mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I think that the judgment on the run of Maya and Josy I postpone to another time, that the atmosphere is already very hot today....o_O

let's talk about Jill's run.
it would be a very good run, if you can forget about the blackmail... i can't do it so much... a marginal note, while it seemed to me that many characters are much better "graphically" (Riona and Bella who solved the problem of the flying eyelashes at least), Jill had very few good renders, sometimes she looks fat, sometimes old, leaving aside the question of the smile...

in general this chapter seemed to me very cerebral, DPC takes the opportunity to explain and rectify some impressions that one could be made in the course of the game.

from this point of view we suddenly discover that Jill has friends, many friends, and even good people, who like her are part of the 1% that has few concerns. and it's great, better a correction than to carry on a character excessively introverted. but this of course strikes even more with the context of blackmail, a person with a solid network of friends how does it fall into a trap like this? could not make a phone call to Bianca? a friend lawyer does not have it? well forget it.... (who knows if the story of what happened near the barn will have any importance...)

the recital, which was a moment we were all waiting for, is perfect in its classicism, no effort to find an original idea, but it works. DPC doesn't give up basing her narrative on guilt, so either we help Jill or she fails miserably...a true modern woman....
with Jill the path of declaring ourselves seriously to her comes very naturally, more so than with any other LI

as much as I loved that the blackmailing episode was closed, I found Jill's outburst with Tybalt excessive, and the idea that since the three dates have passed MC is safe, is really naive

after reading the negative shazba 's scene, when I got to the confrontation with Jill, a bit of fear came over me, but I found it to be a believable dialogue in the end, Jill is understandably exhausted, and for that she blames MC (who is guilty of the situation Jill found herself in, but not of the fact that she believes in unicorns and Tybalt) and at that point she wonders if it's actually worth it
it will be up to MC to prove it to her.

then comes the longed-for first time, which, apart from the usual naivety of hyper reserved people having sex without problems in front of a window overlooking a garden frequented by a gang of idiots, seemed to me a very good scene, very warm and gentle

rightly at this point Jill's story was virtually closed, she would have had nothing else to tell so DPC anticipates the family plot, I have a bad feeling (not for the drama, but for the accumulation of coincidences) but let's hope well
I’m quietly optimistic that the structure the choice at the end of Ep8 brings will help DPC in the future. I’m rapidly coming to believe that the reason some of these plot elements were shit is because they were added in to stall the LI’s. All the shittiest parts were elements that stopped LI’s in their tracks.

Theres a relatively flowing story to each LI but they move at different paces so DPC has to put in afterthought storylines to keep everyone on level pegging as other elements are introduced.

Jill was stopped dead for a few episodes by the blackmail. Maya/Josy are in an indefinite holding pattern until her tuition is sorted. Sage was kept in place by Chad and the cheating. Bella was primed for this date a few episodes ago and just sorta existed until the trigger was pulled and everything with her moved more in half an episode than it has in the last 4.

Almost all these stalls were unceremoniously removed in Ep8. He clearly didn’t give a shit about Chad, the blackmail or Sage’s reluctance to date.

It doesn’t make the writing any better but it can also be salvaged. These shitty plot lines have hopefully served their purpose. With any luck he doesn’t repeat this bullshit and just conjure up new roadblocks outta Zoey and repeat himself. Maybe now we can have structured plot lines with conviction that doesn’t have to stop every other episode to let everything catch up.

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
Right. I played only this route, and now I see that this scene is in the main story. Uhmmm...
No problem.
Many things we already know is possible to learn only after multiple playthroughs ;)
That cheeky DrPinkCake really wants to make us play this game in every way possible. :KEK:

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
Time to beat a dead horse. :( yes i looked at some of the other replies and guess i am a blind man beating a dead horse.

I downloaded BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc-lin extracted it fine and played all the way to end no problems. i down loaded BeingADIK-0.8.1-pc all the previous save are showing up and now getting the following error msgs.

i can start a new game and it seems to work ... but really didn't want to start over. and have to do that for vers 0.8.2 etc.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 20, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 339, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 339, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 343, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 348, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 349, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 351, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 372, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 372, in <module>
NameError: name 'nonPatreonConfig' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 20, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 20, in <module>
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact

ETC......

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I've a feeling, "Madame" could've been Jill's elder sister or Mom. They look familiar.

View attachment 1521365

Just like mom and Daughter.

View attachment 1521364
YES!!! We have a new Auntie Jill theory! It's not as good as the old one, and there's no way that Madame could be described as a futa Giantess but beggars can't be choosers.

Now if we only had some KRJ jokes.

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
Sorry... my bad... I must have skipped this :p I just browsed through the phone but obviously failed epically :ROFLMAO:
Thanks anyway ! :)
No problem :)
Good that I had a save around the moment of the first English class with Bella, and the library scene was after it:)
I was only worry that after loading one of the Free Roam I'll need to check the whole song list, but luckly the song from the library scene was still playing and the title was on the phone screen :D

Interestingg fact - In the game there are 4 song from Grace Mesa, where 3 are related to scenes with Bella :) I don't recall now if the last one is also related with her, but nice add from DrPinkCake to even keep the music somehow related with the character.

Reactions: sixart

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Oh the loan and the lawsuit, on top of the horrible ep4 scene, pretty much killed the game for me. The MC might have grown wings after that, it couldn't be any more unbelievable.
well in the next chapter it should become clear

or Maya was simply deceived by her father, but in reality she doesn't run any risk, at least economically.

or in BADIk there are very strange customs in lending money to people who are clearly without income...

unfortunately I think we will go for the second one

Tybalt may hate the CM (though I'd say that's probably only true if the MC deliberately antagonized him), but he's not the one calling the shots here. This is about asking Tybalt's parents to help Maya (and Josy, if Sage mentioned their relationship). It's not even clear if Tybalt will even learn about this meeting, since he doesn't live here and I doubt Sage invited him.

Even if Tybalt hates the MC with a burning passion, that just means their son has a grudge with one of Maya's friends. Given that their daughter will also defend the guy, I don't think even Tybalt's bitterest antipathy will really matter all that much - at least for the task at hand. Tybalt may well seek revenge in other ways, but he would have done that regardless of asking Maya for help.

(This, BTW, is why I still say the MC's fuck-storm at the end of Episode 8 is unwarranted if you never fooled around with Jade. Tybalt as blood enemy barely rates a single fuck, much less six.)
i agree
I also wrote that Tybalt will not have a direct voice in the Maya issue, but he is still the only known danger to MC in that house

the rest is just overdramatization and multiple confusing pathways....

CUL8R

Nov 1, 2021
Time to beat a dead horse. :( yes i looked at some of the other replies and guess i am a blind man beating a dead horse.

I downloaded BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc-lin extracted it fine and played all the way to end no problems. i down loaded BeingADIK-0.8.1-pc all the previous save are showing up and now getting the following error msgs.
Have you updated to 0.8.0 before?
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-8-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/page-1583#post-6985459

and used the hotfix for saves from the first page?

Reactions: Meushi

FDrebin89

Nov 12, 2021
Could it be possible that DPC intends to eventually have the LI move in with MC in his giant library apartment for one reason or another?

Sage has to leave the HOT house after her father and Quinn get exposed, Jill leaves the prep house because Tybalt is a creepy stalker, Josy/Maya have a final split and the one MC chooses moves in with him, Bella moves in after her husband returns and kicks her out for cheating on him, etc.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’m quietly optimistic that the structure the choice at the end of Ep8 brings will help DPC in the future. I’m rapidly coming to believe that the reason some of these plot elements were shit is because they were added in to stall the LI’s. All the shittiest parts were elements that stopped LI’s in their tracks.

Theres a relatively flowing story to each LI but they move at different paces so DPC has to put in afterthought storylines to keep everyone on level pegging as other elements are introduced.

Jill was stopped dead for a few episodes by the blackmail. Maya/Josy are in an indefinite holding pattern until her tuition is sorted. Sage was kept in place by Chad and the cheating. Bella was primed for this date a few episodes ago and just sorta existed until the trigger was pulled and everything with her moved more in half an episode than it has in the last 4.

Almost all these stalls were unceremoniously removed in Ep8. He clearly didn’t give a shit about Chad, the blackmail or Sage’s reluctance to date.

It doesn’t make the writing any better but it can also be salvaged. These shitty plot lines have hopefully served their purpose. With any luck he doesn’t repeat this bullshit and just conjure up new roadblocks outta Zoey and repeat himself. Maybe now we can have structured plot lines with conviction that doesn’t have to stop every other episode to let everything catch up.
i agree with you, from this chapter on BADIK can only improve. for me DPC was blatantly indifficult, and with this new starting point it should make his work easier.

i am much less optimistic though that there will be no excuse to slow down the evolution of the individual relationships anyway
among other things, however, it brings with it a considerable baggage of mysteries to solve, so the setbacks will continue to be there

Reactions: mindern

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
I've a feeling, "Madame" could've been Jill's elder sister or Mom. They look familiar.

View attachment 1521365

Just like mom and Daughter.

View attachment 1521364
Nah there is no way a member of the Royce family would work in a profession like that def not Jill's mom since we know one of the reasons her and Jill's sister didn't always get along was because the Sister was different/improper also Madame is way to busty to be either from what i can tell not to mention Jill's sister is dead

Reactions: Ilhares
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes