Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
You sir are missing the entire point of every one of my post my original post was why MC acted the way he acted to chapter 3 reveal. This is why he acted the way he acted not a Maya sucks everyone should hate her post that so many people love on this site. Even Maya admits during the we should make up / we should break up scene. She admits why she did it and she also proves to the audience that SHE cares for MC more than Jose does.

She's clearly the better of the two but the main reason he got so angry are three points i'll lay out now.

1. He betrayed Maya on a deep level without even knowing it. Josy being her girlfriend because he's a cheating dick. He had misgivings with being with Josy in the first place but he never realized he'd -know- the boyfriend/girlfriend let alone on such a personal level.

2. Maya lied to him. A HUGE issue after end of first chapter where she promised him to be more honest with him after forcing him to be 100% honest with her. Even after she already went through this once before at end of chapter 1

3. Maya and Josy were lieing to each other which is one of the main reasons I think that MC took it further by ignoring them a good portion of Chapter 4 when he saw them sitting together like nothing was wrong.

Yes, Maya admits she was wrong hunky dory and thats good for her. My post all of them were delving into the mind of MC not Maya not Josy even when i mentioned Josy lieing to Mia and getting back together with her that was also from the MC's point of view.

Did Maya eventually come to understand all this yes. Did she apologize to MC for it yes. "I built a wall to keep everyone out... Not realizing you were worth letting in." Did she prove to be emotionally supior to Josy, yes. She thought you were worth the risk though Josy was to scared no matter how much it hurt you. -This being if you are Dik affinity during the we should be together scene- If you go with Maya she admits you were only turned away because Josy didn't want it and what could she do she loved Josy too. If you go with Josy "She tells you the same thing about it being her fault and her being scared to end up alone."

Not to mention Josy will very nicely admit you were probably a mistake if you're anything but chick affanity.(Almost positive you get this if Neutral or Dik) "What we did would i do it again?" "I don't know."
Or "What we did would I do it again?" "I would."( if chik) Not exact words mind you but this is what i remember.
i only disagree somewhat on point 1! everything else i agree with you!

and the somewhat depends if you speak the truth to Maya or not about going to meet a girl you left without clearing things out!

also Ofc josy refuses a DIK player, you forget who her brother is? Tommy the original DIK, she probably heard him talk to Peter about heather and how he treats her and how their relationship works, so of course she is scared of a DIK MC!

but the MC can not be held accountable for the actions of others, if you choose to be with Josy it´s the MC`s choice Josy is the one in a relationship so its her responsibility if she engages with people outside the relationship! that she uses the MC is only a reciprocal situation an therefore where the person being "used" is acceptable since they both use each other, the reasons for it are to each their own!

as for your original question i already answered, they both used him not for his own benefit but as a tool and a safe fail plan and lead him on! they should have been honest and at least admited their relationship was on the rocks and they where caring for him and perhaps if things did not turn out alright they could have a relationship! thats what Josy did... Maya did not!

Maya´s incentives are twofolded 1st a back up plan for Josy fail relationship so she does not end up alone! 2nd a way to reconcile with her father by a finding jesus moment were she is no longer a lesbian because she found someone with a dick she does not hate...

strong incentives indeed but still she deny´s the MC`s humanity and right to choose of his own free will if he wishes to be the back up plan! because guess what, most players would jump at that... and probably that moment is present when the MC can choose if he wishes to help Maya with the scavenger hunt, except she never gave him the chance because she is unable to trust and projects that lack of trust on to the MC!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
It's clear however he feels he is not in a relation
Is it ? :unsure: :LOL: This topic pops up again and again... although it's a rather simple one folks cannot decide how to judge this situation... and this brings us to.....
The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal
..... right here where correction is the MC is you ( as the player ) so whatever happens in the VN you can and SHOULD reassess the whole thing yourself ! ;) Some would say overreaction others say otherwise... but what matters is how YOU personally feel about this ( and actually that's the warning at the first boot up ! :devilish: you better handle the shit that you face head on or you can get scarred for life... like many who take this thing waaay too far ! ;) )

Personally I think so too that the MC overreacted but not because the general idea what's floatin' on here... I'm 19 years old stud for fucks sake... do I need this bullshit in my life or I find my place somewhere else where there are more fitting circumstances... :unsure: For me that's not even a question... if a case would have happened similar to this I would have just walked away ( depending on actual status either I or they go ) and would not engage in a friendship either with them --- fuck needs this drama... whoever is up for this they can have one or both of them I don't care at this point :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
do I need this bullshit in my life or I find my place somewhere else where there are more fitting circumstances...
Yeah, with experience that is a logical stance, but the story tells us Josy pretty much was his first love, there's been Zoey before but that relation even now isn't totally clear to MC.... Josy however was his crush for the summer....
Still doesn't make much sense to get into the Maya situation aswell but okay.... Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
is there any news about new update ?
News about the game is published on the forum on Fridays. In the latest news, he said that a special issue dedicated to the ex-girlfriend of the main character is ready and he is just waiting for the animation rendering to finish. The interlude is scheduled for release in early March. The developer is currently working on the content of episode 9. Judging by his status in the discord, he is working on creating renders.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HikenNoAcee

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Just my two cents on this whole Maya/Josy/MC lying topic.

Personally I think people are giving too much weight to the girls feelings for the MC at the time. They were not in love with him… at all in my opinion. It was a crush. Josy makes multiple references to just how little they spoke. Before the start of the game all she had was MC staring. They had their date that ended in a kiss and their second data that ended in interrupted sex… Maya lived with the MC but was all over the map with her “feelings”. Either way it never progressed to much. We’re talking about a few weeks of knowing each other for both Josy and Maya. Even as of Ep8 nobody has said they love anyone outright.

I take the MC at face value when he says he was annoyed because of the lying. He didn’t feel betrayed, he didn’t think they cheated on him. He was pissed they lied by omission (Maya goes back and forth on having a partner and is oblique about their gender. Josy is the same and failed to mention her partner went to B&R).

The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal. I think people are putting too much stock in any sort of “betrayal” rather than it being the MC was pissed he got blindsided because those two lied by omission at best, outwardly lied at worst but it wasn’t infidelity levels of lying. It was… something the MC chooses to get over in Ep4 regardless of if he wants to be with them.
I agree with you that true love doesn't really happen in such a short time.

But I assume that there was a serious interest between Josy and the MC since EP1.

Let's take a look at Josy. An awakened girl who has no problem meeting other people. Mmmmhh. She works with her crush for 2 months and suddenly develops contact issues. I've seen this happen many times in real life. Usually when there was a serious interest in a person. The only problem with Josy is that she thinks she is too short and she doesn't like her breasts either. With all the other guys this doesn't bother him, but with the MC it's different and she loses her confidence in his presence. This can be read well in EP5 and also that she finds the MC totally hot. So the whole thing is mutual.

Maya even explains it herself. She has dated other guys, but she hasn't developed feelings for any of them like she has for the MC. Is it love? Not yet, but serious interest.

The MC is introduced to us as a decent and somewhat shy young man. He never had many friends, as we later learn. With Zoey, there was only one girl with whom he could gain experience. He overcomes his shyness and confesses to Josy that he has had a crush on her for 2 months. Unbelievable! Hand on heart. That was brave for a guy like the MC. Equipped with more confidence, he meets Maya. To be honest, I can even understand Maya telling him she has a boyfriend. Maya doesn't want to get hit on, but probably always gets hit on by Horny Dogs. Then what I said above happens to Maya. This also creates a serious interest between Maya and the MC because he is different.

I agree with you that the MC is annoyed by the lies, he doesn't know yet why they lied. He was honest from the beginning and expects the same from the others. The MC's trust is shaken.

Mieko_Donnie

Jun 26, 2021
cheating is not the issue in regards to the pain caused! its the lie that causes the pain!
so she is being honest, thanks, now piss off slut the wedding´s off! would be my reply!

The MC himself said if she just have said it earlier it wouldn't have been a huge pain for him. For Josy though, if she would've said she has a Girlfriend instead a Boyfriend and wouldn't invite him to have sex with him the pain the MC would've suffered would've been less than the game have shown you. He went through enough shit in his past and then he get lied on from two different girls who he feels attached to also both invited him to have sex (depends if you had enough points for maya then it was a forced sexual "assault" by Quinn. Still it was too much for the MC. Thats why I dropped their paths since it shoked me when I got the plot in end of EP3. The romance path for Sage was the best choice you could've make. Jill is a weird path and Bella is too scary. (my opinion=

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Jill is a weird path
Well, Jill is something different for sure, my guess is her music made her an outcast of sorts from very young age.... When you're playing piano each day when other kids are playing with their friends does something to your social skills growth....
She's naive, unexperienced but genuinely interested in MC, it has it's charms, maybe she's not as wild as some others but who cares, look at Sarah, her personality sucks and besides sex she offers (aslong you pay) there's little else...

Mieko_Donnie

Jun 26, 2021
Well, Jill is something different for sure, my guess is her music made her an outcast of sorts from very young age.... When you're playing piano each day when other kids are playing with their friends does something to your social skills growth....
She's naive, unexperienced but genuinely interested in MC, it has it's charms, maybe she's not as wild as some others but who cares, look at Sarah, her personality sucks and besides sex she offers (aslong you pay) there's little else...
Sarah aside, if you look at Sage path you see more love interest (even when they only have sex in the first episodes) if you play your cards right you see that this Part has more romance than the other paths. The MC gives Sage what Chad never gave her. Alot of cute romance scenes were better than only having sex with Sage. I enjoyed these small romance moments they had. In the End she agreed to date him, now lets see what the new Season will bring us.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Yeah, with experience that is a logical stance, but the story tells us Josy pretty much was his first love, there's been Zoey before but that relation even now isn't totally clear to MC.... Josy however was his crush for the summer....
Still doesn't make much sense to get into the Maya situation aswell but okay.... Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain.
Agree... but from my point of view this is because a very large portion of human beings are just weak... they think it's the END OF THE FUCKING WORLD !!! if you hit a road block or a relationship or a love interest does not work out they way they hoped... I know this can't be considered as standard but I can only respect those that " man up to the job " and take it as " the tough get's going the going get's tough " style so this whining and crying and sulking does not solve anything at all... yet many consider this as a " solution " although it's 100% wrong :KEK: " Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain. " sure that's right... toughest part is to overcome these... but if you can't or won't what does that say about you ?! :unsure:
He was honest from the beginning and expects the same from the others. The MC's trust is shaken.
That solely depends on who is playing the game... you can be a liar ( playa PLAYA !!! :ROFLMAO: ) or you can be one just as you pictured here... or someone in between :LOL: Back to the former segment if one is not mature enough to take the punches ( these aren't even jabs :LOL: ) of life he will ultimately end up miserable... :(

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Just my two cents on this whole Maya/Josy/MC lying topic.

Personally I think people are giving too much weight to the girls feelings for the MC at the time. They were not in love with him… at all in my opinion. It was a crush. Josy makes multiple references to just how little they spoke. Before the start of the game all she had was MC staring. They had their date that ended in a kiss and their second data that ended in interrupted sex… Maya lived with the MC but was all over the map with her “feelings”. Either way it never progressed to much. We’re talking about a few weeks of knowing each other for both Josy and Maya. Even as of Ep8 nobody has said they love anyone outright.

I take the MC at face value when he says he was annoyed because of the lying. He didn’t feel betrayed, he didn’t think they cheated on him. He was pissed they lied by omission (Maya goes back and forth on having a partner and is oblique about their gender. Josy is the same and failed to mention her partner went to B&R).

The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal. I think people are putting too much stock in any sort of “betrayal” rather than it being the MC was pissed he got blindsided because those two lied by omission at best, outwardly lied at worst but it wasn’t infidelity levels of lying. It was… something the MC chooses to get over in Ep4 regardless of if he wants to be with them.
Maya didn't lie by omission she lied by face value. "I don't have a boyfriend" "Don't ask any follow up questions."(MC was even denied the right to ask if it could have been a different kind of relationship..not that he did anyway as the next question was. "So, I shouldn't catch feelings for you?" Hers was an outright lie I'm tired of people using omission for Maya she knew what she did and she did it on purpose. If she wanted to lie by omission she would have kept the boyfriend lie up instead of kicking it to the curb. That's all I'm saying.

But you're right this topic has already been worked through it again only started with a new person playing the game and asking my personal thoughts on why the MC was upset in chapter 4. I stand behind the Maya cares more about MC then Josy but you're right she is not in love with him as you say because she does in fact choose Josy over him. But she like MC Dik or Chik wants both just like the MC did.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
That solely depends on who is playing the game... you can be a liar ( playa PLAYA !!! :ROFLMAO: ) or you can be one just as you pictured here... or someone in between :LOL: Back to the former segment if one is not mature enough to take the punches ( these aren't even jabs :LOL: ) of life he will ultimately end up miserable... :(
I think so that has nothing to do with maturity or experience. Every situation is different in its complexity. You can only prepare yourself to a certain extent for situations you have not yet experienced, but never 100%. That is why people overreact.

Reactions: varage and shazba

varage

Jun 26, 2019
The MC himself said if she just have said it earlier it wouldn't have been a huge pain for him. For Josy though, if she would've said she has a Girlfriend instead a Boyfriend and wouldn't invite him to have sex with him the pain the MC would've suffered would've been less than the game have shown you. He went through enough shit in his past and then he get lied on from two different girls who he feels attached to also both invited him to have sex (depends if you had enough points for maya then it was a forced sexual "assault" by Quinn. Still it was too much for the MC. Thats why I dropped their paths since it shoked me when I got the plot in end of EP3. The romance path for Sage was the best choice you could've make. Jill is a weird path and Bella is too scary. (my opinion=
I messed up sage by turning her down to much. I guess I'm supposed to kiss her to comfort her but I didn't wanna be the other guy for her in this play through and she ended up losing all interest or assuming I had none haha. I did it correctly my first time so im assuming i was supposed to kiss her then cut her off. Instead of constantly cutting her off.
Note: the first time i played this game i didn't feel comfortable with being the other guy thats why i did it correctly and had my first sex scene with her at the party after she broke up with Chad.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Is it ? :unsure: :LOL: This topic pops up again and again... although it's a rather simple one folks cannot decide how to judge this situation... and this brings us to.....

..... right here where correction is the MC is you ( as the player ) so whatever happens in the VN you can and SHOULD reassess the whole thing yourself ! ;) Some would say overreaction others say otherwise... but what matter is how YOU personally feel about this ( and actually that's the warning at the first boot up ! :devilish: you better handle the shit that you face head on or you can get scarred for life... like many who take this thing waaay too far ! ;) )

Personally I think so too that the MC overreacted but not because the general idea what's floatin' on here... I'm 19 years old stud for fucks sake... do I need this bullshit in my life or I find my place somewhere else where there are more fitting circumstances... :unsure: For me that's not even a question... if a case would have happened similar to this I would have just walked away ( depending on actual status either I or they go ) and would not engage in a friendship either with them --- fuck needs this drama... whoever is up for this they can have one or both of them I don't care at this point :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
I just had a niece (in high school) get shot down in flames after expressing her feelings to a guy she had a crush on. She confined herself to her room for two days and had a meltdown. She's OK now, since she's finally got her feelings in check. But at the time of the meltdown, her feelings were overriding any logic.

And while that's a bit of an extreme case (a two day meltdown for fuck's sake), in BaDIK, the mc had pretty much fucked both girls, and then he finds out they are already in another relationship with each other. So his logic took a back seat to his emotions.

Emotions are powerful things. People actually commit murder when emotions are riding high, so even if the mc was a fucking hypocrite (depending on your play through, my mc was pretty much fucking everything in sight), it doesn't mean he didn't have any emotional reason to go off the deep end for a bit.

I personally didn't like his reaction, simply because he was being a hypocrite (he'd been making out, getting hand jobs, boob jobs, blow jobs, foot jobs, having anal sex, normal sex, eating out, sexting, groping, fingering and holding the hands of up to 16 other girls at the time).

But I have to go on the record and say I was never in the position where I was fucking two girls and then found out they were already in a relationship with each other, so I can't say that I wouldn't have locked myself in my room and had a meltdown for two days. I'd like to think I wouldn't... maybe 1 day max... :p

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Well, she was bullied in school so that made her a clear outcast there. She also doesn't feel comfortable being from a rich well-known family (I think her sister had a lot to do with that) and her living with the Preps seems to be something she is more or less forced to (by her parents, I would guess). It's weird that there is only 1 sorority in the game but I guess it's out of story reasons.
Anyway, she's my favorite LI much because she is different than the others.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I'll move it along anyone else wanna know WTF is up with Quinn getting jealous of Sage? That had to of been like the weirdest fucking scene in the game to date.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I just had a niece (in high school) get shot down in flames after expressing her feelings to a guy she had a crush on. She confined herself to her room for two days and had a meltdown. She's OK now, since she's finally got her feelings in check. But at the time of the meltdown, her feelings were overriding any logic.

And while that's a bit of an extreme case (a two day meltdown for fuck's sake), in BaDIK, the mc had pretty much fucked both girls, and then he finds out they are already in another relationship with each other. So his logic took a back seat to his emotions.

Emotions are powerful things. People actually commit murder when emotions are riding high, so even if the mc was a fucking hypocrite (depending on your play through, my mc was pretty much fucking everything in sight), it doesn't mean he didn't have any emotional reason to go off the deep end for a bit.

I personally didn't like his reaction, simply because he was being a hypocrite (he'd been making out, getting hand jobs, boob jobs, blow jobs, foot jobs, having anal sex, normal sex, eating out, sexting, groping, fingering and holding the hands of up to 16 other girls at the time).

But I have to go on the record and say I was never in the position where I was fucking two girls and then found out they were already in a relationship with each other, so I can't say that I wouldn't have locked myself in my room and had a meltdown for two days. I'd like to think I wouldn't... maybe 1 day max... :p
I agree with what you're saying, especially about emotions.
And the game pretty much forces you into that scenario no matter what you actually have done. I tried one playthrough where I did as little as possible with Josy and Maya (my Jill playthrough), and the game still treated it like I had sex with them both. The developer proberbly didn't expect anybody to not pursue any of them so he never made a scenario for it. It's the same with if you date Jill but don't go on the picnic with her on your birthday. The game treats it like you have been sleeping around even if you haven't and Jill has been your only girl because the Dev didn't expect anybody who was on Jill's path to turn down a date with her and putting in a scenario for that would have been a lot of job since that date is super important for the story development. The problem is that some turn down the date because they had promised to take care of Sage when she was sick.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You can only prepare yourself to a certain extent for situations you have not yet experienced, but never 100%. That is why people overreact.
Smart people use the experience of others... do you think there still is a scenario which hasn't been dealt with in the homo sapiens sapiens era ? :LOL: If one is ignorant to learn from mistakes... welp that's on him and the full " experience " when he gets overwhelmed ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes