ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
New goal: reach 10,000 pages in this thread before Episode 9 release
Please! The question is if we'll hit 11,000 pages before Episode 9. :cry:

So, like, at what point do you guys and gals think this game is gonna run outta steam?

Irrespective of all the wonderful music, great renders, superb characters, classic comedy, enjoyable dialogue etc. etc., it's really about chasing tail isn't it?

As of episode 8's ending, the chase has ended (unless you're an "others" man - let me hear a "hell yeah!"). So what now? Now we cultivate our relationship, like the delicate flowers growing in Jamie's manly garden? Yeah right...

So whatdya'll think? What are you hoping for from the remainder of the story? If we're only half way through, what's gonna keep your attention? I guess there's a few more bases to get outta Jill, and we've still got some taming to be done with Quinn, and all the LIs haven't given up their backdoors just yet.

But other than that, what's a guy got to look forwards to? :unsure:

Talk to me brothers and sisters!
I want us to have the time to enjoy whatever the MC chose before DPC starts lobbing hand grenades.

Maya and Josy have been stuck on hold for a solid season, and the MC still hadn't quite committed to them when Maya's latest tuition crisis kicked off (again). We supposedly have a big conversation with Bella to clear the air, yet we have absolutely no idea if her husband could show up at any moment. Sage finally agrees to date the MC and suddenly we're panicking over Jade being her mother for reasons that may or may not exist. Jill... well, in theory everything is fine with Jill, but it's unclear how much of the brain damage she suffered from in the blackmail subplot will bleed into the rest of her branch. And of course there's Zoey, lurking in the water like a comely, blue-haired shark.

It just feels like too much at the start of a new season. We finally picked a girl after 8 episodes (or declined to pick for those 'Others' fans). We deserve a chance to sample the fruits of our labors before DPC renders them down into his trademark extra sticky jam. As long as we get that respite, I think I'll be okay with whatever drama besets us in the latter half of the season. But if we skip straight to the drama then I'm really not sure I'll make it to Season 4. You can only chase the carrot for so long before you either get a bite or just give up.

It seems to me that this season 3 will be the path of temptation, for those who have chosen a LI, there will be the additions and Zoey on the prowl, a season to solidify relationships in search of the fourth season that would be the resolutions.
Even in the way of "others", we'll have Quinn, who from what we've seen in previous episodes, has some kind of jealousy when it comes to LIs (not so with the side girls).... So I see us continuing to chase girls, either the chosen ones, the new temptations, or Quinn.
Each of the LI's have their own issues on this road, trying not to break up M&J, dealing with Jill's new experience (first serious relationship, will she be the intoxicating type? will she try to share as much time with the MC? will the blessed jealousy points count for anything? ), How to handle things with Bella, both in class and in an environment where they should still be a secret, and Sage, well, with Sage I imagine it will be a mix of establishing the fact that she didn't want something serious, but there it is, with the complications of who her family is....
Honestly, that's one of my big fears. Temptation sounds great on paper, but it's not going to work well. We just picked our favorite girl; the idea we're going to cheat on her right out of the gate is misguided. We picked our favorite for a reason, and while Zoey is nice she's only going to be a viable threat for a minority of players (especially since she's had much less screen time). The only way we're going to give in to temptation is if we spend enough time with our girl to grow complacent... which then risks boring the audience who now have to skip 'better' content for the sake of the endgame.

That's not to say that effective temptation is impossible, but I don't think it can be *THE* theme of the season. It needs to be kept small scale, a side-dish that looks to spice up the main branches without completely supplanting them. Sure, if we keep pigging out on the sides we'll ruin our appetite, but in moderate doses everything should be fine, right?

Alas, that sort of subtlety isn't exactly DPC's calling card, so I haven't been feeling too enthusiastic since we learned about Zoey's much heralded return. :(

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Honestly, that's one of my big fears. Temptation sounds great on paper, but it's not going to work well. We just picked our favorite girl; the idea we're going to cheat on her right out of the gate is misguided. We picked our favorite for a reason, and while Zoey is nice she's only going to be a viable threat for a minority of players (especially since she's had much less screen time). The only way we're going to give in to temptation is if we spend enough time with our girl to grow complacent... which then risks boring the audience who now have to skip 'better' content for the sake of the endgame.

That's not to say that effective temptation is impossible, but I don't think it can be *THE* theme of the season. It needs to be kept small scale, a side-dish that looks to spice up the main branches without completely supplanting them. Sure, if we keep pigging out on the sides we'll ruin our appetite, but in moderate doses everything should be fine, right?

Alas, that sort of subtlety isn't exactly DPC's calling card, so I haven't been feeling too enthusiastic since we learned about Zoey's much heralded return. :(
I understand that you don't like Zoey or the interlude, but if you leave a little aside both things even so, the episode is called "Vixens", that is, if there was no Zoey as a temptation, there they are, it's not for the "others" route, there you have Nora, who I don't think is exclusive of the "others" route either...
And as for the "choice", I still think that the choice was unnatural and forced, it has no strength, it languishes under its own weight...

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes