RPGM Below the Fold [Ep.5 R3 SASH] [iLTinoBambino]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Best princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I am hoping this game will soon be available for Android users. Thoughtful games with good writing are hard to come by.
I'll take a look at the process for exporting the game for android this week, thanks for reaching out.

Hi

Decided to replay from the start, just because I remembered enjoying the story. Still do...

... but, is it just me? In Episode 1, on Day 2 of school, when Amber has to clear her schedule with her teachers and then with her lab partners, I did just that, but still can't leave school. The task just sits there in the notepad, even though Amber has blackmailed her math teacher, agreed to clean up the night art school, talked with her chemistry teacher and made an agreement with her lab partner.

Bug? Or I somehow goofed somewhere?
If you try to enter the cafeteria it should tell you to kill time before lunch, in the glowing room behind the area you talked to the lab partner in. Things should be glowing, but I very well could have screwed that up somehow. It's easy to miss a specific order of events during playtesting the sections that allow you to do things in any order.

Honestly, I might just axe that step in a later update, my thinking was I should show players where the newsroom is as early as possible because it becomes a place you have to visit later, but on day 2 it basically serves 0 purpose other than to account for lunch taking place when it does.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
TinoBambino

Q: is it possible that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
has to be done before the Boss asks you to do some night shifts and some turns on the pole dance?

I went for a day shift without first completing the above spoiler (actually, I had never even ventured in the backyard of Amber's house), and was stuck in the club with Roger telling Feature he was busy with paperwork, with no possibility to end the day, no matter how often Feature went on the pole (well, I didn't try dozens of times either, you know); so I quit, reloaded, explored a little more and tried again a day shift just after completing the above spoiler: had a vastly different dialogue with Roger, but still stuck in the club with no possibility to exit.

Sorry to bother you with probably trivial questions.

Positive comment: Even though I'm not a huge fan of Honey Select, I thought you used it well (I especially enjoyed the view of Amber through the front door when pizza delivery comes), and it adds to the overall enjoyment of the game. Your greatest asset, though, is your amazing ear for good and real-life-like dialogue.

Keep it up: you have a good game

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
TinoBambino

Q: is it possible that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
has to be done before the Boss asks you to do some night shifts and some turns on the pole dance?

I went for a day shift without first completing the above spoiler (actually, I had never even ventured in the backyard of Amber's house), and was stuck in the club with Roger telling Feature he was busy with paperwork, with no possibility to end the day, no matter how often Feature went on the pole (well, I didn't try dozens of times either, you know); so I quit, reloaded, explored a little more and tried again a day shift just after completing the above spoiler: had a vastly different dialogue with Roger, but still stuck in the club with no possibility to exit.

Sorry to bother you with probably trivial questions.

Positive comment: Even though I'm not a huge fan of Honey Select, I thought you used it well (I especially enjoyed the view of Amber through the front door when pizza delivery comes), and it adds to the overall enjoyment of the game. Your greatest asset, though, is your amazing ear for good and real-life-like dialogue.

Keep it up: you have a good game
Thank you so so much for your kind words, I'm beaming.

That "day" doesn't end from the free roam section, and the bartending training storyline isn't in yet. I absolutely need to be more clear in the quest log.

As of right now you can set the event flag for starting the Ep3 on rails portion by simply using the stripper pole once, accessed from the staircases on the right of the basement dressing room, and visiting the upstairs balcony area once during the night time.

Then Ep3 should start the next time you return to Amber's house.

amber pizza.gif

And honestly, it's no bother. I'm seriously ecstatic whenever there's any engagement here. <3

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you so so much for your kind words, I'm beaming.

That "day" doesn't end from the free roam section, and the bartending training storyline isn't in yet. I absolutely need to be more clear in the quest log.

As of right now you can set the event flag for starting the Ep3 on rails portion by simply using the stripper pole once, accessed from the staircases on the right of the basement dressing room, and visiting the upstairs balcony area once during the night time.

Then Ep3 should start the next time you return to Amber's house.

View attachment 1142481

And honestly, it's no bother. I'm seriously ecstatic whenever there's any engagement here. <3

Glad to have you beaming :)

Thing is, I engaged with the pole once, but can't leave (so can't go and do a night shift). I tried talking to Roger, who either does nothing (if nectar thing not done before), or talks about making money from nectar (is said nectar done before). But can't exit...

Sorry if I wasn't clear

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016

Thing is, I engaged with the pole once, but can't leave (so can't go and do a night shift). I tried talking to Roger, who either does nothing (if nectar thing not done before), or talks about making money from nectar (is said nectar done before). But can't exit...

Sorry if I wasn't clear
You cant leave from on the pole? If you touch Amber again as the sparkle it returns you to your body. That's probably not very clear actually, I'll add an extra dialogue box about how to exit that part.

Edit: just checked all the entrances and exits to the relevant areas and I don't see anything that should prevent you from leaving either the club or the area outside the club. Maybe send me your save file?

Last edited:

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
You cant leave from on the pole? If you touch Amber again as the sparkle it returns you to your body. That's probably not very clear actually, I'll add an extra dialogue box about how to exit that part.

Edit: just checked all the entrances and exits to the relevant areas and I don't see anything that should prevent you from leaving either the club or the area outside the club. Maybe send me your save file?
OK, sending you my file by private message. Thanks

Lancelot234

Aug 13, 2018
Last i played this game was 16 months ago. And the only updates TinoBambino managed to add was some CG(not even on every part of the game) and that the MC can strip now(again no CG). I'm done with this game. It had potential but the slow updates killed it.

fusspot

Aug 29, 2019

Sorry if I wasn't clear
I'm stuck at the exact same spot. Can't find anything upstairs, get locked in the club if I do pretty much anything, and can't progress to do anything past the two "work night" or "go strip" quests. Did you figure out any way past this or is it borked?

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
It was a matterof clicking on the map to move the character there, instead of using the keyboard arrows to guide them. If you use arrows and move to the exit, you can't leave; if you're standing some tiles back and click on the exit to have the character move there, it works

Reactions: fusspot

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I'm stuck at the exact same spot. Can't find anything upstairs, get locked in the club if I do pretty much anything, and can't progress to do anything past the two "work night" or "go strip" quests. Did you figure out any way past this or is it borked?
I think I have that event set to activate on action rather than activate on touch. Hitting enter or clicking on it should let you out.

I'm truly ashamed of this oversight, thank you for the bug report and I'm sorry for any inconvenience it caused you.

It was a matterof clicking on the map to move the character there, instead of using the keyboard arrows to guide them. If you use arrows and move to the exit, you can't leave; if you're standing some tiles back and click on the exit to have the character move there, it works
Thank you for trying to help people in this thread. You're a good dude and I'm glad people like you enjoy my game.

Reactions: SuperMaxo

bibaran

Feb 17, 2020
this is the most boring, uninteresting game in the world, you can use it as a sleeping pill.
0/10

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
this is the most boring, uninteresting game post in the world, you can use it as a sleeping pill.
0/10
Fixed that for you.

Comstructive criticism is constructive. Mere whining is not. I don't think that the game is perfect, but I think that it has maybe the best, most subtle character development/revelation I've seen in a game. I like that well enough that I'll gladly put up with NPCs that aren't yet more than colored outlines and quests that are not yet finished.

magfan2255

May 28, 2020
I know that I've already lost many potential members of my audience by choosing RPGM over Renpy, and especially RPGM MV over an older version.

I still think that the ability to block out a scene with sprites, and let my 'actors' move about a space as they deliver their lines is the best medium for the story I want to tell. I'm certainly chasing after the cinematic feel of classic scenes from games like Chrono Trigger and RPG Maker gets me closer to that place. I chose RPG Maker MV because it runs at 60fps (for some people) which feels more fluid.

I regret that some machines don't handle that engine well but I hope maybe in the future anyone who can't enjoy Below the Fold due to technical limitations will be able to overcome them and circle back to this project.
i enjoy playing on RPGM more than RENPY its far more interactive and thus more enjoyable for me.
May I suggest you go with Renpy - or some other point and click navigation system? RPGM UIs are rather tedious to navigate - ruins the enjoyment of the game, at least for me.
try cursed armour. youll know why i like RPGMs more than renpy.
alright, i admit that its a bit tedious because of the walking and combat, but you can use that to your advantage. in certain games youll see a clothing system. very amazing stuff! you can walk naked and interact with npcs to get dialogues. youll know it when you play it.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
A lot of people complaining about RPGM merrily play NLT games like Treasure of Nadia, completely not noticing the fact that it's an RPGM game too. It's hard, and takes a lot of effort and talent, but RPGM games can be way better than most Renpy VNs found here.

Reactions: TinoBambino
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes