Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

littlemonkey

Feb 3, 2018
Thanks for the 0.4 update, this mod feels essential to not miss out on anything.
Something you might want to consider adding to the instructions is the optional fourth step of deleting the now extracted images folder excluding "\classes\math101" (the only images your mod changes). This is to not unnecessarily double the game file size.

Also regarding UnRen option 9. I still use that choice cause I need some .rpyc decompiled for further modding (I remove the permanent changes to alignment after the major choices). You'll get plenty of errors from the decompiled rpy's, just delete the offending ones. Since the Ren'Py load order is (AFAIK): "compiled rpyc's -> uncompiled rpy's -> rpa's -> loose files", you can delete the later loaded ones and it defaults back to the earlier loaded (ie compiled versions).

I did these steps with both the 0.3.1 release and now this one, no issues so far. My modded version of 0.4 is 6,17 GB in 1634 files instead of 12,0 GB in 12000 files.

EDIT: The order I do it in is:
UnRen option 9 -> delete the images (and music) folder(s) - > unpack the mod -> run the game to generate an error log -> delete the offending rpy's -> run game again to verify it works, check that your mod still works -> apply my modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: vgyew

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
No it's not, you must have selected something wrong. Everything is working great, Yesterday I started a new game and I just finished the game right now with the mod.
It was for me, but I already fixed it by starting game from the beginning with a new save.

Sep 30, 2019
Could someone post some kind of instruction how to install it? I'm doing something wrong, because the game is showing on error on the start. Which files to delete, which files to copy?

Yaqub

Feb 22, 2018
View attachment 290764

Overview:
Cheat Mod + Walkthrough
Cheats that allow you to edit your points and money
The cheat menu is the CHEATS button in the bottom right game screen​

Game/Creator:Being A DIK/
Modder:
Mod Version:0.4.0
Game Version:0.4.0

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: -

View attachment 290777 View attachment 290778 View attachment 290779 View attachment 290780
make for version 0.4 please.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
I installed it all but the Ep 4 scenes aren't unlocked in the gallery. Did I forget a step?

EDIT: My bad, should've read through the thread first

• Haha
Reactions: Mikedazz1

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
So hopefully Pinkcake splitting up the seasons doesn't fuck with the mod at all, like that anti-modding shit being impossible to remove next time.
i only use mods when the modder is competent so my trust in scrappy is very high , and yup it was kinda a shit move from dpc to do that considering some of us actually support him and cheat in the game.

MedusaCorps.

Jan 20, 2019
How do you put mod in the game file? It's keep showing the error, I did use the uren, maybe I done the extrat to file wrong, anyone can help me?

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
How do you put mod in the game file? It's keep showing the error, I did use the uren, maybe I done the extrat to file wrong, anyone can help me?
I always extract the mod somewhere else first. Then copy over what's in it. Inside the mod folder is a 'game' folder. You just copy/paste that into the BaDIK folder so that it merges with the existing game folder. It will ask you to replace files, do it.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes