shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Most women who ride horses lose their hymen.
Why are some guys obsessed with virgins bleeding?
Never knew people had such an obsession with blood
Entire cultures were obsessed with the idea that a virgin must bleed on her wedding night or else she is not a virgin and has shamed her family. Sheets with blood on them were prepared in advance to save everyone's humiliation. It's fucking ridiculous.

No girl should be nervous that she may not bleed on her first time, let alone have the onus on her to prove she's a virgin in the first place.

But perhaps Jill not bleeding is just another nail in the progressive coffin that J.A.L has been battling, first people of varying sexuality being accepted, and now virgins not bleeding! What is the world coming to! :eek:

New Being a Dik drinking game: Drink every time Maya motions the loan.
We'd all be pretty sober. She mentioned it once in episode 6, brought it up again in a scene in ep 7, and I believe that was it. Now if we had to drink every time someone here made a big deal out of it, we'd probably all be dead from alcohol poisoning! :eek:

EDIT: I stand corrected, she talks about it a lot! :D

Last edited:

nomonsky

Dec 30, 2021
There is one way DPC could fix Maya.

It's an idea that I've had for quite some time but I've been reluctant to propose it as a theory because there just isn't enough to back it up. Though it does fit the circumstances. Let's just call it a suggestion.

What if Maya isn't as stupid as we thought? What if she's just lying (no big stretch there)?

What if the situation is this, Maya's Father is the one paying for her college, he threatened to withhold that payment after he found out about Josy. Maya could refuse his help and take out a student loan but she doesn't want to. She doesn't want to burden herself. She wants the free ride. Of course if another opportunity came up, like free tuition, that would be great. She would have her tuition and Josy too. But as it is she can wait, but she can't tell Josy that would end the relationship. So she makes up the whole student loan story.

I mean it does sound like a bad lie told by a teenager.
this could work. i can picture maya taking the phonecall to speak to her dad discussing this. the scene is already there, assuming that call she took has some kind of significance. maya owe derek something, prolly for keeping this a secret.

it's interesting what waiting can do to people.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Entire cultures were obsessed with the idea that a virgin must bleed on her wedding night or else she is not a virgin and has shamed her family. Sheets with blood on them were prepared in advance to save everyone's humiliation. It's fucking ridiculous.

No girl should be nervous that she may not bleed on her first time, let alone have the onus on her to prove she's a virgin in the first place.

But perhaps Jill not bleeding is just another nail in the progressive coffin that J.A.L has been battling, first people of varying sexuality being accepted, and now virgins not bleeding! What is the world coming to! :eek:

We'd all be pretty sober. She mentioned it once in episode 6, brought it up again in a scene in ep 7, and I believe that was it. Now if we had to drink every time someone here made a big deal out of it, we'd probably all be dead from alcohol poisoning! :eek:
Loan/Tuition/Needing Money...It's all for the same purpose, and she brings it up a hell of a lot more than twice. It's part of her first conversation and her last conversation, and will be a major talking point in Season 3.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Loan/Tuition/Needing Money...It's all for the same purpose, and she brings it up a hell of a lot more than twice. It's part of her first conversation and her last conversation, and will be a major talking point in Season 3.
once in each chapter, maybe not in the fifth chapter.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

You have to admit that it's a problem in the game. The Maya/Josy triangle and the Student Loan are central to the entire first season. And as I've said before, the way the story is written you have to be sympathetic to Maya or the story just doesn't make any sense. And it is fairly clear that a large percentage of the players do not like Maya.

Aug 26, 2019
You have to admit that it's a problem in the game. The Maya/Josy triangle and the Student Loan are central to the entire first season. And as I've said before, the way the story is written you have to be sympathetic to Maya or the story just doesn't make any sense. And it is fairly clear that a large percentage of the players do not like Maya.
I think the hate Maya gets is because of the three-way relationship the mc has with her and maya.She used to be one of the most popular girl in the earlier episodes but it's been a steady decline in popularity.Alot of people want a Solo relationship with her but that can't happen and if it does happen in the future we will lose friendship with josy.which then again isn't fair to josy who has also tolerated alot of Maya snubbing.
It's a triangle of mess dpc has created which I don't think is fixable unless the story gets a little darker.

Reactions: Awry90 and shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
once in each chapter, maybe not in the fifth chapter.
Because I'm bordering on insane, I went back and checked, of Maya's 2,626 lines of dialogue (including branching sentences), she mentions her loan/funds/money/tuition etc. on 27 separate lines.

So pretty much 1% of her dialogue is talking about this shit directly. So lets say about 5% of her dialogue is about it since surrounding sentences are still possibly somewhat related.

I agree, that's a fuck ton of her sentences to be about the loan. That said, it is definitely my least favourite central thread in the game. It's long overstayed its welcome, and I hope it's resolved very soon.

Everything else currently is fun, or has potential for fun (even the Jill blackmail had the potential to see Tybalt suffer, and suffer he did!)
I think the hate Maya gets is because of the three-way relationship the mc has with her and maya.She used to be one of the most popular girl in the earlier episodes but it's been a steady decline in popularity.Alot of people want a Solo relationship with her but that can't happen and if it does happen in the future we will lose friendship with josy.which then again isn't fair to josy who has also tolerated alot of Maya snubbing.
It's a triangle of mess dpc has created which I don't think is fixable unless the story gets a little darker.
What's ironic is that eventually people will be praying for a house fire! :eek:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
The thread had to be locked and purged the last time this topic came up.

View attachment 1594458
Which is why we need to change the damn subject.

Sage... Given how much of a big deal she made about Chad cheating she is awfully quick to gloss over her cheating with the MC.

Even if you assume she had a valid reason, namely he was cheating on her and neglecting her, she only once addresses her own infidelity and that was to use it as a stick to beat Chad with to get him to tell the truth. The MC has shown no issue with being with someone who's cheated in the past (4/5 of the main LI are or were in relationships) but I'd appreciate some sort of comment on it.

Would Sage stay faithful if she went long distance with the MC? It's her final year. They could be separated. She has shown she can't keep it in her pants all that well. DPC would never have her cheat on the MC but he’s awful quick to shack up with someone who not only cheated, but also indicated he was her second choice. She’s was pretty cut up about Chad and said herself she never saw the MC that way until he was out of the picture.

If I was the MC I’d have concerns about how faithful she is. At the very least it’s proven her fidelity is based on being happy and she is willing to stay with someone but cheat if she has to.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Which is why we need to change the damn subject.

Sage... Given how much of a big deal she made about Chad cheating she is awfully quick to gloss over her cheating with the MC.

Even if you assume she had a valid reason, namely he was cheating on her and neglecting her, she only once addresses her own infidelity and that was to use it as a stick to beat Chad with to get him to tell the truth. The MC has shown no issue with being with someone who's cheated in the past (4/5 of the main LI are or were in relationships) but I'd appreciate some sort of comment on it.

Would Sage stay faithful if she went long distance with the MC? It's her final year. They could be separated. She has shown she can't keep it in her pants all that well. DPC would never have her cheat on the MC but he’s awful quick to shack up with someone who not only cheated, but also indicated he was her second choice. She’s was pretty cut up about Chad and said herself she never saw the MC that way until he was out of the picture.

If I was the MC I’d have concerns about how faithful she is. At the very least it’s proven her fidelity is based on being happy and she is willing to stay with someone but cheat if she has to.
from that point of view Mc must really have a great optimism... loyallty is not the main value of LIs...

unfortunately on Sage it's impossible to give a real judgement as her story with Chad is completely artificial.

we know that Sage has been aiming at him since she was a freshman, and this doesn't help Sage at all, who seems to pursue a status symbol more than a real relationship (and in fact she tries to "improve" MC's status a lot too).

whether the relationship started right away or Sage had to win him over the hard way, why would she put up with all that emotional cold?

except for very particular situations how many sexual denials is a girl willing to endure before looking elsewhere? in my opinion it hardly comes to more than a week.

whether the story with Chad has been long or short doesn't change much, if it's long you can't understand why Sage endured so much, if it's short you can't understand why she cares so much anyway.

Sage looks like a girl who can't stop wanting what she wants, there's no pride holding her back, she's willing to make any sacrifice to get what she wants. so she keeps hoping Chad will open up to her, and in the same way, if rejected, she keeps looking for MC, up to declaring she wants to be informed if he's available for her.

Even in her relationship with Quinn she confirms the same inflexibility, trusting her no matter what.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I kind of disagree. The Josy/Maya thing is not a really a big problem, there is no drama from there, at least yet. May be later, as either Maya or Josy, but Josy may be more, start to fall for the MC and etc etc. but that is just one side

Without Maya, the whole Quinn, and restaurant, and free tuition and Burke would not be as impactful. Maya is the engine for this.
to simplify it, Just like without Jill , the preps and Tybalt has no meaning for MC, and for the players. That is why we have no deeper connection to the Nerd, because there isnt a Nerd girl in the main girl roster, therefor MC has no meaningful connection to them.

Maya is the key Why Quinn is exist , Quinn fans should be grateful:p:devilish::ROFLMAO:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Sage looks like a girl who can't stop wanting what she wants, there's no pride holding her back, she's willing to make any sacrifice to get what she wants. so she keeps hoping Chad will open up to her, and in the same way, if rejected, she keeps looking for MC, up to declaring she wants to be informed if he's available for her.
Thing is, her line about never seeing the MC that way means it was largely just sex for her. The threshold for taking what she wants regardless of her partner is kinda low.

It means she was willing to cheat on Chad purely for sex. She’s willing to outwardly pursue “just sex” publicly such as at the DIK party early on (where Jacob steps in). Not even social pressure to appear faithful is an issue for her. That’s a really low threshold for her to cheat.

I’ve always had a massive issue with the line about her never seeing the MC that way. It’s out of character with her previous actions and it throws up all sorts of questions. It cheapens the MC and hers relationship. It’s a small thing but Bella can point to genuinely developing feelings for the MC. Josy has a (albeit short) history with the MC and cites a connection and chemistry even back at the supermarket job. Maya has never felt this way about a guy and even Josy admits it’s a big deal how Maya feels and she says that as the betrayed partner.

Sage just wanted some dick and doubles down later saying that’s all he was to her. Id take anything at this point to justify it. Even Sage vocalising how she just did it, at first, for attention she wasn’t getting elsewhere and apologising for using the MC like that but reaffirming she started to fall for him.

Better than using MC as a human sex toy and only consciously seeing him as more once Chad was gone. For the record she’s my second favourite LI. I just think this needs addressing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes