4.30 star(s) 54 Votes

Riftmad

Jan 16, 2018
Dead fathers, one of the best meme's on this site..
That has me wondering whether there's a reason no one has tried a kind of reverse of that.

A sequel game where the MC is a father, their formerly MC son dies, and they end up "comforting" the veritable horde of women who were apparently their kid's harem and or fuckbuddy/friend with benefits, who keep showing up coincidentally while they're naked or some such.

Or maybe it's simply that I haven't seen such a thing yet.

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Update overall was good. 2 problems though. Characters looked different and I had saves I didn't save. Don't know if that is normal.
oooh, what characters looked different? in regards to the MC, the lighting sometimes makes him look different.

"I had saves I didn't save" please tell me what this means xx thanks for playing xx
Oh do you mean why are there saves in folder?

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
don't remember where it was but I did encounter one such case in a new game.

you create a variable for save version.
run an onload script that calls a function

if you want to get real fancy you can even popup a choice of "in the quest so and so, what did you tell mom?". but honestly that is just being unnecessarily fancy.
A basic fix is just preselecting a default choice so the save file is not broken is probably more than sufficient.
especially with a note in changelog like

> saves imported from v0.19 will assume you choose to have sex with char X. you can change it by setting
> var666 = False

the above is just an example. there are multiple ways to specifically write it out based on your preferences.
Thank you, this looks pretty heavy so ill have a crack at it in the morning. Thanks for playing xx

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Thank you, this looks pretty heavy so ill have a crack at it in the morning. Thanks for playing xx
sure thing.
btw, I only used pseudocode not actual literal code. it needs to be adjusted for whatever language you are programming this in (should be python for renpy).
and some variables and function names need to be cleaned up/expanded etc.

Personally, my experience has been that it is easiest to to immediately add a new /modified variable to a save upgrade function as soon as the variable is changed (in the same PR ideally). It helps keep track of what was done and what wasn't.

I also tend to make custom small functions to make the code look clean and self documenting.
so that each variable change is a single line such as
renameVar(oldvar,newvar);
renameVar(oldvar2,newvar2);
renameVar(oldvar3,newvar3);

So it is more easy for a human to read (since I am a human).

Last edited:

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
My old save from last October did work, but I got a traceback for

File "game/After_Party_1_Scenes.rpy", line 4104, in <module>
NameError: name 'Ruby_Possible_romance' is not defined

Clicking ignore worked, although I had the same issue one more time. I got 3 tracebacks in total, but I didn't look closely at the 3rd one, I just clicked ignore.
hello, yes i was aware of 'Ruby_Possible_romance' being missing, which was why i provided the saves. Were there any others? I know the " Nikki_morning_Handy_after_sleepinginherroom " was missing too. Did you get any more? i appreciate the help xx :)

Reactions: Rabonixxx

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
hello, yes i was aware of 'Ruby_Possible_romance' being missing, which was why i provided the saves. Were there any others? I know the " Nikki_morning_Handy_after_sleepinginherroom " was missing too. Did you get any more? i appreciate the help xx :)
Yes, All_Day_and_Night_Fuckfest_Nikki_Ruby variable is also missing.

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
I really want this game to succeed, which is why I'm going to offer the same unsolicited advice again.

CUT DOWN ON YOUR WORKLOAD.

If you insist on having two different versions of the protagonist, fine. If its your unshakable vision to have a staggeringly large amount of player choice, I understand. But you could cut your static renders down by well over half by just NOT overdoing a scene. For instance, the MC is sitting on a couch in one scene, there's some dialogue and description at the bottom, then he turns his head, more description, turns his head back, we hear his thoughts, sits forward a little, one more line of dialogue.

Now if you guys had a reasonably fast dev cycle, I would say that's fine (completely unnecessary, but its your perogative), but this game is three years old and it has less content than some games released just this year. You're good writers. For scenes that are not visually dynamic, its okay to have only a single render, or at least far less renders than your currently use and more words instead. Not only would this emphasize your writing abilities, but it would cut down production times, allowing for faster releases or longer chapters.

Food for thought. I'll keep supporting either way.
Hey I appreciate the advice and the support, i agree with what you are saying, the wait between updates is too long. v0.21 is however is being working alongsidev0.20 and will have a 4090 soon too. :) i dont know how to respond to this haha. :D its so hard to find a right balance. i could send you some of the script for v0.21?

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Done correctly the multiple MC skins should pretty trivial.
But I am not sure they are actually doing it correctly...

You also might have a point about unnecessary small static image changes during normal dialog.
Although one should not go over the top in trimming images.
And depending on how it is done it might not be too bad in terms of work.

I noticed there are some pretty redundant programming issues too.

After every choice there is an entire function for giving XP. which should have just been replaced with a simple function call.
giveCombatXP();

Also for some reason the white MC and black MC files are labeled differently. which requires code to load the correct image.
which is silly. just have 3 branches.
> code
> light
> dark

you make code changes in code.
then the light and dark branches can each automatically import those code changes and compile. (or manually if you don't want to set up automation)
when a new image file is added. add the light version to light repo and the dark version to dark repo. with same filename in same location. and watch as it auto compiles it.
a lot of the problems stemmed from this being my first game, hence a lot of the code is sloppy especially at the beginning, i feel like i am learning tho, also, the sandbox version will be in the steam release late next year. That is why a lot of that code is still in the files.

giveCombatXP(); - i will check this out. thanks! :cool:

Reactions: harem.king

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Thanks dev and one last thing, is futa avoidable? I tried searching but literally got zero results from the search bar.
yea, also the futa scene is not actually in the game anymore since that was exclusive to the sandbox version xx thanks for playing xx

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/After_Party_1_Scenes.rpy", line 2225, in <module>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "AllPhoneConversations.rpyc", line 20, in script call
File "AllPhoneConversations.rpyc", line 35, in script call
File "FINDING_MINIGAME.rpyc", line 95, in script call
File "After_Party_1_Scenes.rpyc", line 2225, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/After_Party_1_Scenes.rpy", line 2225, in <module>

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
Being Super 0.20a.LIGHT
Fri Sep 27 02:06:12 2024
yes, please use the save provided. xx thank yoooouuu xx

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Man this is borked. Keep getting errors at the gym when sis catches you with Anna. Clicking the stat screens also goes to errors. Really don't want to start from the beggining again. Tried moving the saves as well.
please screenshot the error and dm me please, thank yooou xx

wait you used the saves and still get the stat screen errors?! hmmmmm... Something is fishy. Are you using a mod?

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Is there a Walkthrough for this fucking game? I'm looking at the Achievements for extra EXP and noticing entire Story beats that simply don't exist in the Order I've experienced.

Like Story 7, 8, and 9. Something to do with a 'Marking Machine' and a Passcode?

The other issue is, these are probably hidden behind Power Checks that dimply aren't told to you. Like Accelerated Perception allowing you to Beat the Robots at the Hospital, or Super Speed saving Taylor from a Fall. Those are the only 2 I've found by the way, for all I know there's more.

I just wish there was an indicator of when I need to spend a Gazillion EXP to have these Powers at the right time when the Checks go off...
i am working on the walkthrough, the marking machine related stuff, you need to cheat on ikes exam.

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Hmm, so a particular girl will trigger the harem path... Could you please give us a little hint which girl will trigger the harem path (just a guess...is it Taylor?)?

Regards.

View attachment 4075098
non non you only need to click on the harem option when given it, currently you can harem (in order) Ana, April, Taylor, Susan and Ruby.

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Quite interesting and unusual, with nice female models and couple of animated scenes. Nice (y) But still I missed sounds (moans) and controls during scenes.
View attachment 4075388
Soon After this render I get the error below

View attachment 4075389
Then I press ignore and I get this render below as if I missed a lot of renders

View attachment 4075395

I'm I missing some renders between these renders because of the error?
hello, there are a few fixes for this. 1. use the saves provided, 2 open console and type in $ Ruby_Possible_Romance = 1. in regards to the scene after the error, that is IF the MC gets a heart attack. it is one of the many endings to the party sequence. xx thanks for playing, i am uploading a bugfix version right now. jsyk

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes