Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

jabberwock

Jul 7, 2017
Opening the console- "Renpy" games are called renpy games because the use the same basic game engine. During game creation, the developer makes use of many options, includeing whether to turn off the console during regular play.
Because of Bug hunting, there is a text file that you can change, that will activate the console even if the creator intended you not to have access to it. I assume a really anal creator could delete portions of the file, but most don't bother.
Go to the directory where you start the game. There are 4 subfolders ("game", "lib","renpy", "update"). open the "renpy" folder.
again, there are a bunch of subfolders- open the one labeled "common".
look for the two files "00console" and "00console.rpyc". 00console is the text file you want, open it with any text editor (wordpad or notepad works fine, if you actually have a programming editor, [that gives line numbers] that might be easiest).
All the lines with # in front are remarks, the rest are coding for the game. About 70-100 lines down you'll see something like:

# Configuration and style initalization.
init -1500 python:

# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False.
config.console = False

Change the word "False" to "True", and yes, the capital T is important

Save the file, and start your game

You can now open the console with Shift+o (hit o while holding shift). you can exit by hitting the ESC key
Commands change for every game, depending on what the game creator used. For Ben X, useful ones include {you can change the numbers to whatever you feel like]:
inventory.money += 10000
Gwen.lust += 10
Shar.lust += 10
Gwen.corruption += 10
Shar.corruption += 10

{add 10,000 money, add 10 lust to Gwen, add 10 lust to Shar, etc}

depending on how much the game creator cared about/considered people cheating, changing too many values can really mess up your game (from missing important scenes/flags, to actually having the game quit if your values are outside a certain range)
the only code that works now is the money one it seems

Reactions: giruba360
D

Deleted member 482284

Where do I buy the sleep pills? And how do I get gwen to visit?

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Where do I buy the sleep pills? And how do I get gwen to visit?
The first sleeping pills 'buffout' comes from moving the main storyline forward. You extort them from a plant alien. That's also where you get an item he was using to smoke weed that was part of Ben's drill alien that helps create your base.
Once you have them, keep moving the story forward until you explain to Shar that the pills have to be used in battle. Then use them in battle. That night she'll be heavily sleeping and you can mess with her, and/or go down to the basement and work on your lab.
After a little more story, you can buy buffout pills from the shop online.

Reactions: Akanoes

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Shar.lust=XX
Shar.corruption=XX
inventory.money=XXXXX
Ben.agility=14000 (19.11 speed)
Ben.combat_skill=14000 (57-95 damage)
Then replace 'Ben' with 'Shar'. Make sure to use the console commands for stats while you're actually in combat. If you use it before, it doesn't always activate. You'll actually get the stats once you finish a battle after you put them in.
I used 14000 because if you actually hit the cap of the stat using console commands it causes an error every time you run a patrol that isn't story related. 14k puts you near the top, but not quite there. About 1-2k short of the error spot. Feel free to mess with the number like I did.

I really don't care for the combat. Especially since the enemies can hit you with massive damage so easily. I've been hit by the same enemies anywhere from 1/8 of my max health, all the way to 1/4. And medkits only heal you for about 1.5 hits of damage, so they aren't very useful, either.
We either need a way to raise our health, or raise our defense so the enemies can't do so much damage.
With the way the combat currently sucks (to me), I'm just trying to rush my story forward to be able to buy tons of grenades. I don't like cheating for combat in rpg's, but the combat in this one is limited and painful as hell. Not to mention a huge grind with how long it takes to raise stats.

Edit: Thanks to bell10 for this post.
take with a grain of salt as I have 0 python experience, the cheats to make the fighting easier are "Ben.agility = 9999999" (which will put your speed at 20) and "Ben.combat_skill = 9999999" (which puts your damage at 60-100). You have to have a battle for the stats bars to update.

Edit: While I thank bell10 for the console command, using 9999999 causes a crash any time I went for a patrol that isn't story related. So I started running through numbers. I found out that if you actually hit the cap, it causes that error. So use 14000 as the stat number so that you're 'near' the end, but not likely to farm 1000-2000 more points to hit the end.

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
how to increase lust to 20 cause im can only reach 15 lust help please
Read my post literally one above for the console commands I currently know. Just replace the XX with 20 if that's what you're after.
Or you could just stick your finger in her mouth for +10 lust that can only be done once per day, every day. I was so disappointed when I finally hit 80 and found out using something thicker than a finger wasn't in-game yet :(

Any solution? Im stuck with quests and I don't know how to begin Shar Training 3 or Hacked Plumber HQ
how do you hack plumbers base?
The game stops before you can do those things. The newest update wasn't for content, it was for QoL. So it stops at the same point that .4b stopped at.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Newman My man ...for the love of gilgax...Change the laser charging sound on the big brothers it's sounds like somone took a record scratch and then put the pitch to mad and made the waveform super tight so it just fucks with peoples ears.
Really? But is it the volume or the sound itself? I'll ask around, see if more people think the same.

Reactions: Fran100 and kwazi

Tera01

Mar 2, 2018
The first sleeping pills 'buffout' comes from moving the main storyline forward. You extort them from a plant alien. That's also where you get an item he was using to smoke weed that was part of Ben's drill alien that helps create your base.
Once you have them, keep moving the story forward until you explain to Shar that the pills have to be used in battle. Then use them in battle. That night she'll be heavily sleeping and you can mess with her, and/or go down to the basement and work on your lab.
After a little more story, you can buy buffout pills from the shop online.
What to do to continue the story.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
What to do to continue the story.
You'll have to be a bit more specific. The story isn't terribly long, but there are multiple parts.
One of which requires you to go patrolling until you get a call from Max saying he's proud.
If you get stuck, run a few patrols, talk to Shar at various points of the day, go to the slums, or go to the plumber headquarters. There's one point where you have to talk to Gwen in the computer area headquarters and I think you can leave without doing it which means you have no idea to go back.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Shar.lust=XX
Shar.corruption=XX
inventory.money=XXXXX
Ben.agility=14000 (19.11 speed)
Ben.combat_skill=14000 (57-95 damage)
Then replace 'Ben' with 'Shar'. Make sure to use the console commands for stats while you're actually in combat. If you use it before, it doesn't always activate. You'll actually get the stats once you finish a battle after you put them in.
I used 14000 because if you actually hit the cap of the stat using console commands it causes an error every time you run a patrol that isn't story related. 14k puts you near the top, but not quite there. About 1-2k short of the error spot. Feel free to mess with the number like I did.

I really don't care for the combat. Especially since the enemies can hit you with massive damage so easily. I've been hit by the same enemies anywhere from 1/8 of my max health, all the way to 1/4. And medkits only heal you for about 1.5 hits of damage, so they aren't very useful, either.
We either need a way to raise our health, or raise our defense so the enemies can't do so much damage.
With the way the combat currently sucks (to me), I'm just trying to rush my story forward to be able to buy tons of grenades. I don't like cheating for combat in rpg's, but the combat in this one is limited and painful as hell. Not to mention a huge grind with how long it takes to raise stats.

Edit: Thanks to bell10 for this post.
take with a grain of salt as I have 0 python experience, the cheats to make the fighting easier are "Ben.agility = 9999999" (which will put your speed at 20) and "Ben.combat_skill = 9999999" (which puts your damage at 60-100). You have to have a battle for the stats bars to update.

Edit: While I thank bell10 for the console command, using 9999999 causes a crash any time I went for a patrol that isn't story related. So I started running through numbers. I found out that if you actually hit the cap, it causes that error. So use 14000 as the stat number so that you're 'near' the end, but not likely to farm 1000-2000 more points to hit the end.
I actually planned it like this on purpose, so you don't feel powerful AT ALL in the beginning of the game. It's going to be a long ride, so making players feel like they can handle things but are one step behind is a good way to encourage them to try combat items, experiment with different tactics and feel the need to get those game-changing perks, which really do pack a punch. At first, there isn't much money either, but now, with the cams, you'll have a steady income, and you can pack your team with cool toys to play with. Grenades are cool, yeah, but that's just Plumber Rank 2. There's more cool items coming. And characters as well. I'm still not done, but Gwen's powers are already pretty fun on paper. Can't wait to see her in action.

Reactions: Fran100

Tera01

Mar 2, 2018
You'll have to be a bit more specific. The story isn't terribly long, but there are multiple parts.
One of which requires you to go patrolling until you get a call from Max saying he's proud.
If you get stuck, run a few patrols, talk to Shar at various points of the day, go to the slums, or go to the plumber headquarters. There's one point where you have to talk to Gwen in the computer area headquarters and I think you can leave without doing it which means you have no idea to go back.
After you took your buffout pills from the plant alien

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I actually planned it like this on purpose, so you don't feel powerful AT ALL in the beginning of the game. It's going to be a long ride, so making players feel like they can handle things but are one step behind is a good way to encourage them to try combat items, experiment with different tactics and feel the need to get those game-changing perks, which really do pack a punch. At first, there isn't much money either, but now, with the cams, you'll have a steady income, and you can pack your team with cool toys to play with. Grenades are cool, yeah, but that's just Plumber Rank 2. There's more cool items coming. And characters as well. I'm still not done, but Gwen's powers are already pretty fun on paper. Can't wait to see her in action.
And maybe when she's in-game, a group of four enemies focusing a single character won't immediately kill you (but I doubt it with how health doesn't increase EVER).
The way you've set up combat makes you feel worse than weak. Shar feels worthless with her crummy net and health pack that barely heals 1 hit worth of damage most of the time. I've had fights where Shar's entire purpose was healing herself because three of the four wouldn't leave her alone.
The combat is so limited in the beginning, that rng totally controls how much damage you take or even if you win. I've lost fights through no control of my own because all four enemies murdered Shar in the first turn from full health before her first turn came to use a weak medkit.
You say you want people to use tactics, when the only tactic that exists once you lose the other three aliens is that netted enemies give 100% crit chance.
For example, why doesn't Heat Blast have any aoe at all? He isn't limited to tiny fireballs. He has flamethrowers and wide angle fire walls, as well.
Why does Shar have no damaging ability? Not even an auto attack? She's a female based off a character who was incredibly capable in combat. The net deals around 10 damage even after I cheated her attack up to 14k. The medkit's max healing I've ever seen was 76 (and I've only ever seen a number at 70+ less than 5 times). And yet there seems to be no increase to her healing, no better medkits...nothing.
There's a difference between challenging and 'you rolled crit ones so you die'. And then the UC reward for a single fight is less than a single medkit cost. So you're actually losing money any time you heal until after the Hoes show up.
Then there's the damage. You go from taking 25-50 from the Bros. Then 25-75 from the Hoes. To 40-80 from the mechs... But because you can't increase maximum health or mitigate damage, eventually you're just going to get one shotted by the enemy that does 150.
There needs to be either health growth or damage mitigation. Even the diamonhead ability you can only use for a single map takes your only damaging character out of the game for the whole turn. Why is your only offense the one being your only defense? Spread the roles. Hell. Have Shar's net launcher make a wall that lowers the enemy damage passing through it weaker. She'll keep her crummy net gun, and you'll have a defensive ability that doesn't remove your only attacker from combat.
Oh, wait. Did i say the only offense is the only defense? Because he's also the only interrupt (since you can't neat anything that uses a charge attack). Shar serves very little purpose in combat other than throwing grenades once you unlock them.

I'm a little sorry for going into full on rant mode. I was dealing with an idiot in another forum who kept telling me I was wrong even when I showed visual evidence.
But I still stand by my complaints of gelding Ben 10, an incredibly strong (if a bit stupid) hero. Even in Dragon Quest games you start off being able to kill level 1 enemies without getting beaten bloody and needing to heal every fight. And you usually start that with a stick, not an alien form that gives you the ability to create seemingly limitless fire.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes