RPGM Below the Fold [Ep.5 R3 SASH] [iLTinoBambino]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Best princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Okay, finished the "defeat Blue" quest. It was... much different than I expected and that it appeared to be at the start. Lots of variation in the different stages, and a much darker ending than expected. I was expecting lots of repetition of practice sessions but it wasn't there. They were all different, and some much longer and more involved than I had anticipated.

Your dialogue writing remains excellent, TB. That's a weakness of mine. I tend to just have them say the minimum and move on. Your dialogue is more natural and a bit rambling, like people really talk. The conversations with Cole are particularly well-done.

A few things I noticed, though. The mirrors in the private dance booth area are not meshed so you can walk through them and inside the walls. Also, when Amber gave Jack his birthday lap dance, she went into the right booth and he went into the center booth. They both acted as though they were in the same booth though.

I'm glad to see that this is continuing. I remain a big fan.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TinoBambino

twomd

Apr 28, 2018
im on my first playthrough but i seem to have encountered a bug :(
somewhere ( i think it was at the beach tanning event ) i have picked up a car that is following me everywhere ( like a team member )
i thought it was just a visible bug without consequences so i kept playing...
but now i am at the changing room of the Strip Club talking to that blue haired girl who asks me to get her clothes out of her locker. afterwards she tries to leave but the car following me blocks her path and the game is stuck -_-
does anyone have an idea how to get rid of that car ? or a save game that works at that point ?

here is my savegame if it helps:

*edit*

i also finished the defeat blue side quest and i think it didn't line up with the main quest. i saw characters that didn't make sense to me and i think only show up later in the game. ( at that point i didn't even enter the Strip Club )

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
In the free play version time sequences appear to be disabled, so you can have conversations in a quest with people you haven't properly met in a previous quest. It seems to be a testing mode.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Okay, finished the "defeat Blue" quest. It was... much different than I expected and that it appeared to be at the start. Lots of variation in the different stages, and a much darker ending than expected. I was expecting lots of repetition of practice sessions but it wasn't there. They were all different, and some much longer and more involved than I had anticipated.

Your dialogue writing remains excellent, TB. That's a weakness of mine. I tend to just have them say the minimum and move on. Your dialogue is more natural and a bit rambling, like people really talk. The conversations with Cole are particularly well-done.

A few things I noticed, though. The mirrors in the private dance booth area are not meshed so you can walk through them and inside the walls. Also, when Amber gave Jack his birthday lap dance, she went into the right booth and he went into the center booth. They both acted as though they were in the same booth though.

I'm glad to see that this is continuing. I remain a big fan.
I love you fr omg thank you for saying all that! I see what I did wrong in the Jack dance, that's fixed for next update. I didn't give Amber enough time to run fully to the right so she warps in to the private dance booths still moving right, and ends up in the wrong booth. Another few bugs and I'll hotfix now that I have a handful.

I'm really, really glad you keep specifically mentioning Cole because I had no idea if those experiences are relatable at all. I have no idea if Julien's experiences are relatable at all lol. I suspect Martin's experiences are relatable and that's why people hate him so much lol.

What are your favorite pieces of media? I want to know where you came from lol.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing lol, I do it that way on purpose because I know like half of players just use cheat engine to set their "perversion" stat to 100 (or use 100% save files) and just binge out every questline at once anyway, so I let it function that way by default. It's like I'm the writer and the director but YOU'RE the editor because I don't know what makes you cum and is competing for your time. "Time" is there so you can RP and so Cliffton can change around the player, but it doesn't get in Amber's way. Like if you want to do everything like it's a bottle episode around that one topic, go for it.

Oh, and what's with the ever-multiplying frappachinos in Amber's house?
1665335807569.png
There are "executive dysfunctions" on the other side of this and so-called gifted kids are mixed and matched. Is this a conspiracy theory? I think that the "absent minded professor" trope is mental illness in academia +time.

im on my first playthrough but i seem to have encountered a bug :(
somewhere ( i think it was at the beach tanning event ) i have picked up a car that is following me everywhere ( like a team member )
i thought it was just a visible bug without consequences so i kept playing...
but now i am at the changing room of the Strip Club talking to that blue haired girl who asks me to get her clothes out of her locker. afterwards she tries to leave but the car following me blocks her path and the game is stuck -_-
does anyone have an idea how to get rid of that car ? or a save game that works at that point ?
OK I just went a little overboard but I added a bunch of extra random checks to a few cutscenes that remove cars from the party. There's a save attached to this post where you can go straight to the club. Thank you for trying my game and for posting!

Last edited:

aussieblue

Jan 17, 2020
I'm stuck in the strip club. Its the first day in the club, I've done the drink-serving and gone downstairs and spoken to Harmony and fetched her bag. I click on the stairs to go back up to the bar and she says she doesn't think she should go upstairs completely naked. I've think I've clicked on pretty much everything that's down there so what have I missed?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Judging by the reactions to my last post, maybe everyone isn't getting this effect:

Frappachinos.png
Is this supposed to represent her just getting messier over time?

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I'm stuck in the strip club. Its the first day in the club, I've done the drink-serving and gone downstairs and spoken to Harmony and fetched her bag. I click on the stairs to go back up to the bar and she says she doesn't think she should go upstairs completely naked. I've think I've clicked on pretty much everything that's down there so what have I missed?
I did something wrong, and I see what I did wrong now. I'm gonna package this with every release going forward. either turn off switch 666 with this or warp to "Club Floor (17,4) from the foot of those stairs.

Judging by the reactions to my last post, maybe everyone isn't getting this effect:

View attachment 2093722
Is this supposed to represent her just getting messier over time?
For next release I'll change those graphics to make them look more like empty cups with whipped cream dregs. Plus the straws will *pop* more. It's because she wants to recycle them but she has to rinse them out first.

It's not a mess, it's like, ADHD adjacent. It was happening in the other releases (Martin clearing pizza boxes and a random distribution of trash) I just made it a little more accurate, which made it less invisible. To her mind those aren't messes because they're "sorted." Trash goes outside and it's by a door, the trash that comes in from outside (junk mail, cups, receipts, class handouts, etc.) stays close to outside, where trash goes. I need to make her sink full of dishes lol. Amber Gold became chronically preoccupied and hasn't been at home, with energy, paying attention, on trash day during the events of the game so far.

Source: I wouldn't fw Marie Kondo because she's kind of a neurotypical bitch. I will use that someday and that's what drawers are for. I would fuck with mentally ill chicks who don't do solid food, though. I fall into that shit like it's a foam pit at Twitch Con, my poor fucking back.

I love posting this much btw I don't know if my brain chemistry changed or what but this is pure dopamine rn lol. Love you all!

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm really, really glad you keep specifically mentioning Cole because I had no idea if those experiences are relatable at all. I have no idea if Julien's experiences are relatable at all lol. I suspect Martin's experiences are relatable and that's why people hate him so much lol.
I am not sure that I would necessarily call Cole "relatable," though he is certainly a sympathetic character. I was noting that the dialogues with him were paricularly well-done, because both he and the MC find themselves feeling very awkward, and the writing shows them getting through that in a very believable way.

What are your favorite pieces of media? I want to know where you came from lol.
My favorite medium has always been the written word. I care most about character, and then writing quality, and then story, and any graphical elements (except maps) are way down my priority list.

Because character is my priority, inner voice is the yardstick by which I gauge storytelling. I agree with Tennessee Williams that "the only thing worth writing about is the human heart at war with itself." The inner story is even more important than the outer story. I dislike it when games or books switch POVs. It's necessary for some epics (ASoIce and Fire couldn't be told from one POV) but never desirable. It takes the reader/player out of the head of the protagonist and makes them an Olympic viewer of events.

So, what are my favorites? In this little niche of ours, it is anything by Ashley Zacharias but especially her A Slave of the Aristocracy series (the first book is free on smashwords, if you want to check it out). Despite the rather generic name, it is a terrific example of how to write sexy stuff that is internal t the character.

Outside of this genre, the best recent book IMO is Constance by Matthew Fitzsimmons. It's a masterpiece of internal/external storytelling, as well as being a first-rate SF book, murder mystery, and philosophical treatise on what it means to be human (the main character is a clone with all the memories of the original, revived when her original was killed, and she has to solve the murder but also decide if she is really a person).

So, the reason I like the work you are doing in this game is that it has the interlocking internal story and the external story and is well-written. The lack of graphics doesn't faze me a bit; I have a good imagination. OTOH, the late, lamented Valiant Warrior Astrid was certainly better because the graphics added to the terrific story (though in that game I'd have preferred the whole Don School thing to have been done from Astrid's POV).

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I am not sure that I would necessarily call Cole "relatable," though he is certainly a sympathetic character. I was noting that the dialogues with him were paricularly well-done, because both he and the MC find themselves feeling very awkward, and the writing shows them getting through that in a very believable way.

My favorite medium has always been the written word. I care most about character, and then writing quality, and then story, and any graphical elements (except maps) are way down my priority list.

Because character is my priority, inner voice is the yardstick by which I gauge storytelling. I agree with Tennessee Williams that "the only thing worth writing about is the human heart at war with itself." The inner story is even more important than the outer story. I dislike it when games or books switch POVs. It's necessary for some epics (ASoIce and Fire couldn't be told from one POV) but never desirable. It takes the reader/player out of the head of the protagonist and makes them an Olympic viewer of events.

So, what are my favorites? In this little niche of ours, it is anything by Ashley Zacharias but especially her A Slave of the Aristocracy series (the first book is free on smashwords, if you want to check it out). Despite the rather generic name, it is a terrific example of how to write sexy stuff that is internal t the character.

Outside of this genre, the best recent book IMO is Constance by Matthew Fitzsimmons. It's a masterpiece of internal/external storytelling, as well as being a first-rate SF book, murder mystery, and philosophical treatise on what it means to be human (the main character is a clone with all the memories of the original, revived when her original was killed, and she has to solve the murder but also decide if she is really a person).

So, the reason I like the work you are doing in this game is that it has the interlocking internal story and the external story and is well-written. The lack of graphics doesn't faze me a bit; I have a good imagination. OTOH, the late, lamented Valiant Warrior Astrid was certainly better because the graphics added to the terrific story (though in that game I'd have preferred the whole Don School thing to have been done from Astrid's POV).
Damn, that's really an awesome answer. You should be my agent.

Cliffton is consciously designed as a little Yoknapatawpha County. I had a professor who was obsessed with Faulkner. The idea for me is to get to the finish line and then fill in all the side stories. I put the Julien one in out of chronology because it was gonna go from prescient to sad pretty quickly if Multiversus had stayed hot.

There was an early version of BtF that was basically restricted to Amber's home and we just got dialogue about everything else, that I envisioned as more of a play, with people coming and going all the time. Because I wrote those scenes so early they form like a weird theatrical spine where every episode has scenes where people come and go from her front door. It's always been a one woman show but it was way way way more one woman at one point. And Megan was the main character if you can believe that. But I'm glad you mentioned Tennessee Williams because I s2g I was also actively trying to serve playwright at one point so it must have worked.

I'm going to shoot more scenes I promise, I get really negative and I'm like this is boring, people know how sex happens this is about why sex happens. And a bunch of other stuff. I want to make a show and right now I just have a literary themed animation.

i need clapping emojis, im clap not clap allowed clap to clap talk clap like clap this The Humans (2021) (film based on a one act play but it's very theatrically staged, long takes at dinner tables with the whole cast in frame type stuff) has really really good dialogue. Like I turned to the person next to me and said "the only way this dialogue could be better is if I had written it" and then she rolled her eyes because not only did she not believe in me, but she thought I was absurd for believing in myself. I mean that was a very narcissistic thing to say but still. He' s not really an inspiration at all, I mean he couldn't be we're contemporaries I guess (lol) but Stephen Karam is also from PA so this is probably just another one of those things that only happens because of lead poisoning.

i love love love when they do the thing where the main character's name is a pun, iZombie fucks so hard and its the kind of show thats about a zombie named Liv Moore.

Regarding POV I have a really tight outline for the Maple stuff and it's really just there to give us a baseline for a nature vs nurture analysis of Amber and it enables all the plot devices I get to use to make Below the Fold the worst best game on this website.

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
After I go to 7th street for the ring, she wanders outside and eventually ends up stuck here (no keys do anything):
I actually tried that again later and it worked (got past that spot and walked into a store further east). Not really sure why (the game keeps changing move speed between slow, normal and fast randomly so maybe that has something to do with it).

Anyhow, the club boss gave me the ring, and the next time I went there invited me back to the office. There was some dialogue on a black background and then it ended and it's just stuck with a black background. Not sure if this is the end of the current development or bug.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I actually tried that again later and it worked (got past that spot and walked into a store further east). Not really sure why (the game keeps changing move speed between slow, normal and fast randomly so maybe that has something to do with it).

Anyhow, the club boss gave me the ring, and the next time I went there invited me back to the office. There was some dialogue on a black background and then it ended and it's just stuck with a black background. Not sure if this is the end of the current development or bug.
That's basically the end, I'm releasing something soon though.

I, O, and P are the speed controls.

Reactions: sauv_

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
That's basically the end, I'm releasing something soon though.

I, O, and P are the speed controls.
Thanks. I do randomly tap my keyboard at times so it's possible I've hit those keys sometimes.

Nice to hear there's something coming. Then I can observe her further descent into madness. I feel like I understand the concept of a mental breakdown a bit better after playing this.

• Red Heart

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I feel like I understand the concept of a mental breakdown a bit better after playing this.
No joke that's like the best way to compliment an artist thank you so much.

I love women, I love sluts. They're all going through a lot and deserve to be celebrated. No one is born a manic pixie dream girl from the suburbs, they get born in the suburbs and then they get taught to prioritize other people's happiness over their own.

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hey sluts, I just updated.

Lots of new stuff, and CG, and there's even some cuck shit. Some chicken/egg cuck shit.

I got the pieces close enough together that basically you can see the path towards the end now. There's like 3-40 people who are going to be really happy I think. Love you <3.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Hey sluts, I just updated.

Lots of new stuff, and CG, and there's even some cuck shit. Some chicken/egg cuck shit.

I got the pieces close enough together that basically you can see the path towards the end now. There's like 3-40 people who are going to be really happy I think. Love you <3.
Weirdly, the Mega link seems to lead to nowhere, but the Gofile works fine

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes