Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I always error when going modless, so I just do what I've always done and used the save fix. But, I haven't played for a long time now. So, if I'm wrong about the saves now, my bad.

May 3, 2022
The only things in there I see about mod fixes are the Rusty Windows Crash and "Detected Mod" fix, both of which use scripts to modify the game.

My question is whether they go further and modify the save files in some way bc everything appears on the surface to just detect things a mod would do to the game itself.

Main reason I @'d Scrappy since he's looked at what the scripts are doing.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
The only things in there I see about mod fixes are the Rusty Windows Crash and "Detected Mod" fix, both of which use scripts to modify the game.

My question is whether they go further and modify the save files in some way bc everything appears on the surface to just detect things a mod would do to the game itself.

Main reason I @'d Scrappy since he's looked at what the scripts are doing.
Your saves are somewhat "flagged" since they've got added the variables that I use for the mod. The game doesn't really have a "cheat protection" it's just the game dev specifically checking if the variables I added or the files that I use are in the game folder or in your save. It'll run fine until it gets to that check somewhere in the script and then it either closes or deleting your persistent data (Clearing the rewards/gallery). I didn't see anything about deleting saves and I don't really know whether the modded saves will work on the new version until I've seen what new checks have been added to it which I'll then have to remove

May 3, 2022
Your saves are somewhat "flagged" since they've got added the variables that I use for the mod. The game doesn't really have a "cheat protection" it's just the game dev specifically checking if the variables I added or the files that I use are in the game folder or in your save. It'll run fine until it gets to that check somewhere in the script and then it either closes or deleting your persistent data (Clearing the rewards/gallery). I didn't see anything about deleting saves and I don't really know whether the modded saves will work on the new version until I've seen what new checks have been added to it which I'll then have to remove
So not trying to give you more work, but does anyone ever make something to "clean the saves" like Wolf™ was talking about? I don't see the save fix he was talking about. Just patches made once the game is released.

May 3, 2022
I started another unmodded run to check some things, doing the same run I started but didn't finish. And some of the conversations were different. It kills me looking at the WT for rep checks and the like, but I guess I'm going to do it. Because being forced to skip on Cathy scene or saving Derek from the crab beast were things I wanted to see happen on a different run.

Things like Jade rejection and no sex with Sarah flipping over to the opposite, or how not Displaying multiple options would never save. Any new load I had to change those every time, plus some other stuff.

Thanks for the work scrappy. I got a lot of use out of the mod and appreciate ya. But I want the full original DPC experience, just with rep gain/loss highlights and DIK/Chick gains. Seems no mods do only that. Dropping a 5 star on the mod even though I'm moving on.

C.Charles

Feb 9, 2020
Hi
scrappy
I used to use your Mod since Ep.1 , It's all good and great job from you , except some none important choices through the game which can increase your Relationship points with some girls.
my ask is not to review the hole game and change your Mod.
but asking you if you can add (+) /(-) buttons to control the Relationship points smoothly , because the current option "the bar" at some-point " when the bar is complete yellow, no matter the amount of points is " at this level you can't increase your Relationship points at all.

thank you so much..

Rendy7

Dec 28, 2018
i noticed that at the end of ep8 we had to make choices for who we want to pick. Does this mod give us the option to pic kall girls in 1 playthrough?

I'm asking because i noticed that when picking Isabella that Jill got left out

mutad

Mar 25, 2020
i noticed that at the end of ep8 we had to make choices for who we want to pick. Does this mod give us the option to pic kall girls in 1 playthrough?

I'm asking because i noticed that when picking Isabella that Jill got left out
to get the jill choice, your affinity has to be either a neutral or a chick otherwise her name will not be shown as a choice.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
When you pick all the girls with this mod, the season 3 save still says "Jill route", but will it still continue on all the girls' routes anyways?

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
I've got the 0.8.2 mod installed, but I've noticed a bunch of missing variables as of ep5. Most importantly, the scene with Cathy in the car which affects Bella's scene later on. There's also no variables concerning anything I did in the prep mansion at the beginning of ep5.

Can anyone help me with this?

edit: the cathy variable finally appeared around beginning of ep6, along with a bunch of other ep5 variables. not sure why it took so long though.

Last edited:

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
scrappy Hey Scrappy, wanted to add a new detail regarding the Cathy variable BJ/continued path options after having to replay the whole game again to get her path after skipping the first time. This time I did do the BJ route but out of curiosity I turned it off before my last conversation with Cathy in class during episode 7, and it still gave me the option to continue with her despite turning the BJ option off. The cheat menu honestly does not seem to work in affecting her response to the MC during their last conversation in episode 7 one way or the other, and it seems wholly dependent on if you actually just did the BJ scene or not. Thankfully it still works in allowing the Isabella path to still go forward but regardless this seems like a very concerning bug I hope can be fixed on the next iteration

jawz

Jul 9, 2020
scrappy Hey Scrappy, wanted to add a new detail regarding the Cathy variable BJ/continued path options after having to replay the whole game again to get her path after skipping the first time. This time I did do the BJ route but out of curiosity I turned it off before my last conversation with Cathy in class during episode 7, and it still gave me the option to continue with her despite turning the BJ option off. The cheat menu honestly does not seem to work in affecting her response to the MC during their last conversation in episode 7 one way or the other, and it seems wholly dependent on if you actually just did the BJ scene or not. Thankfully it still works in allowing the Isabella path to still go forward but regardless this seems like a very concerning bug I hope can be fixed on the next iteration
I had the exact opposite issue. I went no BJ, then used scrappy's mod to change it to yes BJ, but the phone bio and the last conversation continued as if I was still on the no BJ route.

Any chance we can get a fix scrappy?

For anyone in a situation like me and is looking for a quick and sloppy fix before scrappy can take a look, open game/season2/scripts/update7.rpy and add "$ pathCathy = True" (no quotes) above the following line.

Code:
$ new_bio("Cathy", "Cathy made class harder for us by skipping forward in the curriculum.")
All this does is open up a scene of the MC kissing Cathy and her saying goodbye. Not sure if there is more content with her as I'm still playing ep7.

Last edited:

Chiryuu

Mar 8, 2021
scrappy - is there a variable that removes being locked out of Isabella's path when you had sex with Cathy?
I got around some of these "blockers" through editing variables retroactively, but there doesn't seem to be one anywhere? I just tried after the choice in the car with Cathy.

Homga

Apr 27, 2022
Is there anyway to make you DIK score update through dialogue? It ruins the game a bit if I have to update it manually myself imo. So if anyone knows a fix to this please let me know.

remir009

May 5, 2022
View attachment 674728

Overview:
Cheat Mod + Walkthrough
Cheats that allow you to edit your points and money
The cheat menu is the CHEATS button in the bottom right game screen​

Game/Creator:Being A DIK/
Modder:
Game Version: Interlude Season 3

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:
SEASON 1 & 2:

Download: - -
Fix for Steam version (install main mod first):

Download this if the "CHEATS" button doesn't show:

ANDROID by DarkAssassin
ANDROID by Wills747
SEASON 3:
Download: -

View attachment 290777 View attachment 290778 View attachment 290779 View attachment 290780
i can't see any of the render the error always show up but i can still play the game

Infrenom

Feb 2, 2020
Hi, what does the "option to see all scenes" do exactly?
I know there are options if I want to see all scenes before/after some choices, marked as Mod or asking if I want to see other scene, but looking in other found that option and don't know what it does.
Thx and sorry if this been asked before.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes