4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Quick progress report:
Work on v3 is going strong. The bell mechanic is shaping up much better. Giving a sense of progression and value for training without being too OP (I think, testing still ahead). hopefully this will be the last iteration over it's design.
I've also been working on adding some character traits to the wife. Through adding random events, improving some of the current texts (a lot further to go on that front). And of course adding more interaction options.
Commissioned Sowilo again for some more art. which should make it into the coming version.

All in all I anticipate the version to be ready in about 2.5 weeks.

Reactions: pcg50 and wep

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Progress report:
Started the long process of expanding and improving existing dialogs. This will be a multi version process and will likely continue until the game hits version 1.0.0 . The way I see it, I'll build the choices skeleton first, and then go over adding meat on those bones as I go. Basically, wherever you see a single-line dry description of an action, you can assume I'll beef that up in a future version. Either through dialog, CG, or animation.

I also did a whole bunch of under the hood work. I won't bore you with the tech stuff, but a great many bugs have been squashed.

I've now got both Chris and Sowilo delivering art for the new version, So it's not all going to be invisible engine improvements, I promise :)

My time going forward will be spent mostly on improving and expanding existing dialogs.
Expected Release time remains near the end of the month.

Sploop

Nov 13, 2017
Nice to see you working on this quite eagerly.
I really like the surprisingly tame idea of fixing your marriage (even with the slightly nefarious use of pavlovian conditioning).

Really looking forward to the next release, keep at it.

Reactions: mitjo

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Version 0.0.3.0 is up! OP updated.

A quick note about this update: sadly, 2 major art pieces for this version were not completed in time. I decided to release the version without them (and their related content) because a) I feel there's enough other content added to justify a play through and b) I did a lot of under the hood engine work. which means I can really use as many people playing the game and reporting bugs as I can get to squash any bugs that may have been created.

I will spend the next couple of days collecting bug reports and fixing whatever pops up, my hope is that the art will be ready in time for the bug fix version. if not, I'll roll it into version 0.0.4.

Hope you guys like it. As usual, feedback is very welcome.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
So, here's what's going on.
The latest version has served two purposes.
1) it helped me flesh out the mechanics of the game to a point where I'm satisfied with them.
2) it sadly marked a step backwards for me as I've allowed feature and content creep to derail me into a larger content scope than I can realistically finish.

What I'm doing now is going back to the drawing board regarding content. Reworking and streamlining the stats and progression. filling out the finer details of all the actions. And editing out a lot of the distractions.
This process will take some time. So it will likely take a while until another update is released. I've made this post to make clear that this is not me abandoning the project, it's me taking the time to edit the project scope so I can actually finish it in reasonable time.

As usual, your feedback is welcome.

Panchiman

Jul 16, 2017
The idea of his I liked very much, I am looking forward the release of version 0.4.
Srry for my english, greetings from Argentina

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Glad to hear it.
Super quick update. V0.4 is shaping up nicely. But it will still take at least a month (likely more) until it's ready. The editing process I mentioned earlier took up most of my time. But its now mostly done and so I'm moving forward with active development.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Alright, update time.
As expected for projects like this, I ran into the ever existing flaky artist issue. Just another reminder of why I don't have a patreon at this stage.
I didn't want to say anything until I had the issue resolved. So, while it took longer than I would have liked, I'm happy to report that I found a replacement artist to commission.
My focus right now is on catching up and delivering a version with enough content to justify the long wait. It'll still be a while.
For now, here's a teaser version of some new art.
tease.png

R

raulecreuset

Do you have some intention to insert impregnation or risky days system ?

Sploop

Nov 13, 2017
I still absolutely love the concept behind this and dig the new art.
Amazing to see you so devoted to this even without a patreon up and running. Obviously things are slow, but I can't and won't ask for more than I get, considering this is all just your heartblood right now.

Hope things continue to shape up nicely, kudos to you in any case.

Raze05

Oct 27, 2017
Also really digging the new art. Been following this thread since a few months back so it's nice that we finally got an update.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Do you have some intention to insert impregnation or risky days system ?
Not at the moment. Any references to pregnancy, if at all, will be part of the ending(s) of the game.

Also really digging the new art. Been following this thread since a few months back so it's nice that we finally got an update.
Glad you like it. Took a while to find a competent artist. hopefully it's worth the time spent.

Any news about new version?
The bulk of the creative work is done. I'm currently in the play-through and fix bugs phase of development. A lot of changes happened since the last version so many events have fallen out of sequence and need to be reworked. It's mostly mechanical work but is fairly time consuming. The plan is to get this version out during this month, but no promises.

On a personal note, I'd just like to say that seeing you guys still interested despite the lack of recent updates really helps keep the motivation up, so... thanks :)

whynothere

Apr 26, 2017
I want to throw out that I'm interested, too! I generally lurk but this is one of the few threads I subscribe to on here.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
As you know, it's been quite a while since the last version.
In this time I managed to work out a direction for the game that would be fun for you to play (hopefully) but also realistic for me to make in the time I have available. I've also had to find some new artists to commission and had the minor distraction of getting married.
Since all that is done, I expect updates to become more regular moving forward.
And so with that out of the way, I'm happy to deliver to you guys version 0.0.4 of Bell Master.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Old saves are not supported in this version.

There shouldn't be any game breaking bugs, but if you find anything, please report it either here or in a PM, it really does help a lot.

4.10 star(s) 43 Votes