Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
i think the installation metod is outdated since the files im suposed to delete are not there, no /game/scripts paste and deleting scripts.rpa is causing the game to not load properly, the saves persistant file deletion is ok

(downloaded 3.1 and not patched from 3.0)
Running UnRen with option 1 or 9 unpacks the rpa files, including scrips.rpa, which contains the cheat_detection files as well as a lot of other files needed to run the game. If you delete scripts.rpa without unpacking it first and then try to start the game, something will go wrong, obviously.

Just in case, I've redownloaded the full v0.3.1 and after running UnRen all files, including the scripts folder and the cheat detection.rpy/rpyc files in the misc subfolder, are present.

So either something went wrong for you... or you... didn't follow the installation instructions, by skipping UnRen.

Alternatively, you could try to run UnRen with atleast option 1 or 9. Then, once unren is done and closed, run the new batch file I've added to the post (edited, expanded and cleaned) in the Being a DIK main folder (the one with the BeingADIK.exe, just like UnRen). It will delete scripts.rpa, cheat_detection.rpy/rpyc and should delete the persistent file in the appdata folder as well.

Edit: ryankenn, did you delete the persistent file? I'm not sure, but that one possible contains gallery unlocks.

Edit 2: Need to stop rushing things... writing nonsense and uploading the wrong file... Anyway, added a second version that DOESN'T delete persistent file. If the game works with the persistent there's no need to delete it and possibly reset the gallery.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Pulalau, what exactly did you download? The mod or the zip files containing the bat files?

In case of the mod, there are installation instructions in the first post, where you also got the mod from.

If you're asking about the bat files, try the first one, it should be enough. Once you've run UnRen from the main folder (the one with the BeingADIK.exe and game folder etc.) with atleast option 1 or 9 (to unpack the script.rpa), put the unpacked bat file next to the BeingADIK.exe and UnRen.bat. Then run it.

Now the game should work fine. If it doesn't, please tell us how far you get till something goes wrong, with error message as well if you get one.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Oh .. I dunno .. maybe try these here steps ... available above your posts ...

For those who can't find the files (scripts.rpa, cheat_detection.rpy/rpyc) or something, here's a batch file that takes care of them. Just throw it into the Being a DIK folder and run it AFTER running UnRen with atleast option 1 or 9. Also, it doesn't look for the persistent file (different windows = atleast slightly different location). I'm not sure why we're supposed to delete that one anyway (I admit, I haven't read the while thread), but my game works fine with it so far.

I've tested it a few different cases with/without scripts.rpa and cheat_detection.rpy(c) present. Runs fast and silent... unless you either didn't listen and tried to run it before UnRen (only with scripts.rpa present) or there's actually something else wrong.

Btw, is option 2 even needed here? The cheat_detection.rpy is there even if you only use option 1. Also, in the spoiler is the code for those who are curious or want to create the batch file themselves, while checking/changing the code.

sciro, did you delete custom_functions.rpy and custom_functions.rpyc in Being A DIK\game\scripts\misc or the entire misc folder? Cause that's where dk is defined and, unless the bug comes from somewhere else, then those two files are missing.

Attached them, throw the game folder into the Being a DIK folder and try again, please.

Also, did you try the batch file that I've posted (after running UnRen)? It deletes the files that keep the mod from working. If the batch file, for some strange mysterious reasons, starts to delete files in ain't supposed to, I would love to know. x.x
Running UnRen with option 1 or 9 unpacks the rpa files, including scrips.rpa, which contains the cheat_detection files as well as a lot of other files needed to run the game. If you delete scripts.rpa without unpacking it first and then try to start the game, something will go wrong, obviously.

Just in case, I've redownloaded the full v0.3.1 and after running UnRen all files, including the scripts folder and the cheat detection.rpy/rpyc files in the misc subfolder, are present.

So either something went wrong for you... or you... didn't follow the installation instructions, by skipping UnRen.

Alternatively, you could try to run UnRen with atleast option 1 or 9. Then, once unren is done and closed, run the new batch file I've added to the post (edited, expanded and cleaned) in the Being a DIK main folder (the one with the BeingADIK.exe, just like UnRen). It will delete scripts.rpa, cheat_detection.rpy/rpyc and should delete the persistent file in the appdata folder as well.

Edit: ryankenn, did you delete the persistent file? I'm not sure, but that one possible contains gallery unlocks.

Edit 2: Need to stop rushing things... writing nonsense and uploading the wrong file... Anyway, added a second version that DOESN'T delete persistent file. If the game works with the persistent there's no need to delete it and possibly reset the gallery.

Pulalau, what exactly did you download? The mod or the zip files containing the bat files?

In case of the mod, there are installation instructions in the first post, where you also got the mod from.

If you're asking about the bat files, try the first one, it should be enough. Once you've run UnRen from the main folder (the one with the BeingADIK.exe and game folder etc.) with atleast option 1 or 9 (to unpack the script.rpa), put the unpacked bat file next to the BeingADIK.exe and UnRen.bat. Then run it.

Now the game should work fine. If it doesn't, please tell us how far you get till something goes wrong, with error message as well if you get one.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
hungneet, Canto Forte, if the scripts folder is missing, then either UnRen wasn't used "properly" (option 1 or 9 atleast) or, somehow, failed to extract the rpa files.

Last time I've checked, neither the full download, nor the patch have been updated, so the folder structure is still in the scripts.rpa. At least in the mega download.

That's also why you're getting the error message in the game. The cheat_detection.rpy/rpyc are still in the scripts.rpa, but before that one can be savely deleted, you need to extract the rpa files with UnRen first. Else alot more will be missing, than just the cheat detection.

Trying, and probably failing to, to make a "small" step-by-step-walkthrough. Hope it helps atleast somewhat.
Use UnRen option 1 and any other from 2-6 if you want or need to, or simply use option 9.
Wait till UnRen is done and tells you to press 1 to get back to menu or any other key to exit.
Now you can check if there's a game/scripts/misc folder with the files. If so, continue, else we need to figure out what went wrong.
Then you can finaly delete the files scripts/misc/cheat_detection.rpy and -.rpyc, as well as game/scripts.rpa either manually or with one of the bat files.
Finally you can copy the mod files into the folder of the game, start the game and have "fun".

Reactions: Canto Forte

xpLosIve93

Jan 7, 2019
“Unlock all scenes” cheat doesn’t work. In the gallery all scenes are visually unlocked (no “?” icons anymore), but you can’t click on the scenes to watch them.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
“Unlock all scenes” cheat doesn’t work. In the gallery all scenes are visually unlocked (no “?” icons anymore), but you can’t click on the scenes to watch them.
Did you install the whole mod? The gallery.rpy from the mod makes it so you can watch them

Reactions: Canto Forte

Praeceps411

Aug 25, 2019
When I unpack the .rpas using option 9, I get a /scripts folder, just no /misc folder. I've tried running option 9, running 9 immediately after finishing running 9, running 9 dropping the .bat file into the game folder and running 9 again and I still get no /misc folder. Any thoughts?

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Ehhh, alright, let's see.

Praeceps411, first, you only need to run UnRen in the folder with the "BeingADIK.exe" and, aslong you get everything done and works, only once, too. ;P

Second, please run UnRen with option 1, no other options. Once it's done, either copy the text and post it or add a screenshot of it (whichever works better for you).

For some reason UnRen only unpacks the scripts.rpa only partially or only creates the folder, but can't extract any files. In that case, we need to figure out why. The log of UnRen might give us an idea and running only step 1 doesn't take as long (step 2 takes a moment as well) and, of course, no where near as much in the log.

Did you use UnRen on other games before? If you did, was the folder of those game(s) in the same place the BeingADIK folder is when you try to run UnRen? Cause if you did and it worked, great. Else, it could be an issue with powershell, permissions, other software... (particularly antivirus/windows defender etc.). But, unless, UnRen starts triggering stuff specifically in Being A DIK's case... Which is another reason, as to why we need the log, unless of course, someone knows this problem or has another idea.

Praeceps411

Aug 25, 2019
I've never used UnRen before this, so no previous experiences to compare to. It ran without seeming to trigger anything or run into any problems that I could tell, though. The background folder in the shot is the scripts folder that gets created after running UnRen.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
I've never used UnRen before this, so no previous experiences to compare to. It ran without seeming to trigger anything or run into any problems that I could tell, though. The background folder in the shot is the scripts folder that gets created after running UnRen.
You're playing version 0.2 not the latest 0.3.1 version. Download the latest one then try again

Reactions: Suryujin

there

Nov 23, 2016
The mod doens't work for me followed all the steps even tried whit a fresh install. But i keep getting this error after the very first choice in a new game.
This bloody problem is also happening with me. I am using the compressed version of this game 3.1 and am starting a new game.

I've already put the mod and extracted the game entirely using the Unren program. Then I went to both appdata and games to delete the persistent folder. After which even I start the game these problems still occur. Why does the dev do that despite there being a script.rpy folder.

Here is my screenshot. Screenshot (13).png

Last edited:

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
This bloody problem is also happening with me. I am using the compressed version of this game 3.1 and am starting a new game.

I've already put the mod and extracted the game entirely using the Unren program. Then I went to both appdata and games to delete the persistent folder. After which even I start the game these problems still occur. Why does the dev do that despite there being a script.rpy folder.
How does you game/scripts/misc folder look?

there

Nov 23, 2016
How does you game/scripts/misc folder look?
It had 4 files in it. It is the extracted version of the cheat detection files and the cheat detection files themselves. .rpy and .rpyc. I deleted them all before starting the game.

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes