Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
just add a fantastic halloween-themed minigame and a month or so of work is added.

Bella, however, should be unaware of this, otherwise her hopes for mutual forgiveness would not be explained.

Bella's story is so minimal for what we really know, that nothing can be excluded

but in the end she is only one of the 5 LIs, it's more interesting to know if Lynette at the cinema was taking popcorn or tortillas
Honestly the Lynette thing is starting to get annoying. It doesn’t add anything significantly of value to the story, it doesn’t even fill the gaps because the story Neil told is significantly different than hers.

But hey MC is imagining what his naked mom looks like, so DPC doesn’t completely waste his time with it. :Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Honestly the Lynette thing is starting to get annoying. It doesn’t add anything significantly of value to the story, it doesn’t even fill the gaps because the story Neil told is significantly different than hers.

But hey MC is imagining what his naked mom looks like, so DPC doesn’t completely waste his time with it. :Kappa:
5 things I like most about BADIK

Lynette's diary: boring premise to get to the revelation of something about Lynette's family that right now doesn't interest me at all

Madame's character: bottomless pit where you can throw money to have the worst sexual services available in BR, even DPC allowed you to upgrade your wallet so you can have enough cash (and apart from Madame it is really hard to spend the $$$)

the game to unlock renders where, if you do not use the guides, you have to pass the mouse pixel by pixel to find the reward points

the minigames, nice the first time, acceptable the second, a ball and chain at some point, then some minigames are really ugly and bad (like "paint the fence" ... if only there was the master Miyaghi ...) but skippable...

D&G, in last position because we got rid of it, and the first game was not bad at all

• Haha
Reactions: Kellermann

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
What if James has already moved on with his life? In his eyes the relationship is already broken beyond repair, so why beat yourself up over something left in the past?

Because after all, even after the darkest nights, there is always a bright day afterwards.

Other way to work around it is that James is already dead and Bella suffered a mental breakdown due to losing so many people that are close to her and it’s something that she can’t face and accept. But hey - the MC is there for her, he who brought her walls down, he who invoked feelings in her that no one since James ever did, he let her know that he is there for her and he won’t leave her. Together they’ll make through it, no matter how difficult it’s going to be.
Jill broke through too, even if on accident.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
engineering (in the future)
I would love to see DPC do something with this. I don't remember if MC is taking electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or choo-choo train engineering, but I think a new class like that could be interesting if done right. Anything but another damn English spelling contest. I just cannot endure that class anymore. Same with gender studies. glad that one is over. Let's get a couple of new courses in the autumn term curriculum.

Just wonder what Jade will be up to now that her class is over. Does she teach something else? Human biology perhaps? :giggle:

I care about halloween twice as much as I care about the interlude, which isn't that much. :ROFLMAO:

However, once we get out of the interlude, I don't think we'll have to wait more than 6 months, maybe even a little less.

so from the beginning of march to the beginning of august/beginning of september

if DPC postpones it to coincide with Halloween I'll have even less friends than usual here....
DPC is the last one who will artificially delay the development of the update. I think after the interlude drops, episode 9 will be released in 4-5 months. And Halloween is only at the end of the year - the beginning of 2023.
Less than 6 months!?? 4 to 5 months?? Are you people out of your minds? You know quite well we are never going back to those days.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I would love to see DPC do something with this. I don't remember if MC is taking electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or choo-choo train engineering, but I think a new class like that could be interesting if done right. Anything but another damn English spelling contest. I just cannot endure that class anymore. Same with gender studies. glad that one is over. Let's get a couple of new courses in the autumn term curriculum.

Just wonder what Jade will be up to now that her class is over. Does she teach something else? Human biology perhaps? :giggle:

Less than 6 months!?? 4 to 5 months?? Are you people out of your minds? You know quite well we are never going back to those days.
There is a chance, little but not 0, that DPC has already stated to work on 9th and that the interlude is however a part of 9th, so the remain part is not full episode

Wishful thinking :cry:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

It was a productive week. I have finished posing all art and completed most coding tasks as well.

What remains now is waiting for animations to render, polishing, and playtesting.

After that, I can send the game to my team of testers and proofreader.

Render times shouldn't be too bad, I hope, but time will tell.

Testing is hopefully smooth this time, too, since it's a smaller episode than usual.

The biggest task will be testing that the save transfer system is robust for Steam/GOG/Patreon versions so that any player with Season 2 can continue playing without issues.

Next week I will work on those remaining tasks while waiting on animations to render.

I can't promise a February release yet, so wait until the release date is set if you're pledging to get the update. It's either February or March, though.

View attachment 1633659

View attachment 1633660

Patreon milestone celebration
Today, I'll give you the final renders of the Quinn and Sally order.

Three parts remain in the custom render series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I guess we're going to go a whole (short) development cycle without ever getting any numbers on animation progress. Weird. Presumably we'll get some sort of count when the Interlude finally releases, which I think is more likely to be in February than March. Obviously it's hard to say much for certain in the complete absence of data and there's always the risk of a major bug cropping up, but DPC tends to be very conservative when it comes to the final stretch.

So it probably won't be too much longer until we can see what the Interlude is. Still not feeling much enthusiasm for it, though.

Sorry, that was a lower court ruling that wouldn't even make precedent. Just looking up something on Google hardly makes you an expert at law. I'm not an expert either but I do have access to people with real knowledge.

If that's the best you can do to try and show how you have not lost everytime we argued about this game, it's pretty pathetic.
Good luck lecturing a lower court judge about how you can ignore his/her ruling because it sets no precedent. And feel free to provide any evidence for your position; you've had a year, after all.

5 things I like most about BADIK

Lynette's diary: boring premise to get to the revelation of something about Lynette's family that right now doesn't interest me at all

Madame's character: bottomless pit where you can throw money to have the worst sexual services available in BR, even DPC allowed you to upgrade your wallet so you can have enough cash (and apart from Madame it is really hard to spend the $$$)

the game to unlock renders where, if you do not use the guides, you have to pass the mouse pixel by pixel to find the reward points

the minigames, nice the first time, acceptable the second, a ball and chain at some point, then some minigames are really ugly and bad (like "paint the fence" ... if only there was the master Miyaghi ...) but skippable...

D&G, in last position because we got rid of it, and the first game was not bad at all
Well, I agree with you about Madame; no saving her. And I'm not keen on the time spent on the D&G animations, even though the game itself was fun.

But I can't agree about the others. Lynette's diary is good character work for the MC and Neil, and feels like a natural way to work a future revelation into the narrative. The mini-games are a nice change of pace and can be turned off if you don't like them. Similarly, if you don't enjoy hunting for special renders, the only loss is missing some special renders; it's not like they're a significant drain on development resources.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There is a chance, little but not 0, that DPC has already stated to work on 9th and that the interlude is however a part of 9th, so the remain part is not full episode

Wishful thinking :cry:
Is the thinking that Interlude was originally part of ep. 9 and now that they are separated, ep. 9 will be shorter? I just can't imagine any scenario where DPC won't add more filler or get more ambitious during production and add some extra content to make up for any shortened development time.

• Haha
Reactions: RonnieBoi

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Since the engagement was rushed at the very end of episode 8, I think episode 9 will take some time to deal with the aftermath:
  • The new behavior of the main character, more in love than ever, will have to be showcased. It is a strong expectation of the players who made the choice of a love interest.
  • The new relationship with Josy and Maya was postponed, because whatever it is now, these girls will remain close.
  • What about Nicole? Considering the past efforts with her, I doubt a simple phone call will suffice.
  • How will Isabella's rejection be handled even though she is the new teacher?
In addition, there is the ongoing main plot through the meeting with Jade and Stephen Burke, and the revelation of the family tie with Sage. These situations provide a huge amount of dialogue and scene variation. If Dr PinkCake also includes the Halloween party, I'm afraid there will be a significant delay between the interlude and episode 9.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Since the engagement was rushed at the very end of episode 8, I think episode 9 will take some time to deal with the aftermath:
  • The new behavior of the main character, more in love than ever, will have to be showcased. It is a strong expectation of the players who made the choice of a love interest.
  • The new relationship with Josy and Maya was postponed, because whatever it is now, these girls will remain close.
  • What about Nicole? Considering the past efforts with her, I doubt a simple phone call will suffice.
In addition, there is the ongoing main plot through the meeting with Jade and Stephen Burke, and the revelation of the family tie with Sage. These situations provide a huge amount of dialogue and scene variation. If Dr PinkCake also includes the Halloween party, I'm afraid there will be a significant delay between the interlude and episode 9.
Agreed.
And even if you slice off some time for Steam and Covid, this Interlude alone is taking 2-3 months to produce. there is no way an entire ep. 9 takes just 4 months. Even 5 months seems like a stretch. I keep thinking 6 months is bare minimum. I'd be willing to agree to a September release but that's as far back as I can realistically push it given DPC's tendencey to constantly go bigger :oops: and better than the previous.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Agreed.
And even if you slice off some time for Steam and Covid, this Interlude alone is taking 2-3 months to produce. there is no way an entire ep. 9 takes just 4 months. Even 5 months seems like a stretch. I keep thinking 6 months is bare minimum. I'd be willing to agree to a September release but that's as far back as I can realistically push it given DPC's tendencey to constantly go bigger :oops: and better than the previous.

I kinda took it as a given it would be October-ish.

The Halloween party might be doing a lot of the influencing here but between the generally inflated development time and this interlude I was expecting early October…. Maybe late September. The teaser on the end of this episode with the mansion all decorated leaves me to believe it’s going to be a focal point of the episode so as close to Halloween itself seems likely…. However much that’s annoying as it’s like 9 months away.

Reactions: Kellermann

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
The interlude has an objective beyond the narrative aspect and the save system test: this short story allows the creator of the game to breath between two episodes with heavy workloads and strong emotional content.

Zoey could have joined sooner or later, it's an independent element of the storytelling. I'm betting on the fact she won't connect to any intrigue; she will leave as quickly as she arrived. Not a chance to outshine the female characters already present, while some players already hate her. And it would be mean to propose a new love interest just after asking the players to choose one, so I exclude this hypothesis.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I kinda took it as a given it would be October-ish.

The Halloween party might be doing a lot of the influencing here but between the generally inflated development time and this interlude I was expecting early October…. Maybe late September. The teaser on the end of this episode with the mansion all decorated leaves me to believe it’s going to be a focal point of the episode so as close to Halloween itself seems likely…. However much that’s annoying as it’s like 9 months away.
One has to take into account that the DIK mansion is very big.

It will take a lot of production time just to resolve the Halloween party where, in the path where you picked Bella or ignored Jill, she arranges to burn the whole mansion down killing most of the characters and pin it on MC. That is a lot of animations, render time, and quality control.

In the path where you chose Jill, she becomes an extremely controlling, possessive, pain in the ass, forcing MC to cheat (including Bianca), turn to substance abuse and MC has to plot how to get rid of her and dispose of the body. That too is a lot of animations, render time and quality control.

:p

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Good luck lecturing a lower court judge about how you can ignore his/her ruling because it sets no precedent. And feel free to provide any evidence for your position; you've had a year, after all.
Been like that with most of his arguments, he usually doesn't win but he keeps spamming his views and knowledge of friends who have access to the truth of all wisdom in the universe until he throws a tantrum of narcissistic rage when he runs out of logical retorts and he recycles his arguments in any later discussion he can find.... It's the sound of a broken record and a bad one at that, wish i could say something different but there's no convincing him, it's just about attention...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, I agree with you about Madame; no saving her. And I'm not keen on the time spent on the D&G animations, even though the game itself was fun.

But I can't agree about the others. Lynette's diary is good character work for the MC and Neil, and feels like a natural way to work a future revelation into the narrative. The mini-games are a nice change of pace and can be turned off if you don't like them. Similarly, if you don't enjoy hunting for special renders, the only loss is missing some special renders; it's not like they're a significant drain on development resources.
in fact I put it lower on the list what is skippable:cool:

if in the development of the story the mystery about Lynette's family will be interesting this of course will re-evaluate the diary (the premise about a crossroads with other rich families is not that it is particularly greedy), which for now for me remains very boring.

what would we have learned about Lynette and therefore about MC? a stereotyped portrait of a spoiled young girl without any particularity. practically Neil had told us all the important things, despite her neurodegenerative disease in the first chapters.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the engagement will probably reduce the game time, with content that can only be reached in certain runs, but I don't think it will lengthen the realization time

at the end Mc will surely see all the LIs, only with that choice he will have a longer scene

the segment with Maya and Josy would have been longer anyway, because they still have to be told about Mc's decision in one sense or another.

Nicole, despite being put back into the game, I think she is anchored to her role as a secondary girl, we might not even see her at all in the ninth chapter as happened in the seventh for example.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Agreed.
Episode 9 doesn't have to be long. This is the introductory episode for season 3. He should introduce the player to new mechanics and the plot as it was with episode 5. Considering that Zoey's story was probably originally planned as part of episode 9, then developing the remaining parts in 4-5 months seems plausible and reasonable.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes