Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes
May 4, 2020
I am struggling and have read the majority of the pages on this thread. I initially downloaded the mod and got a double cheat (which errored out when I clicked on it) then downloaded the "Download This if the "CHEATS" button doesn't show" version and overwrote the old one and now no cheat shows up.

I then went back to the original version and the cheat doesn't show up now.

Am I just dumb? Capture.PNG

LetThereBeMods

Aug 5, 2020
I am struggling and have read the majority of the pages on this thread. I initially downloaded the mod and got a double cheat (which errored out when I clicked on it) then downloaded the "Download This if the "CHEATS" button doesn't show" version and overwrote the old one and now no cheat shows up.

I then went back to the original version and the cheat doesn't show up now.

Am I just dumb? View attachment 760653
You could try to delete the game, unpack the untouched files again and then reapply the cheat files again, and also delete/move your savegames to see if the problem with a fresh "install" persists

bootybruh

Jun 20, 2020
I keep getting errors everytime I open the cheat menu

EDIT: Installed a fresh game and removed my previous save files fixed the problem.

Last edited:

Kenrockkun

Aug 9, 2020
Hello. I am stuck pls help. Its in the 7th free roam. Episode 2 after the cum-petition where i have to chat with others. I am stuck and have chatted with everyone and the game is not progressing. Click on everything but no avail. Pls help

EvanThinitis

Aug 7, 2020
I can see the cheat button, but the walkthrough is not working, I can't see the points that decisions give nor I can't see which "level" I am either.

quinngt

Apr 14, 2020
scrappy Looks like the dev patched the game to block this mod. Only option is to back out and start a new game. Can you take a look and see if you can patch this? 1597678729441.png

EvanThinitis

Aug 7, 2020
scrappy Looks like the dev patched the game to block this mod. Only option is to back out and start a new game. Can you take a look and see if you can patch this? View attachment 776013
The dev didn't block the mod, it's even announced on the game thread. Also, it does not say you can't play the game, it just says that you must take care on the cheats used because it can cause game errors.

Gert_Boomans

Apr 30, 2017
scrappy Looks like the dev patched the game to block this mod. Only option is to back out and start a new game. Can you take a look and see if you can patch this? View attachment 776013
It just means you can't load a safe from a modded version in a non-modded game version. If you want to use a save game from a modded version be sure to load it in a modded game version. The mod itself doesn't even need to be updated, as long as a mod is installed it works.

quinngt

Apr 14, 2020
The dev didn't block the mod, it's even announced on the game thread. Also, it does not say you can't play the game, it just says that you must take care on the cheats used because it can cause game errors.
Fair point but mod doesn't load at all with the latest version of the game. So I tried loading the save without the mod installed since everything was already unlocked, then it showed that message. Considering that message has been added and the mod doesn't load at all, I'd say it needs an update. Looks like there are a few above having issues too.

hassand

Aug 20, 2020
I installed the 0.5.2 version however the game does not run anymore. I have the game on steam, what should I do?

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
Hmm so there is no mod for the steam version? also is it 0.4.2 as in 0.5.2 or is it 4.2 only?

Thanks
Nope and yes its 0.4.2 that is the steam version, the next steam version will probable 0.8.+ if he sticks to 4 episodes a season.

0.5.2 is the current version of the game on his patreon (also here but we be a pirate site) which is what this mod is for.

Reactions: rKnight
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes