Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Hey scrappy I'm getting an error in the Rooster App

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:10
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode7/ep7_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 76, in script
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode7/ep7_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 76, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause(2)
Exception: Creating subsurface failed. child size = (500.0, 680.0), crop = (0, 65, 468, 834)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode7/ep7_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 76, in script
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode7/ep7_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 76, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\exports.py", line 1471, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1676, in render
    place(pos, x, y, w, h)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1637, in place
    rend = render(d, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\B\BeingADIK-0.7.1-pc-lin\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 606, in render
    rv = rv.subsurface((0, 0, width, height), focus=True)
  File "render.pyx", line 1018, in renpy.display.render.Render.subsurface
Exception: Creating subsurface failed. child size = (500.0, 680.0), crop = (0, 65, 468, 834)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.7.1
Mon Apr 26 16:41:17 2021
It happens whenever I mouse over the Phone's "Back" button" after posting a comment.

I updated to the 0.7.1 patch and then installed the mod

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
For those having trouble with the Rooster app, I believe the problem is with the 7.1 patch and not the mod. I downgraded back to 7.0 and it got rid of the error altogether. The mod even still functioned just fine.

Reactions: krmit

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
For those having trouble with the Rooster app, I believe the problem is with the 7.1 patch and not the mod. I downgraded back to 7.0 and it got rid of the error altogether. The mod even still functioned just fine.
Thanks for the update, it looks like 7.1 isn't even that crucial so I'll just reinstall the original 7.0 and call it a day :).

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
The current version of the mod is working for me
I was commenting on the info that there is now a 7.2 version, after a 7.1 and a 7.0 and all within just 2 days.. So is this just fixing bugs or trying again to make the use of this mod difficult if at all possible?

However, what do i do now? I have the version 7.1 (patched from 0.6.1) with the mod added and it works ok till now (but I am at the beginning, just after the first free-roam, with no rooster problem and Josy went to Maya and i didn't crash).

Should I now upgrade the patched and modded version 7.1 to 7.2 ? And if yes, should i apply AGAIN the mod over it?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018
I was commenting on the info that there is now a 7.2 version, after a 7.1 and a 7.0 and all within just 2 days.. So is this just fixing bugs or trying again to make the use of this mod difficult if at all possible?

However, what do i do now? I have the version 7.1 (patched from 0.6.1) with the mod added and it works ok till now (but I am at the beginning, just after the first free-roam, with no rooster problem and Josy went to Maya and i didn't crash).

Should I now upgrade the patched and modded version 7.1 to 7.2 ? And if yes, should i apply AGAIN the mod over it?
i upgraded it, then i applied the patch and it's still working

Oct 29, 2018

Do you have any errors?

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
View attachment 1164488 Hey I just got to this part. Is this only for those who used mod to increase money? xD
I max out the pocket money and also the capacity to 10. Don't get this, maybe you have to play the mini-games (and not disable them) to get this? I don't know.
I play with the mini-games turned off.

So, mod related, is there a feature to max out more than the pocket money so that we get this scene, where we have been saving a lot of money for house repairs?

Last edited:

bronco88

Mar 24, 2018
Walkthrough portion of Mod is working fine, but cant get the cheats button to show up for the life of me. I installed both of the zip files on the front page. Reinstalled entire game, still nothing...any ideas?

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
I max out the pocket money and also the capacity to 10. Don't get this, maybe you have to play the mini-games (and not disable them) to get this? I don't know.
I play with the mini-games turned off.

So, mod related, is there a feature to max out more than the pocket money so that we get this scene, where we have been saving a lot of money for house repairs?
It may be related to the amount of upgrades already purchased. In that case, it must be all of them. But you have the option to modify the mansion's money in the mod menu.

I laughed like a pig in the mud when I saw Jacob saying that. :LUL:

Walkthrough portion of Mod is working fine, but cant get the cheats button to show up for the life of me. I installed both of the zip files on the front page. Reinstalled entire game, still nothing...any ideas?
Try this, maybe.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-7-1-scrappy.29402/post-4552726

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
It may be related to the amount of upgrades already purchased. In that case, it must be all of them. But you have the option to modify the mansion's money in the mod menu.

I laughed like a pig in the mud when I saw Jacob saying that. :LUL:

Try this, maybe.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-7-1-scrappy.29402/post-4552726
Interesting, it's probably a mini-games thing (which I have disabled) since I never have to buy any mansion upgrades. So none of that stuff shows up in the mod menu. I'll try turning mini-games on to test it out. Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Monetauro

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
So, all the mistakes that were happening were corrected on 0.7.2. Turns out it was a DrPinkCake bug, and unrelated to the mod.

So, it was basically like this:

0.7.0 = Bios were bugged, Roster was ok.

0.7.1 = Bios were okay, Roster was bugged.

I still need to play and see, but for now everything is working as intended.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
So, all the mistakes that were happening were corrected on 0.7.2. Turns out it was a DrPinkCake bug, and unrelated to the mod.

So, it was basically like this:

0.7.0 = Bios were bugged, Roster was ok.

0.7.1 = Bios were okay, Roster was bugged.

I still need to play and see, but for now everything is working as intended.
does the mod work with 7.2?

bmberman

Mar 8, 2017
1. It's called non-linearity. It's a good thing, makes your choises matter and feel impactful, instead of everything being railroaded.
2. You do know you can disable the minigames, right?
I dont think thats what non-linear is - the game is linear because you have to progress the story in this chapter/event/order no matter your choices (afaik)

imo choices can be impactful without making you replay the game, its arguably just an impactful (to the player) if you experience the consequences of a choice and then go back in time to redo them. In fact i'd argue its more impactful (again, to the player) because now I experienced more of the game and am actively making a choice vs semi-blinding guessing what the impact with be.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes