Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
And there we have a, if not the big problem of today. See, I don't want to pirate shit but every branche of entertainment, music, movies, TV, books, games, you name it, is filled with people who do that to make $money$ and to out myself here, I'm that old that I still know and miss the times where entertainment was done by people who wanted to tell a story or just liked it to, well entertain others.
I'm a musician. I do it cause I enjoy it. But, I also have to work a 9 to 5 job cause I can't live off of music alone. To live off of something I do for fun, I would have to get paid for doing that which I do for fun. TO get paid, I have to sell my product. I can't sell my product when people take it for free. Today's musicians make money from playing shows, not from selling music. As a nobody, I can't pack in venues to make money. This dev is lucky to have the income they have from this, but I still understand if they don't want their product even modded. I know there are game mods for even PS games and XBOX games, but as an artist, I still understand the dev wanting to prevent all that or make it harder.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
According to any laws I've read, you cannot copy, distribute or modify any product without the owner's consent. While modding may technically not be piracy, it is still considered, by law, to be in the same category.
Technically maybe, but if so that's an example of a completely unenforceable law that pretty much nobody follows. I suspect laws like that will eventually get changed to something more reasonable since consumers aren't going to follow those anyway. If it's on my hard drive, I can do whatever I want with it as long as I don't redistribute it to the public after that. I don't care what the law says. If it's just me using it, then there's no way for anyone to know about it so the law is irrelevant.

If I redistribute it that's an entirely different matter, but even then there's no reasonable scenario where modding could be considered to cost the original rights holder anything. It's basically a free, optional upgrade. Whether the customer paid for the original product or not has nothing to do with the mod so that's irrelevant.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
This mod is beneficial to anyone who wants to explore the entire game not just pirates. I know he has a walkthrough for Patreons but this is way more convenient, his stance on this affects the people who pay as well. It's lame.
I agree. You're right. I was just saying I understand why the dev does what he does.

K4sum1

Nov 8, 2020
Ok so I want to download the chapter 7 for the first time, but I can see it has a lot of problems and some are not mod's fault. Can someone help me with what exactly should I download to have this game smooth with cheat mod? If I should download whole game or just update, idc, I just don't want any problems while playing. Is v0.7.2 playable with cheat mod? Will my saves disappear? Or should I wait longer if the issues will be fixed?

locnexix

Aug 14, 2017
Pirating laws are more for keeping other companies in check rather than a simple user...., I mean, If someone has more money and power than you wants to make money of your products, there is little you can do to stop them, other than those laws, but for simple users it is not worth it to pursue them.

BonesLover

Dec 1, 2019
The walkthrough mod works fine and I see the cheats in the bottom right but when clicked nothing shows up. I went and changed hide to show saved and it still doesnt work. Any1 know how to help with this?

bronco88

Mar 24, 2018
It may be related to the amount of upgrades already purchased. In that case, it must be all of them. But you have the option to modify the mansion's money in the mod menu.

I laughed like a pig in the mud when I saw Jacob saying that. :LUL:

Try this, maybe.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-7-1-scrappy.29402/post-4552726

Thanks for the response, and trying to help, but unfortunately I'm still not seeing a cheat button. Its weird, I seem to be the only person in this thread who has this issue.

Reactions: Monetauro

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Pirating laws are more for keeping other companies in check rather than a simple user...., I mean, If someone has more money and power than you wants to make money of your products, there is little you can do to stop them, other than those laws, but for simple users it is not worth it to pursue them.
Youtube is full of musicians covering their favorite songs. Yeah, a huge artist and/or label won't gain much by harassing a single unknown person for playing their material, but think of how many unknown artists out there that are doing covers. If 1 million unsigned artists each cover a song, that's 1 million times that song was covered and the copyright owner wasn't paid. lol

Still, in a world where everything can be found for free online, artists now record music to sell concert tickets. Years ago, it was the other way around. They did concerts to promote and sell their music.

dopamine_prowler

Apr 27, 2021
Hi I get this error when trying to start up,
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/splash.rpy", line 39, in script
    if discordrun:
  File "game/splash.rpy", line 39, in <module>
    if discordrun:
NameError: name 'discordrun' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/splash.rpy", line 39, in script
    if discordrun:
  File "/Users/phil/MEGAsync Downloads/BeingADIK-0.7.0-macOS/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1830, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "/Users/phil/MEGAsync Downloads/BeingADIK-0.7.0-macOS/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2035, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "/Users/phil/MEGAsync Downloads/BeingADIK-0.7.0-macOS/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/splash.rpy", line 39, in <module>
    if discordrun:
NameError: name 'discordrun' is not defined

Darwin-20.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Tue Apr 27 14:43:32 2021
I'm also getting this error. Any idea how to fix? Can't even open the game. Playing on 0.7.2 with the newest mod game folder for 0.7.2. MAC

Reactions: Gunlovenpanda

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Youtube is full of musicians covering their favorite songs. Yeah, a huge artist and/or label won't gain much by harassing a single unknown person for playing their material, but think of how many unknown artists out there that are doing covers. If 1 million unsigned artists each cover a song, that's 1 million times that song was covered and the copyright owner wasn't paid. lol

Still, in a world where everything can be found for free online, artists now record music to sell concert tickets. Years ago, it was the other way around. They did concerts to promote and sell their music.
Not sure about the whole music business as I believe they earn most of their money on merchandise, t-shirts and stuff like that. Nowdays they don't earn as much money on selling records, due to streaming music apps and downloads. I still believe they are doing concerts to earn money and fame, and for the mental boost of course of seeing thousands watching and jumping.
I believe most if not all good music accords combinations etc have been made already. Meaning they are all stealing from each other but are just trying to hide it. Same as stories go, we don't get any more oh omg, zomg wow stories anymore either as it has all been done as well. I would say we are at the peak of entertainment in this world.

Feel free to disagree, this is just my opinion, take it or leave it :)

Edit: I completely forgot what I was actually going to say here, TY Scrappy for your amazing work!

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Not sure about the whole music business as I believe they earn most of their money on merchandise, t-shirts and stuff like that. Nowdays they don't earn as much money on selling records, due to streaming music apps and downloads. I still believe they are doing concerts to earn money and fame, and for the mental boost of course of seeing thousands watching and jumping.
I believe most if not all good music accords combinations etc have been made already. Meaning they are all stealing from each other but are just trying to hide it. Same as stories go, we don't get any more oh omg, zomg wow stories anymore either as it has all been done as well. I would say we are at the peak of entertainment in this world.

Feel free to disagree, this is just my opinion, take it or leave it :)

Edit: I completely forgot what I was actually going to say here, TY Scrappy for your amazing work!
That's pretty much what I was getting at. Music makes little to nothing, especially with how greedy sites like Spotify are.
Artists can't make jack on streams, even from people who legitimately pay, Spotify pays something miniscule. But, I'd like to think concert tickets make them more than merchandise....maybe. Hard to say. Those who have their stuff everywhere are probably lighting it up in merchandising, but as much as concert tickets cost these days, and as much as they spend putting them together, ...I'm also a stagehand. We did shows for Drake where they told him there was no budget cap. He had a friggin flying Lamborghini in the arena. lmao

Reactions: John Bon Clay

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
According to any laws I've read, you cannot copy, distribute or modify any product without the owner's consent. While modding may technically not be piracy, it is still considered, by law, to be in the same category.
"Against some law somewhere" doesn't necessarily qualify as piracy either. Though they may label it as something else. But we all know this isn't a discussion about legality (which is shaky ground when considering "what's right/what's wrong" anyway). It's a discussion about how modding isn't creating a headache for this or any other dev. If anything, it creates (self imposed) headaches on modders who then have to support their mod.

Exhibit A. Read the zillions of posts to these thousands of mods.

And if anyone tries to tell me that modding hurts games sales... Look at Skyrim. Or even this game/genre. I probably wouldn't play this kind of game without modding, so it earned this dev a sale. And the modder some cash as well.

aoaxe

Apr 10, 2020
Updated for 0.7.2

• Fixed the EP6 Maya and Josy lunch error
  • Added option to toggle permanent affinity
  • added a few more variables

Also added a new "If cheat button doesn't show" fix
Thank you so much scrappy, guess i will wait till android port comes out

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Thank you scrappy for the mod, and the update.
( oh how i wish they would change the browse page number system on this site so you can go back and forth more than 1 page at a time )

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
Thank you scrappy for the mod, and the update.
( oh how i wish they would change the browse page number system on this site so you can go back and forth more than 1 page at a time )
Like the three dots, where can you put the exact number of the page you want to go to? :WaitWhat::LUL:
And you can also create a landmark in any comment or post, with is saved and have a direct access to wherever you want ;)

Reactions: leo_grouch

spl00sh321

Mar 5, 2020
Anyone else on android prot download folder been closing up and while staging app been cradhing but taking up storage space?

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes