RPGM Below the Fold [Ep.5 R3 SASH] [iLTinoBambino]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Best princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
Regarding the black screen when talking to club boss, it seems if you're in a state where both the ring event and the "go back to roma" event are available, first visit will be Roma event downstairs, but ring event upstairs, and second one vice versa - ring talk downstairs and Roma event upstars, but with black screen. Seems to work if I did the Roma event before the ring one became available.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I've seen the rainbow area, but that only led to Amber meeting Parker, as far as the story goes. Am I missing something?

I also have no idea what "the ring" is.
theres like a big flashback here: flashback.png

OMG the double doors arent supposed to enterable until the end of a questline basically, BUT
i "unlocked" those doors early to debug something and then never locked them.

basically the thinking is anyone can access the first message in the tower, so the second step (the blood test,) its like a contingency plan, so if the "grand plan" is working then Amber is at home alive and GABs grow in Cliffton based on what Maple did in the past, but if it doesnt work then Amber fails the second step (the blood test) and has to go to Brazil (where it's safe) to get more fruit where Dita (who knows the truth) can help, BUT in this timeline the fruit is growing around Cliffton so the plan must still be working, right?

so the chain is golden gates OR suicidal ideation at the end of ep2 > behind house > roger's (with GABs) > behind house (blood test) > 7th street (near pizza place, past the dealership on the left side of "The Hollow," the underpass area (find out Boss and Gray are involved with the special quest) > the club (receive ring but no answers) > behind house > storm drain > mines

and then this isnt really spoilers imo, i deliberately foreshadow this connection several ways but most obviously with the "slut flashlight" at the end of the Maple sex scene in the mines, where the image of Amber at the end is the same image as when Parker and her meet but with the cheek SLUT added... but in the next update you'll take Parker into the mines under the pretense of helping him with his documentary about abandoned places, which will allow you to bypass the homeless guy with the "buddy system" which is how you'll be able to access the "puzzles" to "wind the clock, baby." And the context of "wind the clock, baby" is fully handled by the Maple ep4 content and the 16yo Amber about to give her first blowjob scenes (totally legal and worksafe lol obviously) and also I explain what the ring is right after Dom goes to sleep in the past "alpha site"

This stuff is actually the first stuff I wrote lol, like I started in the future era of chrono trigger essentially and realized it was more interesting if I started at the start of the 21st century and letting this stuff inform the plot in the background for the first two episodes... but then I put the golden gates quest proc in just to prove the intention was always to have her parents be the ones who founded the town as a metaphor for generational wealth BUT then that was so unconsciously cool that everyone got frustrated that that wasnt the whole plot the whole time lol BUT BUT BUT we finally got there (almost) so bam!

The whole scenario is more or less set up now and I can develop the sandbox going forward being able to have Amber basically appear anywhere in any costume at any time because she has been given, essentially, the messianic power to be in several places at once.

Like a Batman situation, suspension of disbelief wont be broken by time constraints anymore because theres no reason to queston Amber jumping off a building or popping out of a manhole into a scene, the reality of the game has reached a post-continuity state. (oh and this is why the episode subtitle is "Fuck my Orange Clockwork Pussy ; Fuck my Omni- Consumer Product" OCP is the company that makes Robocop, and then orange clockwork pussy as opposed to blue clockwork pussy.) Juxtaposition alert, hybrid outcome.

In metaphor and in gameplay, lol.

I've spent alot of time on tvtropes.

Last edited:

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
So some random bugs - entering the arcade area after going there with mohawk guy keeps repeating the dialogue that you get when exiting it after the proper arcade event with him (spore attack something something). Interacting with the circle that offers you 7th or Marciano as options in the storm drains leaves you stuck if you interact from the side (in front of the ladder). Teacher can be visited for the ambulance event before she's fired. The monologue when trying to call her with the phone is still available after the ambulance event. I can go to Roger to fetch him for the "blowjob training" before I go to Roma to even find out about it, or even before club boss tells me to go there.

I assume both Megan and Mathis quests continue once I get Liam and the model dude to "blowjob training"? Since they're in progress with no other way to continue them.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
So some random bugs - entering the arcade area after going there with mohawk guy keeps repeating the dialogue that you get when exiting it after the proper arcade event with him (spore attack something something). Interacting with the circle that offers you 7th or Marciano as options in the storm drains leaves you stuck if you interact from the side (in front of the ladder). Teacher can be visited for the ambulance event before she's fired. The monologue when trying to call her with the phone is still available after the ambulance event. I can go to Roger to fetch him for the "blowjob training" before I go to Roma to even find out about it, or even before club boss tells me to go there.

I assume both Megan and Mathis quests continue once I get Liam and the model dude to "blowjob training"? Since they're in progress with no other way to continue them.

Yeah i dont have a single quest that ends properly in the questlog do I lol?

Theres nothing after the blowjob for Liam but there is a scene with Derek (model) after the blowjob, which also stars Megan coincidentally.

oh that sewer ladder bug is a good catch ty same with visiting the teacher early. ill close off arcade too.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
theres like a big flashback here: View attachment 2482303
When I go there, it looks like this:

blocked.png

Either it hasn't opened or it has been completed and closed.

I did stumble into a flashback somewhere around here (coming from the city and just kinda wandering but I don't recall there being a rainbow) where Amber recalls a time back in Brazil where she and her Brazilian friend are talking about his initiation ceremony/some kind of orgy which she wants to see. They run around for some reason, then, when they part (to compete against each other in something?), the flashback ends. No blue people.

If that wasn't the flashback that comes from this cave, then I don't know how to open the cave. Note also that my picture has the vine going down to the sewers from the cave, if that's a clue.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Okay, mention of "behind the house" made me check the back yard (no reason to do so earlier) and... well, that's a pretty big thing to miss.

Problem, though. When I get to the bottom of the shaft, I'm in this room:

terminal.png

Amber won't give the blood sample, the door has no power (presumably because of the terminal) and Amber won't leave the room via the vines because she wants to stay and explore... what? This seems to be a dead end, unless I am missing something.

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
Amber won't give the blood sample, the door has no power (presumably because of the terminal) and Amber won't leave the room via the vines because she wants to stay and explore... what? This seems to be a dead end, unless I am missing something.
Did you select "The only authority you need." and then read the message it revealed?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Did you select "The only authority you need." and then read the message it revealed?
Thanks. Not being capitalized like the other choices, I thought that it was a title, not a choice. Shows you how assumptions bite the ass.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
How many bulbs does Roger need? There's no task to tell me, and Roger won't do anything with the nine I've found.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
How many bulbs does Roger need? There's no task to tell me, and Roger won't do anything with the nine I've found.
He takes 10 which leads to one piece of dialogue that's like the final hint to what's going on, along with the malcolm e4 date, which has additional dialogue if the player has the ring after interacting with the love stone thing during the story scene. There are 9 bulbs in the mine lol which ISNT broken as long as the clocks are glowing.

I literally answered like every inch of the last page assuming you had seen that terminal entry in the Tower lol that was a key piece of understanding all the maple stuff.

AND i wrote that whole thing right as Outlander came out so it was not influenced by that in any way its just a really hilarious coincidence. I loved Battlestar Galactica (Ronald D Moore of BSG made Outlander which is a show about rape and false paternity on Starz network about time traveling nurse who falls in love with a handsome bisexual warrior in the late renaissance) so like, lol I smoked the same crack as RDM for sure.

uh btw Outlander is a really good show its literally like Fire Emblem Awakenings with NTR like they even have Lucina come to the past with some time travel shenanigans so she can take part in the most rapey show on TV, it's insane

and they made the adult daughter who comes from the future have red hair. i definitely smoked the same crack as their writers room. they introduced this character like 3 years after i released BtF too so like verifiably none of this shit was in my head when I wrote my storyline.

giphy.gif

honestly, detective pikachu made me feel so happy about my choices i love intrepid nancy drew ass shit. put a little blazer on and solve a mystery.

Last edited:

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
I'm not sure if there's anything else to do. Each "quest" at their current state:

Club - got access to VIP area, encountered principal, planted camera. Something like "end episode" popped on the screen but I have no idea what to do next, nothing further seems to trigger in club. Got the Ambrosia for Roger. Only thing I can think of is the "skip to ep 4" car at home, but the word "skip" leads me to believe it should somehow trigger naturally too?

Golden gates - got ring, told to "wind the clock", followed clock thingies and blue ghosts and found a "house of horror", but I reach a dude in the dungeon where she's like "I'm not showing myself like this, I need to use the buddy system" or "maybe I missed something in the previous area".

School - showed new lit teacher tits, apparently I don't need to see him again yet. Blackmailed teacher told me about the footage, asked Kitten for "advice" where one would hide blackmail evidence, haven't noticed anything that would follow it. Fired teacher back from hospital, nothing to do there anymore. Did art cleaning events, I guess it's intended that there were no events with Amber modelling.

Arcade - stabby stabby, I suppose that's the end of it. Megan - nothing beyond meeting his brother once, sucking him off, and running around together with Derek.

Based on changelog - done the Liam, Malcolm, Derek, flashback. No idea about ep4, new maple episode, Roy, Parker, and not entirely sure which part the NTR set up refers to. The new dates were pretty fun to read. Think I saw some CG for parts that didn't have it before as well, which was nice. Probably still missing a bunch of stuff, but don't want to jump ahead with "skip to ep4" unless I know I'm *supposed* to use that.

I just added a screenshot of the world map to hopefully alleviate some of your concerns. RPG Maker maps frustrate the hell out of me too. Thats why I put everything off of a central road, and disabled collision on most objects so you never have to move more than 20 or so grid spaces from one location to the next, and never find yourself stuck between a lamp post and a wandering NPC.
Honestly, like 90% of RenPy games have far worse navigation than an RPG maker map could ever be. I always have zero spatial awareness in them and even if there's just like 5 locations and arrows on the screen, I end up looping through 3-4 locations 10 times before I find the fifth because they make the arrows point in nonsensical directions. And I'd always take a short "walk" to somewhere than click a label or arrow to teleport there assuming it doesn't take a lot of time.

I actually like how you run through a million small maps in this game, it kinda feels like exploration, especially if there are "side areas" with stuff happening or just random events/easter eggs.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I'm not sure if there's anything else to do. Each "quest" at their current state:

Club - got access to VIP area, encountered principal, planted camera. Something like "end episode" popped on the screen but I have no idea what to do next, nothing further seems to trigger in club. Got the Ambrosia for Roger. Only thing I can think of is the "skip to ep 4" car at home, but the word "skip" leads me to believe it should somehow trigger naturally too?

Golden gates - got ring, told to "wind the clock", followed clock thingies and blue ghosts and found a "house of horror", but I reach a dude in the dungeon where she's like "I'm not showing myself like this, I need to use the buddy system" or "maybe I missed something in the previous area".

School - showed new lit teacher tits, apparently I don't need to see him again yet. Blackmailed teacher told me about the footage, asked Kitten for "advice" where one would hide blackmail evidence, haven't noticed anything that would follow it. Fired teacher back from hospital, nothing to do there anymore. Did art cleaning events, I guess it's intended that there were no events with Amber modelling.

Arcade - stabby stabby, I suppose that's the end of it. Megan - nothing beyond meeting his brother once, sucking him off, and running around together with Derek.

Based on changelog - done the Liam, Malcolm, Derek, flashback. No idea about ep4, new maple episode, Roy, Parker, and not entirely sure which part the NTR set up refers to. The new dates were pretty fun to read. Think I saw some CG for parts that didn't have it before as well, which was nice. Probably still missing a bunch of stuff, but don't want to jump ahead with "skip to ep4" unless I know I'm *supposed* to use that.

Honestly, like 90% of RenPy games have far worse navigation than an RPG maker map could ever be. I always have zero spatial awareness in them and even if there's just like 5 locations and arrows on the screen, I end up looping through 3-4 locations 10 times before I find the fifth because they make the arrows point in nonsensical directions. And I'd always take a short "walk" to somewhere than click a label or arrow to teleport there assuming it doesn't take a lot of time.

I actually like how you run through a million small maps in this game, it kinda feels like exploration, especially if there are "side areas" with stuff happening or just random events/easter eggs.
ty ty for all this

uh, Ep4 is doing 5 blowjobs and 2 lapdances > Roma's office > club > underground entrance to club is your camera in a glowing backpack sprite > the black wig on the left side of the club dressing room. that starts the end of episode 3 and episode 4 starts right after.

so youre missing stuff but i think you probably got all the free roam stuff, the rest of it is on rails

Pursuant to the art storyline she was always intended to not take the job as a high school student and then do it later during the class's "sculpture unit" because I thought that was more compelling and way more of these scenes have been for painting/sketching so I wanted to do mine a bit different. And its also kind of a comment on the nature of the onset of adulthood.

full disclosure i got my GED in 10th grade and then went to university

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
He takes 10 which leads to one piece of dialogue that's like the final hint to what's going on, along with the malcolm e4 date, which has additional dialogue if the player has the ring after interacting with the love stone thing during the story scene. There are 9 bulbs in the mine lol which ISNT broken as long as the clocks are glowing.
Now I'm totally confused. I have 9 bulbs; IIRC 6 from outside the mansion and 3 from the room at the bottom of the backyard shaft. I couldn't find any others.

Is the mine that area that freezes when I enter, with the naked Maple walking animation?

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Now I'm totally confused. I have 9 bulbs; IIRC 6 from outside the mansion and 3 from the room at the bottom of the backyard shaft. I couldn't find any others.

Is the mine that area that freezes when I enter, with the naked Maple walking animation?
Oh uh theres some under the club in the storm drain connect, where you pick up Amber's camera, and some in the school front that I forgot about until just now lol

And visiting the terminal in the tower one time with the ring should open the mines. There will be a glowing clock image besides the mine door if its safe to enter.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Now even more confused. Just wandering around looking for Easter eggs, I wandered into the pizza place and suddenly events started to fire. Met Roger there and he made the ambrosia (plus later BJ scene). Back to computer in the pit behind the house, got the first message. Did the ring quest. Back to the terminal, and now supposed to "wind the clock" so followed the clocks until I got to the cave where the game had previously hung up on the "Maple in negligee," and it hung up again.

Now, the reason for my confusion was that I didn't do any of this by design. At one point the game noted that I had completed the task about ambrosia, but I never had that task. Maybe the start of the ambrosia task is missing? I had no idea that Roger was found through the pizza place; it was pure serendipity that I went back there (I'd been earlier and nothing had happened). Visiting with Roger in the club just had him ask if Amber had the ambrosia bulbs and her saying no... I didn't even know why he was asking, because nothing had taken me to see him in the Pizza place yet.

The quest system needs to be tightened. Playtesting is the only way to reveal that, though, because playtesters won't have any assumptions about what players already know.

Reactions: TinoBambino
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes