cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
Jill's path has always felt "forced", in that your only choice against being with her is like, the MC - "I'm only asked her out, because fuck Tylbet." Choices like that, instead of just having options like straight up telling Jill you just want to be friends, or that you don't want to date her.

So this was always a scene coming, especially if your doing the Bella path.

Reactions: hunter8013

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Can you help answering my question ? im so confused rn man
I am sorry, I cannot - I am hoping a detailed walkthrough guide comes out because I am very unclear on what specific choices are impacting things with Jill, as an example. :( Hopefully we'll get some answers when we get a guide. :)

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Yeah Jill’s reactions is heartbreaking I said after episode 6 or 7 that it was going to be necessary to have solo route saves for each LI. The game to this point wanted you on multiple paths for exactly this drama. The equivalent on the Sage path will be the Jade fall out

I’ll get more in to the following when the thread slows down again, but I was surprised he is forcing us on Solo routes already. According to his estimates we’re probably less than half way through. So that potentially means half the game or more needing to focus on one LI. That could be 30 hours of play 6 times over (including the ‘others’)
I was expecting it. I actually thought she would walk in the night before after she left Tybalt.

I assumed it was going to happen because the episode's name is Crossroads. I think it was little rushed considering these "people" who've only known each other for about .... about month or two... max.

What sucks now is we played a couple of hours of gameplay and now we are stuck waiting until around July/August. I wish DPC would suck in his ego and hire a bit of help because at this rate, it's going to be 1 episode per year. When is the story going to finish? In 2030?

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I actually had both "Jill" and "Other" in the list, but when my MC rushes to the dinner to tell her he wants to be with her she basically just tells MC that she's looking for something else but that we can be friends, basically. That's why it makes me wonder if there's a recovery option later or not because like I mentioned earlier on my playthrough outside of mostly defending myself from other people, I was pretty nice to people in the game. Always did everything I could for Jill, etc. and I wouldn't start fights with people unnecessarily or be nasty to anybody unprovoked, and even had very good interactions with Jill like the picnic date, so if she's written out of it at this point over a dick pic or other minor things, I think that's exceedingly poor writing on DPC's behalf, but ultimately there are plenty of other girls my MC likes but hasn't heavily pursued, so it's not a deal breaker for me or anything, but definitely stands out as a poorly written section of the game.
Out of curiosity, can you provide screenshots, please? I would love to read that dialogue.

Venom126

Jan 26, 2020
Unofficial patch to update Being a DIK from v0.7.x to v0.8.0.

This patch will upgrade your game from v0.7.0/v0.7.1/v0.7.2 to v0.8.0.

It only contains files altered in v0.7.1/v0.7.2/v0.8.0 (see Files_Updated.txt).

Windows/Linux/Mac (4.87 GB): Mega -
Will add extra mirrors when available.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thanks man you saved my day!

Reactions: Meushi

jalon33

May 25, 2020
I was expecting it. I actually thought she would walk the night before after left left Tybalt.

I assumed it was going to happen because the episode's name is Crossroads. I think it was little rushed considering these "people" who've only known each other for about .... about month or two... max.

What sucks now is we played a couple of hours of gameplay and now we are stuck waiting until around July/August. I wish DPC would suck in his ego and hire a bit of help because at this rate, it's going to be 1 episode per year. When is the story going to finish? In 2030?
Has he stated to expect the next update not to come until the summer? That seems longer than the normal development cycle.

xortor

May 3, 2018
It's kinda depressing that the two best games here, DIK and Summer's Gone, are both heading towards a year between update releases.

Amazing update though. Saaaage......!

Dasanko

Nov 24, 2016
I come to this screen and than the game quits.
At that part, it quits because it has found 1NewCheatMod.rpyc. Just apply the patch attached in the previous message, or rename the file (no need to remove it completely in this case) - you can rename it back right after that scene.

faybang

Aug 6, 2016
Im confused, invite josy and maya into your room. I open chat and it doesn't let me send messager neither call them?
This happens to me too. Anyone know how to fix? Hot fix doesn't work for this. I assume it has something to do with using mods?

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
While the content was pretty damn solid and it was a satisfying conclusion, I feel BaD lost its fun a little bit. Felt like even the full dik route had a decent amount of drama and such and not a lot of funny things. There was a joke here and there, it wasn't all drama, but I felt in the first few episodes you got a choice to basically play as a "who cares I'll bang everyone" guy, every major thing you did could be a bit of a joke. Yeh I remember Acting Lessons as well :p Didn't mind the twist by the way, although it didn't feel THAT special unless you're on that one specific route. Otherwise it doesn't really matter much.

And I think a few people already mentioned that, the routes have diverged so much it's hard to keep track. We didn't get several solo routes this update just because I'm guessing DPC ran out of time to make like 9 separate routes and technically made 3 (well, 3 and 1/2). So yeh I also feel some people are going to be disappointed in the future. At this point he's written himself into a bit of a corner and either we get a gargantuan update that's about 3 current updates in length, he'll either have to: 1) Compress some routes into others, which will disappoint people who wanted solo routes 2) Straight up remove some routes all together 3) Create artificial differences (basically you do the same stuff and then just get a different scene) 4) Just a hard reset, lose most of the routes/characters and start a new season maybe. In my opinion it's best to lower your expectations after this episode, because there's either going to be a LONG wait or some less than ideal stuff.

Don't get me wrong, this is still probably the best game on this website, but with that also come the highest expectations annd it's best to be prepared :)

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
There many things seem off on this episode

Pacing is a bit weird and isn't woven well like previous 7 episodes. New soundtracks don't hit the same like previous episodes

Renders and animation look absolute class though, dialogues are great as usual

Plus, kudos to DPC for fixing Jill in just one Episode. She was great in this Episode. Especially love the date with her friends scene. She's now my number two after Sage.

But overall, I dont know, I was expecting more being this is a season finale and like I said, this episode is lack of that DPC special touch which made BaDIK excellent so far. Or maybe I was so drowned in the hype pool that no Episode can match the expectations in my head lol

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes