skadoodle21

Dec 27, 2016
Any way i can keep up when the update is coming? I assume this gets asked alot so i apologize, tried his patreon but there's no info there about it, is it a few months away still?

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Any way i can keep up when the update is coming? I assume this gets asked alot so i apologize, tried his patreon but there's no info there about it, is it a few months away still?
nothing concrete but signs show towards a late october, early november release

Reactions: sava75

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Neutral people stay out of everything and do not take a stand. This will inevitably lead to problems in real life because this neutral person is not taken seriously by anyone and is therefore meaningless.

It will also likely lead to a DIK or a CHICK continuing to vote neutral to put the affiliation into perspective. As I understand it in EP8, if the affinity is NEUTRAL, the MC can decide if he prefers CHICK or DIK. The only problem is that it is no longer the player's choice because he gets either CHICK OR DIK as an option even though he is NEUTRAL.

Ergo, if the MC has a NEUTRAL affinity, he will likely become a follower instead of deciding for himself if he wants to make a NEUTRAL decision.

Explanation.

DIK: DIK and NEUTRAL (The options are set).
CHICK: CHICK and NEUTRAL (The options are set)
NEUTRAL: NEUTRAL and DIK or CHICK (The options are not set because the MC gets either CHICK or DIK as an additional option, but not both. So the MC (player) can get a choice he doesn't want at all and must inevitably choose the lesser evil NEUTRAL).

This is not desirable for me.

My MC actually only defeats Dawe, Chad and Tommy because he has a real reason to. He is defending himself.
That doesn't sound about right. The way I see it, the affinity system would work is this:
Minor choises will still be up to us and we will similarly choose between DIK and CHICK options. Major choices will no longer be in our power and will automatically be given to us based on permanent affinity. And in this sense the affinities are no different.

But even if there is a system like you described, I don't see how Neutral is any different. According to you, if you're Neutral, you'll have Neutral and DIK/CHICK options depending on your gradient, and if you're DIK/CHICK, you'll have DIK/CHICK and Neutral options... But changing the order of addends doesn't change the sum. And being DIK/CHICK you can also find yourself in a situation where you don't like both options and have to choose the lesser evil.
Either I don't understand you, or nothing changes in this equation.

About the very concept of "neutral person." In the case of Being a DIK, I don't mean neutral like Switzerland (which, by the way, is taken very seriously) or Geralt of Rivia. I mean rarely do people act like a crazy aggressive party monster 100% of the time (DIK) or a "very mature" empathic snivel (CHICK). The former can slack off, fall apart, and the latter can get angry and punish the abuser, for example. Beware of a silent dog and still water, as they say. Would such a person be taken less seriously because of that? My experience shows that no.
So Neutral Tremolo is simply a more versatile character, not a follower or undecided.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
What DPC once wrote. We as players should play the MC as we would decide for ourselves. You write so that the MC (tremolo) is fast in combat. But that is your decision as a player. The same is true for the value judgments.

The balance has been created by DPC. The MC is way too mature for his age, which has come through his childhood experiences and deprivations. You can read all about it in the Zoey flashback of EP3 and in Interlude it is even confirmed. The MC only drops this trait of his when he is drunk or with characters where he feels comfortable. What does Tommy say in EP8. Only a drunk MC is a good MC. What does the MC say to Jill in EP5? That it's nice to be a jerk sometimes.
In a way, yes, but we have a situation like in many modern RPGs. We can choose some behavioral patterns and stick to a certain line, but we have a character with a predetermined character and problems that he gets into regardless of our behavioral choices. For example, Tremolo is involved in frat war regardless of affinity, which led to a lot of problems.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
All you have to do is keep an eye on N7 and his (usual) Friday postings. Within a handful of responses to his post you'll usually find folks like ename144 (and others I totally forget, sorry guys, you just aren't as memorable) making predictions based on workflow what kind of an estimate remains before episode release.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
But you still push them down our throats :LOL:
I reckon you misunderstand his meaning.

He didn’t say, “I play without minigames, too”, meaning his preference is to play with them turned off.

What he said was, “I played without minigames, too…”, meaning that in the context of his estimate of a 3 hour play though, that doesn’t even include the minigames (in particular the party planning), i.e. your first play through is gonna be a lot longer than 3 hours if you take the party planning minigames very seriously.

I’m nothing if not a pedantic motherfucker. :p

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
I’m not sure calm is the word. I think compassionate, honest, and kind sorta sum up the characteristics that the LIs prefer. Kept vague in order to not spoil. If you pay attention to the dialogue and gestures, your gut should point you in the right way. Also make a lot of saves.
I punched everyone and played compassionate, ending up with Sage. Cool game tough.
nah, you can get all the main girls as neutral
except jill. who needs you to be a perfect saint to get into her panties after 24hrs of gameplay
I figured out getting her is a special challenge, she is too pure, but the harem ending is possible?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
nah, you can get all the main girls as neutral
except jill. who needs you to be a perfect saint to get into her panties after 24hrs of gameplay

so:
if you're here to play with your dick, there's no need to go chick
and since it rhymes, you know I'm on point :illuminati:
actually even with Jill you just have to be a lying son of a bitch (so chick/neutral) like with the others

screenshot0019.png

do I have to be a perfect gentleman to get Bella?
you just have to avoid Cathe

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
That doesn't sound about right. The way I see it, the affinity system would work is this:
Minor choises will still be up to us and we will similarly choose between DIK and CHICK options. Major choices will no longer be in our power and will automatically be given to us based on permanent affinity. And in this sense the affinities are no different.

But even if there is a system like you described, I don't see how Neutral is any different. According to you, if you're Neutral, you'll have Neutral and DIK/CHICK options depending on your gradient, and if you're DIK/CHICK, you'll have DIK/CHICK and Neutral options... But changing the order of addends doesn't change the sum. And being DIK/CHICK you can also find yourself in a situation where you don't like both options and have to choose the lesser evil.
Either I don't understand you, or nothing changes in this equation.

About the very concept of "neutral person." In the case of Being a DIK, I don't mean neutral like Switzerland (which, by the way, is taken very seriously) or Geralt of Rivia. I mean rarely do people act like a crazy aggressive party monster 100% of the time (DIK) or a "very mature" empathic snivel (CHICK). The former can slack off, fall apart, and the latter can get angry and punish the abuser, for example. Beware of a silent dog and still water, as they say. Would such a person be taken less seriously because of that? My experience shows that no.
So Neutral Tremolo is simply a more versatile character, not a follower or undecided.
Really read through the texts.

screenshot0001.png

It is clearly written that if you have a neutral affinity in the future, you sometimes get a DIK OR a CHICK selection in addition. I just wonder what the player gets in addition for a DIK or CHICK selection, because the player may not be able to use the additional DIK or CHICK selection at all because the selection is absolutely against the player's will. On the other hand, the MC definitely gets the NEUTRAL option if he is DIK or CHICK. It is complicated to explain this.

Let's take a purely fictional example for clarification. Sage is lying injured on the floor.

DIK affinity + NEUTRAL SELECTION:
DIK = Move on
NEUTRAL= Call an ambulance.

CHICK Affinity + NEUTRAL SELECTION:
CHICK = First aid
NEUTRAL = Call an ambulance

NEUTRAL affinity + ? Selection
(Here's the problem. Does the MC get an additional choice and if so, is it DIK or CHICK):

NEUTRAL = Call Ambulance
(This is all there is. Stupid to be friends with Sage and not help her personally. Only good so he can call an ambulance).

NEUTRAL = Call ambulance
DIK = Move on
(You have another choice, but still don't personally help Sage and call an ambulance. Or you can be a complete ass and just keep walking )

NEUTRAL = Call ambulance
CHICK = First aid
(You luckily got the CHICK choice and can actively give Sage first aid or call the ambulance).

I hope the made up example clarifies that from my point of view it is better to be a DIK or a CHICK. NEUTRAL to me is just to put a DIK or CHICK affinity into perspective. This is basically what EP8's Major Choice shows us as well.

Derek's Revenge:
DIK = The MC goes along
NEUTRAL = The MC doesn't stop Derek, but doesn't want to join in himself.
CHICK = The MC persuades Derek not to take revenge.

I have the options NEUTRAL and CHICK in my playthrough. I choose NEUTRAL because that's how Derek is and that's how my MC met him. Ergo, my MC accepts Derek as he is without the MC violating his CHICK affinity.

Cheat Sheet:
DIK = The MC studies the answers and puts the cheat sheet back.
NEUTRAL = The MC does not study the answers and puts the cheat sheet back.
CHICK = The MC does not study the answers and flushes the cheat sheet down the toilet.

On DIK, the MC puts himself and everyone else on the toilet list in danger. On NEUTRAL, the MC only puts everyone else on the WC list in danger. On CHICK, the MC puts only the person who did not prepare in danger. (Dawe.)

I always choose CHICK because only the one who made and hid the cheat sheet should be in danger. Why should those on the WC list suffer when only one acted stupidly. It is the decision of a leader. One is sacrificed for the sake of several.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes