4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Slackware 14.2 on Lenovo x230, stumpwm/stock KDE. The game crashes on start.
Unfortunately I have no experience with Slackware myself. Is the error message any more detailed than what you wrote? If not, can you try to run the game with Valgrind or gdb to see if the backtrace tells you some more? It is memory related somehow, but it's hard to pinpoint the exact reason you're getting the error without more detailed logging.

You can try raising the maximum numbers of mappings per process (Try sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=26214 for example) to see if that does it. Also be sure to use a recent version of glibc and a recent kernel.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Sauron17011 You bring up some valid points there. At the very least you got me to examine the bad ending from a perspective I hadn't before. So thanks for taking the time to write up your feedback!

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
No problem. Great to see a dev responding to feedback. And because I came off a bit harsh yesterday, I wanna say that I do really like the game as a whole. I never read it as a hypnosis story, but saw the player first and later his wife make an effort to repair a relationshop they clearly care about a lot, and the old man giving the husband the tools to do so. It's absolutely adorable.
I can also see where you're coming from with the bad ending. doesn't feel natural
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I stand by the point I made earlier, but it does not ruin the game in any way.

Hope to see more of your stuff in the future.

Reactions: Mipmip

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
1-star review posted by taler:
Probably the worst corruption game I've ever played. The UI doesn't scale to resolution so it looks absolutely tiny on my screen, can't read anything without squinting.

The story makes no sense / barely exists. The gameplay is very very repetitive. The girl is annoying as heck and isn't appealing at all. The game only has like 10 images in total.
This member is an idiot, and his review is grossly unfair.

The resolution is adjustable from Unity's configuration screen, which is what you first see when you launch the game. I play at full HD resolution and the UI does scale, so nothing is tiny and everything is very readable.

This game is a trainer, not a VN. As such, it has enough story to justify what happens in the game and tie everything together. And repetitive play (aka grinding) is something that all trainers have. Shame that this player is too stupid to understand the difference between a trainer and a VN.

If he only saw 10 images it's because he didn't play enough of the game to trigger more scenes. There are a lot more images than just 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

The resolution is adjustable from Unity's configuration screen, which is what you first see when you launch the game. I play at full HD resolution and the UI does scale, so nothing is tiny and everything is very readable.

This game is a trainer, not a VN. As such, it has enough story to justify what happens in the game and tie everything together. And repetitive play (aka grinding) is something that all trainers have. Shame that this player is too stupid to understand the difference between a trainer and a VN.

If he only saw 10 images it's because he didn't play enough of the game to trigger more scenes. There are a lot more images than just 10.
He missed the point of the game, people will.

Some people are expecting a slut trainer when they play something like this so technically he's right, it is a terrible corruption game considering what the actual goal is.

Fixing a broken marriage is pretty much the opposite of what corruption games go for.

The plot either flew over his head or he just didn't understand it but judging by the 10 image comment I doubt he played much.

taler

Oct 5, 2017

No such config shows up for me, can't drag the edges to resize. No controls to bring up the config anywhere, looks bad on my 5K screen.

Are you saying a trainer is a VN with a bad story and grind? That's not at all the case.

Even if there's like 20 images it hardly changes the point. Something like jack of nine tails has like 2000.

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
No such config shows up for me, can't drag the edges to resize. No controls to bring up the config anywhere, looks bad on my 5K screen.

Are you saying a trainer is a VN with a bad story and grind? That's not at all the case.

Even if there's like 20 images it hardly changes the point. Something like jack of nine tails has like 2000.
The config should show up anytime you start a Unity game. if it doesn't you might wanna troubleshoot that, could potentially cause problems with other games as well.

So you're complaining that a small h-game made by one person doesn't support a resolution many games by big studios don't support because it's uncommon?

He said that this game is NOT a VN. Meaning scenes can occur multiple times, because it isn't (entirely) linear. Trainers also typically don't focus on story as much as VNs, being more sandbox in nature. How did you get that out of his comment?

As for your comparison to jack-O-Nine, yeah no shit, that game has thousands of stolen assets, while this ones are made specifically for this game.
Nothing against jack-O-Nine, but that comparison is complete BS.

Somehow you managed to complain that the game isn't more like J-O-NT, while also complaining that the game is grindy too repetetive.
Please tell me you're a troll, and not just an idiot.

Reactions: SamHaim and AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
taler, have you played any other Unity-based games? If you're not seeing a configuration window pop up when you launch the game you probably have a problem with your game's installation, which puts the burden on you. The game itself works just fine at all resolutions up to 2k, because I've been able to test that myself. I can't test 4k or higher because I don't have a panel that goes that high.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
The config should show up anytime you start a Unity game. if it doesn't you might wanna troubleshoot that, could potentially cause problems with other games as well.

So you're complaining that a small h-game made by one person doesn't support a resolution many games by big studios don't support because it's uncommon?
I'm complaining that there's no obvious way to bring up the config once you close it. Unity does support my resolution as I play plenty of unity games.

He said that this game is NOT a VN. Meaning scenes can occur multiple times, because it isn't (entirely) linear. Trainers also typically don't focus on story as much as VNs, being more sandbox in nature. How did you get that out of his comment?
I'm saying sandbox games do not have to have basic stories. For example Stationmaster which is VERY sandbox-y has excellent stories, if this game had writing quality like that game it would've gotten another star.

As for your comparison to jack-O-Nine, yeah no shit, that game has thousands of stolen assets, while this ones are made specifically for this game.
Nothing against jack-O-Nine, but that comparison is complete BS.

Somehow you managed to complain that the game isn't more like J-O-NT, while also complaining that the game is grindy too repetetive.
Please tell me you're a troll, and not just an idiot.
It's just specifically to point out the quantity of art. jont is like a 3/5 for me. It's also repetitive and grindy but you have to admit that it has much more complex and interesting systems in its grind right? Is that not worth an extra star at least?

As a player who, as you can tell by my participation on this forum, doesn't give a damn about stolen assets my experience is hugely improved by a large variety of art and the sheer effort in its world building and creating diverse characters.

Is that not worth another star?

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
taler, have you played any other Unity-based games? If you're not seeing a configuration window pop up when you launch the game you probably have a problem with your game's installation, which puts the burden on you. The game itself works just fine at all resolutions up to 2k, because I've been able to test that myself. I can't test 4k or higher because I don't have a panel that goes that high.
I have tried this game before way back and might've selected to not bring up the config again months back. My complaint is mostly that there's no way back after that. But ultimately this is minor and didn't really factor into my score.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm saying sandbox games do not have basic stories. For example Stationmaster which is VERY sandbox-y has excellent stories, if this game had writing quality like that game it would've gotten another star.
I don't mean to be rude ... this time ... but you called it a corruption game in your review so I don't think you quite got the story that was being told.

The tag is there for some reason and certain things that happen in game certainly do give that illusion but this is miles away from being a corruption game.

The whole thing revolves around fixing their marriage and understanding where they went wrong. It's very much the exact opposite of a corruption game.

Probably not your thing but you dismissed the story seemingly without knowing it.

Reactions: AWolfe

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I don't mean to be rude ... this time ... but you called it a corruption game in your review so I don't think you quite got the story that was being told.

The tag is there for some reason and certain things that happen in game certainly do give that illusion but this is miles away from being a corruption game.

The whole thing revolves around fixing their marriage and understanding where they went wrong. It's very much the exact opposite of a corruption game.

Probably not your thing but you dismissed the story seemingly without knowing it.
I chose slave and the story I experienced with very basic, very little pathos. I don't mind a whole thing around fixing their marriage but I didn't feel that. It was, give massages, make out, grab boobs, and all of a sudden she's calling me master. Maybe there's more to it if you select other choices, I don't know, but what I saw was very basic.

Edit: I don't know how to explain this, it's not the subject matter it's just that the storytelling itself is very low level. These games need to create a huge amount of empathy for the girl and it just does not do that. This game is also not that sandboxy and is in fact kinda linear. Try experiencing the writing in a game like New Beijing and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018
Unfortunately I have no experience with Slackware myself. Is the error message any more detailed than what you wrote? If not, can you try to run the game with Valgrind or gdb to see if the backtrace tells you some more? It is memory related somehow, but it's hard to pinpoint the exact reason you're getting the error without more detailed logging.

You can try raising the maximum numbers of mappings per process (Try sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=26214 for example) to see if that does it. Also be sure to use a recent version of glibc and a recent kernel.
Exactly that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
I don't mind a whole thing around fixing their marriage but I didn't feel that. It was, give massages, make out, grab boobs, and all of a sudden she's calling me master. Maybe there's more to it if you select other choices, I don't know, but what I saw was very basic.

it's not the subject matter it's just that the storytelling itself is very low level.
That is exactly where I disagree with you. Yeah, what you do in the sandbox part of the game is pretty basic, I agree. But look between the lines. What you do. You spend (ingame)hours and hundreds of dollars to learn how to read your wife better. You start working out, not because the story told you to work out, but through game mechanics. To get her points up you spend more time with her. In turn, your wife starts to reflect on how she has treated you. There are a ton of subtleties regarding how their relationship deteriorated. They never have a big talk about it that solves everything. And as you grwo closer, there are a lot of subtleties regarding how close they once were. I call that good storytelling.

there are definitley enough options to experiment with so it's not just "give massages, make out, grab boobs,", and if you didn't explore them, that's not the game's fault. I assume you didn't because of your 10 pictures comment. There's 31 unique pictures for scenes, and that's being strict with what constitutes a unique picture.

Now, it's not perfect, the BDSM aspect of their relationship felt pretty forced, and way too sudden, I absolutely agree, although some of the wife's more subtle actions do show some amount of submissive tendencies, before the "Master" turn.
The game has pacing issues, the ending is debatable, and it does get a repetetive. But 1 Star? Bullshit.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Exactly that:
There seems to be a few other Linux users having similar issues with Unity games, but none of the threads I found had a solution. Other than that, the debug logs didn't tell me anything obvious (someone with more expertise might see something) Your computer seems to support both DX10 and SSE2, so it should be running Unity games. There might be something in Mip's code that makes the game crash instantly for you, but since the game runs perfectly for me (like most Unity games) there's a big chance there's something with your software or hardware configuration. Windows builds of Unity games normally runs on Wine + dxvk, so you could try that. Or you could possibly try running the game with another distro using a live usb. Unfortunately that's the only suggestions I have, as long as you're sure you have updated all packages etc to the latest that Slackware has to offer.

(The dev might be able to get more information about the crash if he's willing/able to send you a debug/development build)

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Mipmip what are the plans for Your next game?
All I can say right now is that it's going to be different mechanically from Bell Master (though I'll likely use something similar for dynamic sex scenes). And it's going to have more than one woman.
I'm trying out several new pieces of tech that should allow me to make more complex animations and other fun things. I currently have two artists I'm trying out, working on concept art for the first woman.
I'll write up a proper roadmap in the near future. But initial release is still rather far away at the moment.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
What Mip just posted is all that's been mentioned publicly about the new game anywhere (I was in the middle of searching when he posted). He's given me more info about the new game in PM, as I'm a quasi-member of his dev team, but I'm not at liberty to divulge what he's told me in private unless he tells me it's okay.

4.10 star(s) 43 Votes