AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I miss the days when ChipLecsap wasn't such a snowflake that gets offended by absolutely everything. Even if someone says Jill isn't perfect, he's going to get offended and write essays about how he wishes he can be as perfect as her. :Kappa:
:(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My take on the Quinn dumping MC scene is that it's a mechanical game course correction more than a dramatic moment. An MC pursuing Quinn is looking for different things than an MC pursuing Jill; similarly the two girls want different things in an MC. It stretches credulity that an MC going to dinner parties and ice cream picnics with Jill could also continue to hang out with Quinn and get drawn further into her world. They're on two different tracks, which are probably about to diverge even more in upcoming episodes, so DPC needed a clean way to separate them out.

Where I agree with the above is that it's not handled particularly well dramatically. It's too sudden and, as you say, comes across as if neither MC nor Quinn care. If I was being charitable to DPC, I might argue it's because Quinn is shielding her feelings in that moment and so it only appears she doesn't care. But I can't quite give him that because the dumping scene appears to signal a permanent end to Quinn's route, with no way back. For an MC that clearly got under Quinn's skin if he did the hangout with her in episode 7, I just don't buy that she would cut him loose simply because she overhears him being invited to dinner by another girl. In a fantasy world where I was his editor, I would've advised DPC to either make the episode 7 hangout a flag that allowed the Quinn path to remain active for people also on Jill's path, or bring forward the Jill/Quinn route conflict an episode earlier, so that getting the episode 7 hangout with Quinn was dependent on dropping Jill. Either of those options would have allowed the player to choose between Jill and Quinn, rather than simply being ejected from Quinn's path.

There's an even simpler solution though, godking: commit to Quinn's path and to hell with Jill. You know you want to! Do that and you'll start to feel more optimistic about the Others path, I'm sure.
but what was the point of doing all this in the chapter where MC had to choose between Jill and Quinn (and possibly other LIs)?

it seems to me like a trap (the umpteenth) for the dikish players, that at that point they lose Quinn and after eventually they will lose Jill too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap
Jan 16, 2020
She does kind of look like she is screwing up her courage to deliver some bad news.
Yeah, she does look like she's concerned about something and she's in the DIK mansion so dunno what to think about that :unsure:. Given how this is one of the early renders, it must have been after shit hit the fan. If you're on the Bella/Jill route, you're gonna get absolutely fucked :(

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I can't see Derek cheating at all, I bet he doesn't have to. Maya is known for graduating high school magna cum laude. Since Maya and Derek are twins, it's safe to assume that Derek isn't far behind in intelligence, or even has an advantage given that he doesn't have to study as much as Maya. He just prepares and sells the cheats, but doesn't have to use them.
That's a theory that flies in the face of everything we've seen in the game. Derek DOES cheat (the MC and Derek even talk about this in the first episode). He may be intelligent, but he is not studious, so leverages any intelligence he has into effectively concealing his cheating.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
but what was the point of doing all this in the chapter where MC had to choose between Jill and Quinn (and possibly other LIs)?

it seems to me like a trap (the umpteenth) for the dikish players, that at that point they lose Quinn and after eventually they will lose Jill too.
or its just a "system check" Quinn heavily favors Dik affinity, and Jill not. and the game automatically choose Jill as a neutral:unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: Tyzorak
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes