DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
But why? Why would the MC think the cards have changed just because his ex returns? That's what I don't quite get.

I realize the MC didn't expect Zoey to return now, but he does remember how he felt about her. The whole point of the crossroads was that someone was going to get hurt if the MC kept pursuing multiple girls. He (supposedly) searched his heart and decided which girl was right for him - if any.

Assuming he did pick a girl(s), doesn't that imply he's at least as serious about her as he was about Zoey? If so, then trying to pursue Zoey now will only end in someone getting hurt; that's not a new card, it's just another copy of an existing card. If not, shouldn't that have been the clue that none of these relationships were ready for prime time? He knows this isn't what true love feels like, so at that point he's just leading the girl on for sex - which should be what the Others path is for.

To me, this is the big sticking point. Zoey's return just isn't enough to justify rethinking what was portrayed as a major decision. I understand the MC is surprised and will likely have to deal with some old baggage, but that's a far cry from reshuffling the whole deck. If the MC isn't going to agonize over, say, breaking up with Sage to pursue Jill, he shouldn't agonize over formalizing his breakup with Zoey, either. To do so would only indicate the crossroad was as trivial as it was forced.
I agree with you, but we're talking about the MC who got outraged about Josy and Maya's relationship, while he himself could be getting into other girls' pants left and right.

He is more mature now but it may not be enough, I've seen it happen irl, couples who have been together for years, then a sudden ex reappears and fucks everything up. Zoey's still fresh on MC's mind so he'll be even more vulnerable to those type of internal conflicts... I just hope DPC gives us players the final say in the matter and doesn't force us into temporary break-ups right after we've chosen a LI.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
But why? Why would the MC think the cards have changed just because his ex returns? That's what I don't quite get.

I realize the MC didn't expect Zoey to return now, but he does remember how he felt about her. The whole point of the crossroads was that someone was going to get hurt if the MC kept pursuing multiple girls. He (supposedly) searched his heart and decided which girl was right for him - if any.

Assuming he did pick a girl(s), doesn't that imply he's at least as serious about her as he was about Zoey? If so, then trying to pursue Zoey now will only end in someone getting hurt; that's not a new card, it's just another copy of an existing card. If not, shouldn't that have been the clue that none of these relationships were ready for prime time? He knows this isn't what true love feels like, so at that point he's just leading the girl on for sex - which should be what the Others path is for.

To me, this is the big sticking point. Zoey's return just isn't enough to justify rethinking what was portrayed as a major decision. I understand the MC is surprised and will likely have to deal with some old baggage, but that's a far cry from reshuffling the whole deck. If the MC isn't going to agonize over, say, breaking up with Sage to pursue Jill, he shouldn't agonize over formalizing his breakup with Zoey, either. To do so would only indicate the crossroad was as trivial as it was forced.
Yeah, iam with you... and i think the return of Zoey should have happended long time ago, or not at all... best timing for a Zoey comeback to even consider her a possible Loveinterest would be between Chapter 5 and 6 maybe. At this time the MC was still "figurering" everything out... At chapter 7 the way ahead was already clear. Either you decide to be with one girl in the furutre or not. In Chapter 8 the final decision has to be made and the timing was overall right for that, but a little rushed overall in the "storytelling" part for the romance. And now Zoey is back... yeah, well... go back to St Diego girl? Dont care... its too late for that...

Iam with most people around here, and dont think the decision in after chapter 8 was "final" for the whole game... of course the relationship can break, and other things can happen... but to throw Zoey back in the game at this point and the MC will say "oh zoey is back, fuck you Jill, Josy, Maya, Sage, Bella" ??? well... nope... not gonna work. We are in a state where the MC has DEEP feelings for the chosen Loveinterest... well even deeper than for Zoey. Only Zoey Lovepath i see will be if youre playing the "others" route. I play every route of course, want to see everything... but i have my favorites (Jill, Josy) and there is just no way even thinking to betray one of them just for Zoeys Comeback... nuh nuh... I only would do that to get the 100% scenes/pics if this would be the case :D

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

It seems to me that what is not credible is episode 8 and not the interlude and its consequent dilemma.
The cross road was so poorly executed that it is not believable at all, that choice is weak and almost meaningless.
The doubt created from what was told in the interlude is much better handled than "the decision" was. Besides this doubt doesn't involve the MC yet, we could believe from what we saw that the MC has unfinished business, but maybe it's not, it's just an excuse for Zoet to chase the MC, like Ems to Bret.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
The problem I see with this interlude is that it's so disconnected from the main story. I have no investment in any of the characters.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020

The idea is that he never got closure. She left, then ghosted him and moved on. You never know how much you need closure until it's made available to you. If anything, that's why the cards have changed.

Davion98@!

Jun 17, 2020
When talking to Maya and Josy I only got 2 options of friendzoning them and trying something else but with the last one they reject MC, I've read that it is possible more outcomes and even the 3 way relation, is it possible or not? And if it is, how to get is I did not reject neither and try to get most of the point with each.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
When talking to Maya and Josy I only got 2 options of friendzoning them and trying something else but with the last one they reject MC, I've read that it is possible more outcomes and even the 3 way relation, is it possible or not? And if it is, how to get is I did not reject neither and try to get most of the point with each.
you have to be CHICK or NEUTRAL, with that you are not rejected if you choose the option to go for something else.
You also have to complete the lewd scene of Josy and Maya.

Davion98@!

Jun 17, 2020
you have to be CHICK or NEUTRAL, with that you are not rejected if you choose the option to go for something else.
You also have to complete the lewd scene of Josy and Maya.
So only if CHICH or NEUTRAL? Damm, that sucks, does it affect the rest of story? Like not more scenes with them?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
So only if CHICH or NEUTRAL? Damm, that sucks, does it affect the rest of story? Like not more scenes with them?
They remain part of the core of the story. But if you're looking for lewd scenes, no, if they reject you or remain friends, there aren't any.

Edit, once the election is over you can become DIK again, so far you will only lose one option within a scene.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
I agree with you, but we're talking about the MC who got outraged about Josy and Maya's relationship, while he himself could be getting into other girls' pants left and right.

He is more mature now but it may not be enough, I've seen it happen irl, couples who have been together for years, then a sudden ex reappears and fucks everything up. Zoey's still fresh on MC's mind so he'll be even more vulnerable to those type of internal conflicts... I just hope DPC gives us players the final say in the matter and doesn't force us into temporary break-ups right after we've chosen a LI.
To be honest, i have the vain hope we'll be able to avoid all that shit altogether. Afterall Maya and Josy were made as optional as Quinn in S2 despite playing pretty pretty major roles in S1, so DPC might just stick to what he's learned from all that controversy and not assume everyone will be okay with the MC turning into a massive sucker for a couple episodes because the interlude exists.

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
This is a pirate site. Why would you mention this place anywhere else? :WaitWhat:
You do know that the whole site is actually searchable via google, right?
So if site admins want to keep it "secret" they'd need to get robots from Google (that's how I initially found the site^^) and other search engines out. The site is also linked and mentioned in many other forums and even on certain steam games

• Angry
Reactions: Asmodeus34

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Yeah, iam with you... and i think the return of Zoey should have happended long time ago, or not at all... best timing for a Zoey comeback to even consider her a possible Loveinterest would be between Chapter 5 and 6 maybe. At this time the MC was still "figurering" everything out... At chapter 7 the way ahead was already clear. Either you decide to be with one girl in the furutre or not. In Chapter 8 the final decision has to be made and the timing was overall right for that, but a little rushed overall in the "storytelling" part for the romance. And now Zoey is back... yeah, well... go back to St Diego girl? Dont care... its too late for that...

Iam with most people around here, and dont think the decision in after chapter 8 was "final" for the whole game... of course the relationship can break, and other things can happen... but to throw Zoey back in the game at this point and the MC will say "oh zoey is back, fuck you Jill, Josy, Maya, Sage, Bella" ??? well... nope... not gonna work. We are in a state where the MC has DEEP feelings for the chosen Loveinterest... well even deeper than for Zoey. Only Zoey Lovepath i see will be if youre playing the "others" route. I play every route of course, want to see everything... but i have my favorites (Jill, Josy) and there is just no way even thinking to betray one of them just for Zoeys Comeback... nuh nuh... I only would do that to get the 100% scenes/pics if this would be the case :D
It seems to me that what is not credible is episode 8 and not the interlude and its consequent dilemma.
The cross road was so poorly executed that it is not believable at all, that choice is weak and almost meaningless.
The doubt created from what was told in the interlude is much better handled than "the decision" was. Besides this doubt doesn't involve the MC yet, we could believe from what we saw that the MC has unfinished business, but maybe it's not, it's just an excuse for Zoet to chase the MC, like Ems to Bret.
The idea is that he never got closure. She left, then ghosted him and moved on. You never know how much you need closure until it's made available to you. If anything, that's why the cards have changed.
Remember Zoey hadn't intended to end her relationship with the mc for good. She wanted him to go with her. And then when he chose to finish high school, she was still hoping he'd join her later.

Things got muddied when Zoey got lousy advice from her new friends and when the mc got the impression she'd found a new boyfriend.

But initially, and finally, Zoey actually wanted to be with Fuckface.

So that's why she returned in the end, when she realised her dream was nonsense and she was already happy before.

To ask, "Why now?", well shit happens when it happens. Often it happens when it's not very convenient (of course it would have been more convenient if she'd been around all along for the mc to line her up all the girls he liked and make his choice, but this isn't "The Bachelor"...).

When the mc made his choice, it only included the girls he had in front of him. It wasn't a surprise that he finally decided to stop stringing the girls along, he'd been feeling guilty about doing it for a while, so because he did like them, he decided to let them go. He may be a DIK, but overall he's a good guy.

But now Zoey arrives when the mc has moved on, except the only reason he moved on was because he thought she moved on. If that misunderstanding hadn't happened, the mc may have ended up travelling to San Diego and this would have been a completely different story.

But that didn't happen, and now it's going to get complicated.

And one of the main reasons for the complication is that Zoey has come back because she wants to be with the mc.

That's a big difference when compared with the rest of the LIs.
  • Jill kinda fell into a relationship with the mc. She's nice to him and all that, but until the end of episode 8, it's not like she's heavily pursuing him,
  • Bella spent half her time with the mc trying to fend him off and then giving into her own need for sexual attention. If the mc dumps her, she's sad but she'll get over it,
  • Josy really likes the mc but she's pretty much just going with the flow (although of all the main LIs, she seems to be in love with him the most),
  • Maya is mostly wrapped up in her own feelings, amazed that she's actually not a lesbian and also just seeing where things will take them; and
  • Sage has actually been very forward towards the mc, but she's hardly phased at all when he denies her advances or ends things with her.
But Zoey is coming back for the mc, he's what she wants in her future. She's not going to give up without a fight.

Of course the mc could just tell her to fuck off, and I'm sure some players would like just that, but I doubt very much that's what's in store for the game. I'd be surprised if she's just going to be a cameo in the next episode.

The fact that she finished high school via correspondence means she's set up to somehow become part of B&R.

So my guess is she's here to stay. She is going to rock the boat a bit, but in the end I wouldn't be worried about not being able stay with the LI of your choosing, it's just more drama. That's pretty much what this game is all about anyway.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Exactly, but I also opted to pledge and support, but got blocked. Plus sent an apology to them for that.
Belive. He will refuse support in no time and without give a shit if the person even mentioned this site. I luxury he can take for already swimming his ass on money.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Remember Zoey hadn't intended to end her relationship with the mc for good. She wanted him to go with her. And then when he chose to finish high school, she was still hoping he'd join her later.

Things got muddied when Zoey got lousy advice from her new friends and when the mc got the impression she'd found a new boyfriend.

But initially, and finally, Zoey actually wanted to be with Fuckface.

So that's why she returned in the end, when she realised her dream was nonsense and she was already happy before.

To ask, "Why now?", well shit happens when it happens. Often it happens when it's not very convenient (of course it would have been more convenient if she'd been around all along for the mc to line her up all the girls he liked and make his choice, but this isn't "The Bachelor"...).

When the mc made his choice, it only included the girls he had in front of him. It wasn't a surprise that he finally decided to stop stringing the girls along, he'd been feeling guilty about doing it for a while, so because he did like them, he decided to let them go. He may be a DIK, but overall he's a good guy.

But now Zoey arrives when the mc has moved on, except the only reason he moved on was because he thought she moved on. If that misunderstanding hadn't happened, the mc may have ended up travelling to San Diego and this would have been a completely different story.

But that didn't happen, and now it's going to get complicated.

And one of the main reasons for the complication is that Zoey has come back because she wants to be with the mc.

That's a big difference when compared with the rest of the LIs.
  • Jill kinda fell into a relationship with the mc. She's nice to him and all that, but until the end of episode 8, it's not like she's heavily pursuing him,
  • Bella spent half her time with the mc trying to fend him off and then giving into her own need for sexual attention. If the mc dumps her, she's sad but she'll get over it,
  • Josy really likes the mc but she's pretty much just going with the flow (although of all the main LIs, she seems to be in love with him the most),
  • Maya is mostly wrapped up in her own feelings, amazed that she's actually not a lesbian and also just seeing where things will take them; and
  • Sage has actually been very forward towards the mc, but she's hardly phased at all when he denies her advances or ends things with her.
But Zoey is coming back for the mc, he's what she wants in her future. She's not going to give up without a fight.

Of course the mc could just tell her to fuck off, and I'm sure some players would like just that, but I doubt very much that's what's in store for the game. I'd be surprised if she's just going to be a cameo in the next episode.

The fact that she finished high school via correspondence means she's set up to somehow become art of B&R.

So my guess is she's here to stay. She is going to rock the boat a bit, but in the end I wouldn't be worried about not being able stay with the LI of your choosing, it's just more drama. That's pretty much what this game is all about anyway.
I agree on almost everything, except for the description of each LI, each one of them has pursued the MC in their own way and with their own personality on top of it, with their emotional backpacks and their wounds.
While Zoey wanted the MC to follow her on her adventure, she herself didn't know why, just as the MC didn't know how to tell Bella if Zoey was her best friend or her love, Zoey couldn't even say the MC was her boyfriend...he was her best friend who happened to fuck her.
And yet I agree that shit happens when shit happens, and after being in the wrong position, she took off "home blindness" and is now a force to be reckoned with.

Garen

May 6, 2017
Dude, that's the Imperial Japanese flag, fuck off with that shit.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you?
Unlike the Nazis who had a flag made to represent their ideology, the Rising Sun flag has been part of Japan long before they invaded the rest of Asia.

At that point, you might as well ask the UK and other Europeans to remove their flags given their history with colonisation.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
This thread really is too big to find anything in it, haha.

At the end of episode 8 there's that cutscene showing the DIK house at halloween, then they show something sitting on the porch with a "Dun dun dunnnn!!!!!" type sound.

What on earth was that thing? I couldn't tell.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes