (Which doesn't make him disgusting really....just creepy) He's obviously using Quinn's services in at least some regard. He was also the one who deleted Mona's transcripts in the College System. I also assume he had some kind of sexual encounter with Cathy based on the conversation between her and Jade at the bar...top it all off with him owning a copy of the MC/Jade sextape and you have a recipe for destruction.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
What's up with the teeth in this update? The renders in this update seem to have taken a step backwards. Wasn't this noticed during production? This is the only game that I still play and look forward to. But it's been a disappointment both render and story-wise.

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Burke is disgusting. Episode 1, we see what I assume is his hand behind the gloryhole after Quinn and Riona leave the bathroom. He's constantly hitting on Bella (Which doesn't make him disgusting really....just creepy) He's obviously using Quinn's services in at least some regard. He was also the one who deleted Mona's transcripts in the College System. I also assume he had some kind of sexual encounter with Cathy based on the conversation between her and Jade at the bar...top it all off with him owning a copy of the MC/Jade sextape and you have a recipe for destruction.
stephen seems well connected to many sponsors. i'm guessing he is prostituting his victims to them too.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I still adamently believe that its tiana or whatever her name is that pregnant. to cause extra rift between heather and tommy.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
think the sex tape was sent to Burke by Quinn in order to have leverage. It would be logical considering that Quinn is behind the organization of the leak of Katie's photos. The second candidates are Melanie and Sarah, who secretly work for Burke. They found the video and just sent it to Burke

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I still adamently believe that its tiana or whatever her name is that pregnant. to cause extra rift between heather and tommy.
I hope so. That'll be what drives Heather into needing a shoulder (or cock) to cry on and my MC is ready.

stephen seems well connected to many sponsors. i'm guessing he is prostituting his victims to them too.
Stephen does seem to be very well connected and according to all of Tybbie's "My daddy" posts on Rooster, he's apparantly loaded. It would make it very hard to bring him down without Jill or Rusty's help if it comes to that.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
Mel and Sarah are interesting characters, I can't really decide whether I like them or not. At first I thought they are the "bad girls" of the restaurant, the bitchy ones, while Rio and Camila are the good ones, but in ep7 they were helping/protecting Chad and I guess they also know his secret. Maybe they aren't that bad after all. :eek:

Aug 2, 2017
To be honest, I'm a bit surprised to see all the negativity that I'm seeing. It must be a difference of opinions but I realized at some point in this update that the only time I've felt this way playing a VN was the time I played through all of Katawa Shoujo. DPC seems to nail this feeling that you are just another person in the lives of these people you meet, and while you can help them and stand beside them, there are plenty of times where it starts to feel like they might've even been better off without you. I damn near teared up when Jill saw Bella banging MC's brains out, among other things. And these characters do start to feel like actual, real people. Sure it felt like they were all determined to play a stereotype back in Episode 1, but you slowly get to learn that everyone, from the meathead alpha jock, to the slutty party girls, to the infuriating nerds, and even the damn strippers have deeper feelings and motivations behind their actions. Hell, even two of the preps were given some character in this update.

I will say it is a bit weird that the big zinger at the end of last episode turned out to not do a ton beyond giving further insight on Chad and give Sage closure, while the cliffhanger for this episode falls pretty flat unless you're banging Sage and Jade. Overall, I think that Being a DIK really is a masterclass amongst its peers, and it has some of the best character writing I've ever seen.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Anyone else having this release or Ren'Py SDK 7.4.10 not working on macOS? It just crashes to Desktop without warning. Maybe one bounce in the Dock. I can't even load the game folder because the SDK crashes the same way too. I'm on 11.6.1 (for now, might try Monterey to see if it resolves anything about this).
You need to switch renderer either via Shift+g or use this file (goes into the game's "game" folder:

Reactions: Meushi

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I hope so. That'll be what drives Heather into needing a shoulder (or cock) to cry on and my MC is ready.

Stephen does seem to be very well connected and according to all of Tybbie's "My daddy" posts on Rooster, he's apparantly loaded. It would make it very hard to bring him down without Jill or Rusty's help if it comes to that.
Mines not as ready as a dik character but mines set most of the table for her even though he's pure neutral haha.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JamieSadistic

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I feltIt really makes sense. The hidden desire to fuck his own, albeit adopted daughter, will complete his image of a real scumbag. WPC is slowly but surely drawing a scoundrel out of Stephen. something similar when that piece of shit approached Bella like this.

Duude, now I am more disgusted by him; and Tyballs is just pathetic. poor jade, although tremolo did give her some. let that bastard get some justice in season 3. I hope Sage survive this, girl is precious.
It really makes sense. The hidden desire to fuck his own, albeit adopted daughter, will complete his image of a real scumbag. DPC is slowly but surely drawing a scoundrel out of Stephen.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes