RPGM Below the Fold [Ep.5 R3 SASH] [iLTinoBambino]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Best princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hiii~~~ I guarantee you no one would have noticed but just in case I take a prize and someone sees it, Below the Fold is still my baby despite Hunt: Showdown launching a video contest. The contest submission deadline was <1 hour ago so know this is the first place my head went after I hit send.

Here's a sneak preview. Meet Julien Chase, Yoshi main. NOT a shota just small framed.

I was working on the Episode 4 stuff and then Multiversus came out and I knew I had to shoot the 90 pages of dialogue that I had written in March of 2020 about Super Smash Bros. So I changed focus and I'm giving the Lab Partner his whole 4 episode Arc at once.

No one will believe I didn't just get salty and have a delusional fantasy if I don't release this storyline before Ranked mode comes out, lol.

I haven't even played this patch because of the Hunt thing so don't challenge me yet.

Reactions: Beggarman

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Nice to see you're doing OK, TinoBambino

I miss this game, liked the beginning a lot; will keep an eye out to see what you come up with next
(That sneak peek, though, I had to play at the slowest speed setting possible... ;) cause I like reading, I guess)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey, TB, good to see you again!

I lost my hard drive with all my games on it about six months ago, and had forgotten that BTF was one of them (had some playtest notes lost as well). I'll get back to playtesting now that you have reminded me that the game exists. :geek:

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I lost my hard drive
Good to see you too dude! I'm really sorry about your data, seriously, my condolences. This is going to get me canceled but I would trade human lives for the health and safety of my storage drives lol. I hope you're doing OK.

Jul 4, 2018
can't make heads or tails out of the description of the game, or understand it for that matter could someone explain to me what the game is actually about? like what's the plot and whatnot

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
can't make heads or tails out of the description of the game, or understand it for that matter could someone explain to me what the game is actually about? like what's the plot and whatnot
It's one of those "class prez with parents who are nowhere to be found gets corrupted by odd jobs around town" type games except I tried too hard.

Reactions: Saint Peverell

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
is the game going to be more interactive later on and if so,.. when???
like the part in the first village where you run around and explore? after that the whole game ran on rails without any input.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
is the game going to be more interactive later on and if so,.. when???
like the part in the first village where you run around and explore? after that the whole game ran on rails without any input.
Before the free roam part, what you have is an exposé of the story. If it’s your first time playing, it’s probably a good idea that you read it all and follow along.
But yeah, at some point youl’ll guide Amber more

Reactions: TinoBambino

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah that new description is... something else. lol
This is definitely TMI.

I have a part of my brain that's always gonna be a slutty middle schooler with a deathwish and I should just own it. That's the part of my brain that writes BtF. There could be someone else on here "write what you know"-ing an HRPG protagonist because they were one but they're not as proud of it as I am. without a hint of hesitation or irony Alexis Rose is actually the most seen a tv show has ever made me feel. ew david.

"therapy, much like art, can't change the fact that ronald reagan killed the world before you were even born" would be another way to describe BtF. The old description was me not owning my shit.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
TinoBambino

Hey, currently replaying from the beginning – been so long since I last played that I had forgotten bits of the story, and can't even remember which cg's were already there, and therefore know which are new... but the look through Amber's front door is still a favorite of mine :love:

Anyway, flagging a small thing or two you might want to fix; when Amber gets her tasks from La Roma, if she decides to go to the beach first, instead of going to the Salon, the whole nude sunbathing scene with sunscreen flashback plays at the speed of light, with no possibility to read the text or even look at cg's; going to the Salon first, even if it is not running because of Greg's drunkenness, fixes everything at the beach, where the scene now plays totally normally.

Also, at the beach too, if Amber goes east to the sort of boardwalk with shops, there are numerous places where she can walk up on building facades, and there's also one shop entrance that freezes the game. Capture d’écran, le 2022-10-08 à 17.17.59.png

I'm guessing that it's the same as the beach speed glitch, namely that I'm here too early in the game

TinoBambino

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
TinoBambino

Hey, currently replaying from the beginning – been so long since I last played that I had forgotten bits of the story, and can't even remember which cg's were already there, and therefore know which are new... but the look through Amber's front door is still a favorite of mine :love:

Anyway, flagging a small thing or two you might want to fix; when Amber gets her tasks from La Roma, if she decides to go to the beach first, instead of going to the Salon, the whole nude sunbathing scene with sunscreen flashback plays at the speed of light, with no possibility to read the text or even look at cg's; going to the Salon first, even if it is not running because of Greg's drunkenness, fixes everything at the beach, where the scene now plays totally normally.

Also, at the beach too, if Amber goes east to the sort of boardwalk with shops, there are numerous places where she can walk up on building facades, and there's also one shop entrance that freezes the game. View attachment 2089765

I'm guessing that it's the same as the beach speed glitch, namely that I'm here too early in the game
Just fixed both things on the boardwalk ty that was pretty obvious I shouldn't have missed those.

I haven't gone anywhere near the beach or the salon in months and can't get that to happen on my end, but sometimes using the P key causes things to go nuts, if that was involved. From the first release those events have been able to be completed in any order. They're happening concurrently or alternatingly or whatever.

I haven't shown people the Lab Partner storyline outside of that preview and this release, so the first person who talks to me about it on here gets to give me the first feedback ever on it btw, if anyone is interested ;)

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
This is definitely TMI.

I have a part of my brain that's always gonna be a slutty middle schooler with a deathwish and I should just own it. That's the part of my brain that writes BtF. There could be someone else on here "write what you know"-ing an HRPG protagonist because they were one but they're not as proud of it as I am. without a hint of hesitation or irony Alexis Rose is actually the most seen a tv show has ever made me feel. ew david.

"therapy, much like art, can't change the fact that ronald reagan killed the world before you were even born" would be another way to describe BtF. The old description was me not owning my shit.
I didn't really understand any of that.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes