4.10 star(s) 43 Votes

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
ok, so I have to start a new game cause I deleted that folder
I'm sorry to hear that. You can hit 'c' in game to make the repeat easier. You will still have to unlock stats at the old man manually and repeat the minor-stats training events (stress and arousal) though.

Jdubya

Jul 7, 2017
Love the update but can't get image 7 (sometimes it's terrifying) to unlock in the gallery. I'm guessing it's a continuation of the dance scene, but I've gotten image 8 already, and have tried all of the options at the club. Any spoiler help would be appreciated. Have Devotion maxed at 7, sexuality at 9, and all of the other training elements unlocked.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Love the update but can't get image 7 (sometimes it's terrifying) to unlock in the gallery. I'm guessing it's a continuation of the dance scene, but I've gotten image 8 already, and have tried all of the options at the club. Any spoiler help would be appreciated. Have Devotion maxed at 7, sexuality at 9, and all of the other training elements unlocked.
Thanks! That's actually a bug.
That image unlocks if you do the dancing date without maxing out sexuality (sexuality < 8). It's a variant of the image you already unlocked. And should have unlocked once you got the other variant (since you can't go down in levels).
It should be fixed in the next update. For now, you can use the cheat menu to bring your sexuality down to 7 and run the date again.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!
I'm happy to inform you that despite starting a new day job and all that I still find the time to work on the game. So it's officially not dead(TM). It's been the holiday season here so my work schedule has been a little erratic.
Like I mentioned last time, I've moved to a two month release cycle, so it'll still be about a month until the next version is out.
I've mostly been putting in work towards new plot and date scenes for the upcoming version. BDOne is working on some nice images to go with those scenes and Chris is at work on some new outfits.
Arguably more importantly, I finally managed to improve the rendering pipeline, which means the large in game images (and down the line, all the in game art) will stop looking so choppy. This has the added benefit of slightly reducing the time it takes to load the game. Though it's still way too long.
Here's a little look into the level of improvement:
sideBySide2.PNG

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I'm happy to present Bell Master version 0.7.0!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ongoing quality of life improvements:

Full screen images rendering quality improved. This will be applied to all images in the future.

Saves and gallery unlock data are now placed in a persistent path. That means that any NEW saves will no longer need to be transferred between install folders when the game is updated. Please note, you will still need to copy over your saves and gallery file from the last install folder to this version. Overwriting old saves using version 0.7 will apply this change to them as well.

As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!
I've been working hard on v0.8 and things are going well. This update has a nice mix of animation, writing and engine optimization so it's been fun to work on.
Speaking of engine optimization, I've focused my efforts on reducing the games' loading time. Continuing work from the previous two versions. So far v0.8 is loading about 3 times as fast as v0.0.5 did. I'll continue working on it. I'm hoping to get it below 5 seconds on my ancient potato dev machine. But I'm already very happy with the improvements.
BDOne is again on board and responsible for art for the 5th date. It's looking really good so far.

Due to some kind feedback, I've restructured the features plan a bit to deliver some more late game actions in the coming version. Did I mention I encourage feedback? :) Reviews really help keep the motivation up (or focus on what needs improving). Bug and typo reports help too.

This version should be ready around late December. I'll update with a more concrete date closer to release.

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
@Mipmip I enjoyed this game, especially the interrelated / lockstepped attributes. Good concept. The wife is actually pretty hot and so is some of the the art, although the faces in the cafe handjob scene are poor imo.

I'm not sure what your target for gameplay time is, but I thought it was too quick to get her levels up. It seems all you really need to do is increase your stamina and then you can easily get her wherever you need her. Maybe make each successive level take more work to achieve? (Although then you'd need more content at each level...)

Anyway, fun game, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Reactions: mitjo

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
@disimulated Glad you liked it!

Yeah, once I'm done with the main story elements, I'll do a round of polishing and improve what's already there. The café date images are definitely on the list for that. Though it'll probably be a few more versions till I get there.

Regarding her quick progression, I'll likely tweak the numbers once everything is in place to reflect what's available to explore in each level. It should hopefully make the progression feel more natural. It's still going to be a small (i.e. short) game overall.

Thanks for the feedback!

whynothere

Apr 26, 2017
Do you have plans to do more with the clothing system? At the moment you can make her wear a variety of outfits, but they don't seem to have a lot of effect. It'd be nice if you could take her on dates/walks with the outfit you've chosen, or send her to work that way.

Reactions: Daba

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
The short answer is: not soon.
The clothing system is one of the things I had to scale back to keep the game manageable way back at version 0.0.4. So I know it feels a little anemic at the moment. Once I'm done with the main story (about 4 – 5 versions from now according to the current plan) I'll take a crack at making outfits more permanent and impactful. That's far into the future though so no promises.

Reactions: whynothere

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
The short answer is: not soon.
The clothing system is one of the things I had to scale back to keep the game manageable way back at version 0.0.4. So I know it feels a little anemic at the moment. Once I'm done with the main story (about 4 – 5 versions from now according to the current plan) I'll take a crack at making outfits more permanent and impactful. That's far into the future though so no promises.
I like the idea of dressing her up, but to do that you're going to need to plan the scenes in such a way that the clothing can be easily swapped on and off of her. You're either going to need to re-use poses in multiple scenes or make a lot of poses for each piece of clothing.

I do like being able to dress her up at home though. I'm a fan of the croptop and hotpants getup.

Edit: Actually, I may be more of a fan of how *she* dresses herself as I get her more trained.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
you're going to need to plan the scenes in such a way that the clothing can be easily swapped on and off of her. You're either going to need to re-use poses in multiple scenes or make a lot of poses for each piece of clothing.
Yup, that's the challenge exactly. Which is why I make no promises regarding this type of content right now. But my thoughts are that some other outfit related features should be more doable. Like allowing players to add custom outfits to her roster permanently, or a somewhat reactive "wear this to work today" action.

I may be more of a fan of how *she* dresses herself as I get her more trained.
Glad you like it. That's actually a relatively simple system to expand on, I'll... see what I can do about it :)

Reactions: mitjo

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!
It's been a rather productive couple of weeks. Got All the art for this version in. Wrote a bunch of scenes. And squashed some long standing bugs. I'm now finishing up some minor tasks and moving to the testing phase for this version. Barring any unforeseen complications, it should be ready around the 15th. Which is a week ahead of schedule! I hope you don't mind the slightly early Christmas references :)
After that I will be taking a quick planned vacation so we'll sync right back to the regular two month release cycle.
Oh, and the old man finally got some art, hope you like it:

oldguy.png

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Update time!
It's been a rather productive couple of weeks...
I like everything about this post except for "right back to the regular two month release cycle" lol.

Happy to hear you've had such a productive couple of weeks, and good to see Freud finally get his portrait done.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next release.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I like everything about this post except for "right back to the regular two month release cycle" lol.
Yeah, I know. But since I don't have a patreon (and honestly, even if I had one I doubt I could quit my day job), it's what I can handle at the moment. It allows me the time to get things done, react to feedback, add some bonus unplanned features, and do crazy things like release versions early.

Oh, speaking of that. version 0.8.0 is out early! See the updated OP :)

While this version should be stable, I've released it early under the assumption that a hot fix version may have to follow soon after. A lot has changed under the hood, it's possible I missed some bugs.

Saves and gallery unlocks from v0.7.0 should transfer to the new version automatically, saves from older versions will need to be copied over to the game folder.

As usual, bug reports, reviews and general feedback are very welcome.

surpurdurd

Nov 21, 2018
Yo, this game is dope. I'm learning unity myself, and I'm not an artist in the slightest. This is almost exactly the type of game I want to make, although with a wider scope of targets, and more of a corruption theme...

Do you have a patreon or anything? I'd love to learn more about your process/background.

Also, I know somebody mentioned an android version over on Reddit, but I'd also be interested in a Mac version if you're able. I use a mac, and some unity.exe games work in the wine program I have... Anyway, I'd love to bug test for Mac if you're interested.

Reactions: Cul and Mipmip

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Do you have a patreon or anything? I'd love to learn more about your process/background.
I'd love to bug test for Mac if you're interested.
Glad you liked the game!
I don't have a patreon. I will eventually get around to posting a post mortem for the game here (after I reach version 1.0), but since that's several months into the future, if you want to talk shop before that, feel free to message me.

I've actually been looking for a reliable mac tester for a while now, I'll get in touch with you about it.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Bell Master v0.8.1 is out!

The main thing added in this version is Android support.
It also fixes some minor bugs for both PC and Android.
So if you're on PC and haven't encountered any bugs with v0.8.0, you can probably skip this update.

This version only offers basic Android support, so the UI is a little twitchy with touch controls and you can't pull up the cheat menu (without a keyboard). But it is playable.
Naturally, if you try the Android version and something doesn't work, please let me know.

Reactions: cvbn28c and Daba
4.10 star(s) 43 Votes