Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

realkane

Jun 6, 2017
It's not gonna be today since I don't have time to work on it I just quickly checked the crashes. Pinkcake must really hate this mod since he keeps adding things to prevent it from working.

Now what you should do:
  1. Download the mod error fix from the game thread (You might not need this step)
  2. Use unren to enable developer console
  3. Load your save and press SHIFT+O
  4. type cheatcat = ""
  5. type def_cheat = ""
you are a god my man!

LaPusca

Jan 7, 2021
Don't comment often, but want to thank you for making those mods for us. How long do these mods usually take after an update?

Feb 6, 2018
I somehow can't access the gallery, by that I mean the 0.7 content of the gallery. FYI I updated the 0.6 version to the 0.7 so maybe that's got to do with it?

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Like I said, you make his useless point system meaningless, so he hates it.

I mean, by what standard does single choices you make with one person determine how you interact with others? Everyone acts differently to different people.
I'm glad Scrappy makes his point system meaningless. His point system sucks who wants to be locked into only being a DIK or a CHICK.

Oct 21, 2019
Don't comment often, but want to thank you for making those mods for us. How long do these mods usually take after an update?
Depends. Usually a day or two, he did the COBD mod on the same day I think, but this one is more complicated from what I read a few posts above. Sooooo, I would guess... sunday or monday

JEER0X

Sep 17, 2019
guess i did something wrong as now i see 2 cheat buttons and when i click either i freeze up for a bit

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
Seems like this one is a bit more complicated to update, so probably a few days. Best to give Scrappy the time he needs, the mod is worth the wait imo.

labra361

Sep 19, 2020
It's not gonna be today since I don't have time to work on it I just quickly checked the crashes. Pinkcake must really hate this mod since he keeps adding things to prevent it from working.

Now what you should do:
  1. Download the mod error fix from the game thread (You might not need this step)
  4. type cheatcat = ""
  5. type def_cheat = ""
what a god! this worked like a charm. for people struggling, actually type the words in console commands DO NOT just copy and paste, that didnt seem to work for me.

• Love
Reactions: Sanaa Star
Feb 6, 2018
what a god! this worked like a charm. for people struggling, actually type the words in console commands DO NOT just copy and paste, that didnt seem to work for me.
Did you actually download 0.7 or did you update 0.6 -> 0.7?
I tried typing it and pressing enter, afterwards I clicked on the cheat-button at the bottom right corner and all that happened was that the screen became unresponsive, I couldn't interact with anything in the game and had to return to the main menu.
Also am I the only one that only got his gallery up to the end of 0.6?

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'jim' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "season2/scripts/update7.rpyc", line 171, in script
File "D:\BeingADIK - 0.6.1\renpy\ast.py", line 676, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "D:\BeingADIK - 0.6.1\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'jim' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.7.0
Sat Apr 24 03:01:09 2021
```
The same problem

albatare

May 4, 2017
The same problem
& @Psytama & everyone with the jim error
open the console and paste this
Python:
define jim = Character("Amelia", color="#f7dd72")
It comes from trying to replay a scene with a character you haven't seen yet.
You can find the full list of characters and their "define" in charaters.rpy and characters_season2.rpy if you need to fix another scene.

albatare

May 4, 2017
You're a legend, the only one that doesn't work is the Rinoa+Camila scene (both buttons to start with one of them are greyed out)

Same issue as above, even though you can play the scene some variables aren't set, open the console and enter :

Python:
persistent.ep7_lewd_rica = True
persistent.ep7_lewd_camila = True
persistent.ep7_lewd_riona = True

Reactions: bluehound36

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
thank you. Honestly, I never understand why creators are so opposed to cheats for a single player game, ESPECIALLY a story driven game. To me, if you're not playing against other players, who cares if you cheat?
Not only that but for me this game is absolutely unplayable without the scrappy mod and a good WT. Because we don't know yet how the relations with each girl are going to develop and end, it's necessary to be able to change the points by each of them while playing and the yes or no related to what scenes you saw before in order to not lose scenes with maybe the girls you like most. And also for some scenes you must be more dick, for others more chick.. I think I'll not even try to play this version till the mod is updated..

BTW, any chance of a WT for v.0.7.0 ? Was that not posted on Patreon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aelth and jish55

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Not only that but for me this game is absolutely unplayable without the scrappy mod and a good WT. Because we don't know yet how the relations with each girl are going to develop and end, it's necessary to be able to change the points by each of them while playing in order to not lose scenes with maybe the girl we like most. And also for some scenes you must be more dick, for others less. I think I'll not even try to play this version till the mod is updated..
I will update my game but just wait for scrappy mod, I don't have anything against choices mattering later down the line, but in some games i would rather be "more free" with my choice and get what I "want" in the end, it doesn't mean anything in the quality of the game for me, it's just how I am, I mostly do it on most VN on f95 where choices matter because they're usually still WIP, and i don't want to manage 15 saves with each a path, If the game was complete I could just finish it once and go back, and do it all at once and see what i want, but since we don't know what will affect what in the future, i would need a bunch of saves (and keep them up to date every update) just to have a save where it goes how I want to see it.

... Reading myself again I realize how fcking bad i wrote all of this lol, and to think I like to write things in my free time :LOL:

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I will update my game but just wait for scrappy mod, I don't have anything against choices mattering later down the line, but in some games i would rather be "more free" with my choice and get what I "want" in the end, it doesn't mean anything in the quality of the game for me, it's just how I am, I mostly do it on most VN on f95 where choices matter because they're usually still WIP, and i don't want to manage 15 saves with each a path, If the game was complete I could just finish it once and go back, and do it all at once and see what i want, but since we don't know what will affect what in the future, i would need a bunch of saves (and keep them up to date every update) just to have a save where it goes how I want to see it.

... Reading myself again I realize how fcking bad i wrote all of this lol, and to think I like to write things in my free time :LOL:
You didn't write it bad, you just repeated what i a said, with other words :) But i edited my text a little meanwhile so maybe that helps :)

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I'm glad Scrappy makes his point system meaningless. His point system sucks who wants to be locked into only being a DIK or a CHICK.
It really sucks when you give everything to a girl but lose because you are the wrong alignment...
It didn't occur to him that someone might be a dick in general, but not to this particular person, or a dick with a heart of gold lol.
Or a chick who won't pass on an open invitation...

sutairs

Apr 22, 2018

Now what you should do:
  4. type cheatcat = ""
  5. type def_cheat = ""
This is when you use the update only download with the modded 0.6 version right? Im sorry this question doesnt sound right, english is not my first language

lobonex3

Apr 29, 2020
FULL GALLERY UNLOCK MOD FOR 0.7.

This includes all the scenes. Simply drop this file into your game folder and all the gallery scenes will be unlocked. I did this very quickly, so rewards are not included.

Enjoy!
I doesn't seem to work for me =/ do you need to change the extension or something..? btw mine is an a fresh 0.6 upgraded to 0.7, could this be the problem? Thanks in adv!

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pinkcake must really hate this mod since he keeps adding things to prevent it from working.
Funny thing is, if it wasn't for this mod, I don't think I would have even played this game. Really, it is the mods that lead to me even making a games to play list, and if I was still searching through the game folder by titles, well, this title in all honesty, don't think it would have caught my attention so much among the 7K+ titles in my game folder.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes