Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hi... say, you know in which episode we can help Bella paint her fence, it seems to me that I missed this task there.. :(
I forget exactly which episode, but I think that's the day following you spending the night (with Jill on the couch). When you go outside to the pool there's some painting supplies near the fence you can click on and then make the choice.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Let me rephrase: MC, Josy and DrPinkCake are telling us that Stephen Burke - the dude who holds the money - won't help Maya. It's crystal clear to me.

Well, I guess some people just won't listen to what the story is telling them because they don't like what they're hearing.

Man, there's a strong bond between Lynette (MC's mom) and the Royces: this is what Jill and DrPinkCake are referring to as her "destiny".

Anyway, Jill is not my favourite LI. Maya is my favourite one.

Same as above: I guess some people just won't listen to what the story is telling them because they don't like what they're hearing.
I don't get it.

What you're saying is not crystal clear at all.

Josy has a bad feeling because it just seems unlikely that Sage's rich parents (whoever they are, since Josy doesn't even know who they are), would just wave their magic wand and all her problems are solved. "Too good to be true."

The mc has a strange feeling when he walks into the joint and then it dawns on him; Sage is a Burke.

That's what happens.

You can interpret that as: Maya isn't gonna get help here, because Josy has a bad feeling and the mc is shocked when he realises who Sage's parents are. But that's got nothing to do with the mc speaking to us directly and referencing future events. He described his feelings at the time, and made the revelation to us as it unfolded.

My point, earlier on, was that the library scene was the only scene where the mc spoke with future knowledge:

mc: "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears..."​
mc: "...and to her persona..."​
mc: "I wouldn't have kissed her that night."​

Meaning, the future mc is aware of Bella's problems, and he would have stopped the mc in that scene from kissing Bella.

Can you explicitly quote where the mc and/or Josy bring known material from beyond that scene into the context of that scene?

Because I can't see it.

Regarding Jill and her destiny. This quote from her:

Jill: "I believe it was destiny that made me lose my sister."​

In that one sentence, to me, she cheapens her sister's life and death by making it all about herself.

To me, people who believe in that shit, are deeply flawed. If you believe in destiny, then you believe that whatever happened was destined to happen. When some sick fuck rapes and kill a kid, it was destined to happen. Who ordained that shit to happen?

Shit just happens. Some peoples lives have very little meaning and they are gone. Others rise to greatness. Some through luck, others through hard work.

There's no fucking destiny.

Remember, Jill is naïve as fuck. She has some retarded notions. This is just another one of those.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Regarding Jill and her destiny. This quote from her:

Jill: "I believe it was destiny that made me lose my sister."​

In that one sentence, to me, she cheapens her sister's life and death by making it all about herself.

To me, people who believe in that shit, are deeply flawed. If you believe in destiny, then you believe that whatever happened was destined to happen. When some sick fuck rapes and kill a kid, it was destined to happen. Who ordained that shit to happen?

Shit just happens. Some peoples lives have very little meaning and they are gone. Others rise to greatness. Some through luck, others through hard work.

There's no fucking destiny.

Remember, Jill is naïve as fuck. She has some retarded notions. This is just another one of those.
I don't think so.

You told yourself: you don't get it.

After she tells these words, you see a picture of Jill in front of her house and the picture in Lynette's diary. Man, honestly, are you for real? seriously?!?

BaDIK is quite a transparent simple story, after all. Good grief.

Regarding last scene in episode 8 - the point is that you know what's going to happen: MC is telling you that Burke will not help Maya.

Why can't you understand that MC would NOT have reported Josy's speech in his tale if Burke had helped Maya?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Let me rephrase: MC, Josy and DrPinkCake are telling us that Stephen Burke - the dude who holds the money - won't help Maya. It's crystal clear to me.

Well, I guess some people just won't listen to what the story is telling them because they don't like what they're hearing.
Can Maya only be helped if Stephen Burke opens his wallet? What if Stephen helps Maya by giving her a job in the college cafeteria and deferring tuition until the problem with her father Patrick is resolved?

I can't listen to the story because BaDIK doesn't have voice output. But what I read is open to interpretation, and that's exactly why most people are here, because there are different interpretations that we discuss and debate here in this thread.

What you call crystal clear is as murky as goulash. Josy just wonders how Sage's father is going to help Maya and brings examples of it, and for her not to believe it, Stephen should pay for it. In my theory above, Stephen doesn't pay a dime.

Man, there's a strong bond between Lynette (MC's mom) and the Royces: this is what Jill and DrPinkCake are referring to as her "destiny".

Anyway, Jill is not my favourite LI. Maya is my favourite one.

Same as above: I guess some people just won't listen to what the story is telling them because they don't like what they're hearing.
Again, you are assuming a fact that is not true. Yes, it is theoretically possible that there is a connection between Lynette and the Royce, but there are just as many theoretical possibilities against it. So it is not a matter of fact.

Example: you must mean the picture of Viv, Miranda and Lynette in front of the Royce mansion. It is just a picture of three girlfriends. So that the three were girlfriends is a fact, because there are several proofs for it. But what if now Viv or Miranda have a connection to the Royces and not Lynette. Maybe Lynette was just there with her friends taking one last picture because they were having a nice day. Apparently Viv and Miranda's daughters are sitting in the audience at Jill's concert.

As you can see, this is a matter of interpretation.

Reactions: BigBlueDude

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Regarding last scene in episode 8 - the point is that you know what's going to happen: MC is telling you that Burke will not help Maya.

Why can't you understand that MC would NOT have reported Josy's speech in his tale if Burke had helped Maya?
You don't understand.

Josy, Maya, Sage and the MC don't know what is going to happen, because if they did, Josy and the MC wouldn't be wondering what is going to happen, how Stephen is going to help Maya. They ask themselves about it, ergo they don't know and neither do we.

You are assuming so the future MC thinks that. But that is wrong, because that is what the Present MC thinks and he includes the experiences he has had in the past EPs.

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Can Maya only be helped if Stephen Burke opens his wallet? What if Stephen helps Maya by giving her a job in the college cafeteria and deferring tuition until the problem with her father Patrick is resolved?

I can't listen to the story because BaDIK doesn't have voice output. But what I read is open to interpretation, and that's exactly why most people are here, because there are different interpretations that we discuss and debate here in this thread.

What you call crystal clear is as murky as goulash. Josy just wonders how Sage's father is going to help Maya and brings examples of it, and for her not to believe it, Stephen should pay for it. In my theory above, Stephen doesn't pay a dime.
Stephen doesn't necessarily have to give money to Maya to help her. She can explain her situation and Stephen can just say "but that's not how bank loans work" and help her understand her situation better. In a real world situation Patrick would never get his hands on the money, because the loaner and cosignee never see it as it is directly wired to the university.

Stephen can help Maya take Patrick to court, as what Patrick is doing technically a bank/loan fraud and 9 times out of 10, he's going to end up in jail if Maya decides to sue him. Or we can actually finally see some backbone development on Maya and her deciding to take a job Stephen and Jade offer her would be nice character development.

You don't understand.

Josy, Maya, Sage and the MC don't know what is going to happen, because if they did, Josy and the MC wouldn't be wondering what is going to happen, how Stephen is going to help Maya. They ask themselves about it, ergo they don't know and neither do we.

You are assuming so the future MC thinks that. But that is wrong, because that is what the Present MC thinks and he includes the experiences he has had in the past EPs.
There's only one quote from future MC in the game - the Bella library scene monologue. But it's mentioned once and never referenced to again, so I suspect that DPC came up with something, decided it was too dark to actually do and pretends it never happened and never mentions it again. So I wouldn't be surprised if he backtracks at one point and removes it from the game as he fixed MC's age in the Zoey flashback.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x and shazba

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
Shazba: I love you.

Bella: "(What if James comes home?)"
Bella: "(Would he blame me if I did this?)"
Bella: "(After all this time?)"
Bella: "(I have forgiven him...)"

Translation

MC: "(What if Zoey comes home?)"
MC: "(Would she blame me for doing this?)"
MC: "(After all this time?)"
MC: "(I have forgiven her...)"

Library Scene.
If the MC takes Isabella as LI, he should not have any other LI or girl beside her. Why. James will return and Isabella will then choose the MC and James will leave forever. But if the MC is not in control of his hormones now and chooses another girl later, Isabella might go crazy and do something stupid because she just gave up James for the MC and still lose the MC. She would be alone. The ice queen is born and could take her revenge.
Pardon my French, but fuck Zoey. She is the very last girl in this game that I'd try her path. And if it's forced? Like getting mad at M&J when you find out about them? Then I call, shenanigans.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Let me tell you this:

BaDIK & DrPinkCake's motto should be "actions have consequences, good and bad. Therefore, be prepared".

Just an example. Oddly, it is NOT described in the game's Official Walkthrough guide:

Episode 4, if you choose to sleep at Derek's dorm:

you meet the huge student by the notice board in the corridor (after the wedgie incident with Magnar). This is what happens much later on if you tell him to join chess club:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is just a reminder and a warning: some decisions you make will have dire consequences. You will meet some bad endings for sure and I have the feeling that not every girl's path will have a nice end. Do you remember what MC tells about Bella? if I had known some things about her I wouldn't have kissed her that night.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't think so.

You told yourself: you don't get it.

After she tells these words, you see a picture of Jill in front of her house and the picture in Lynette's diary. Man, honestly, are you for real? seriously?!?

BaDIK is quite a transparent simple story, after all. Good grief.

Dude, I totally understand this Burke meeting looks like it's set up to fail. Bad omens all over. Plus we hate Burke.

I also get it that we see a picture of the house from Lynette's past and it is immediately superimposed over the photo of Jill in front of hers, and it's the same house. It's as subtle as a sledge hammer.

I get that a lot of what is portrayed throughout the story is significant for setting up subsequent and future events (kind of like every story ever written).

But that's besides the points.

My original point was that the library scene was the only scene where the mc directly speaks to us putting future knowledge into the storytelling. He directly references that he learns something later (much later) and how that knowledge would have influenced that scene if he knew it earlier.

You keep debating that this happens elsewhere, but you don't get the distinction.

Everyone else here fucking gets it, but you don't.

I'm starting to think you and Jill have some similarities... :rolleyes:

But it's mentioned once and never referenced to again, so I suspect that DPC came up with something, decided it was too dark to actually do and pretends it never happened and never mentions it again.
I dunno, I still feel there is something looming. We still know fuck all about Bella's past. The episode 8 prologue gave us nothing.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I dunno, I still feel there is something looming. We still know fuck all about Bella's past. The episode 8 prologue gave us nothing.
I still believe the miscarriage/dead child theory. It fits with the locked room and the weird small mirror in her bathroom. I don't think James is dead, to be honest. There's no way DPC is going to miss bringing in that kind of drama in the game. That being said, I do think that James moved on. MC mentions numerous times in the game of "letting go of the past" and "moving on". So a part of her path is going to be a part of moving on, but not before getting a closure on James. We helped Sage get closure on Chad, so I think that Bella will have to face it in one point or another.

Last edited:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
guys ı didnt play season 3 should ı play or wait next update but ı want play so bad
If I tell you not to breathe anymore you stop breathing ??? :oops::rolleyes: You know you desperately need air to stay alive... but following your logic this is none of your concern right ? :KEK:

Download the game and play it if you want it that bad... :WeSmart:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
guys ı didnt play season 3 should ı play or wait next update but ı want play so bad
for now there is only the interlude of season 3, we are talking about an hour or so of play time.

sooner or later you will have to play it, get it out of your mind now, then when the new chapter comes out you will decide if you want to replay it for the different routes or if you want to skip it completely

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes