Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
After you took your buffout pills from the plant alien
That one involves a patrol or two, then talking to Shar the next morning and telling her they're a disguised strength pill that you have to use in battle.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
And maybe when she's in-game, a group of four enemies focusing a single character won't immediately kill you (but I doubt it with how health doesn't increase EVER).
The way you've set up combat makes you feel worse than weak. Shar feels worthless with her crummy net and health pack that barely heals 1 hit worth of damage most of the time. I've had fights where Shar's entire purpose was healing herself because three of the four wouldn't leave her alone.
The combat is so limited in the beginning, that rng totally controls how much damage you take or even if you win. I've lost fights through no control of my own because all four enemies murdered Shar in the first turn from full health before her first turn came to use a weak medkit.
You say you want people to use tactics, when the only tactic that exists once you lose the other three aliens is that netted enemies give 100% crit chance.
For example, why doesn't Heat Blast have any aoe at all? He isn't limited to tiny fireballs. He has flamethrowers and wide angle fire walls, as well.
Why does Shar have no damaging ability? Not even an auto attack? She's a female based off a character who was incredibly capable in combat. The net deals around 10 damage even after I cheated her attack up to 14k. The medkit's max healing I've ever seen was 76 (and I've only ever seen a number at 70+ less than 5 times). And yet there seems to be no increase to her healing, no better medkits...nothing.
There's a difference between challenging and 'you rolled crit ones so you die'. And then the UC reward for a single fight is less than a single medkit cost. So you're actually losing money any time you heal until after the Hoes show up.
Then there's the damage. You go from taking 25-50 from the Bros. Then 25-75 from the Hoes. To 40-80 from the mechs... But because you can't increase maximum health or mitigate damage, eventually you're just going to get one shotted by the enemy that does 150.
There needs to be either health growth or damage mitigation. Even the diamonhead ability you can only use for a single map takes your only damaging character out of the game for the whole turn. Why is your only offense the one being your only defense? Spread the roles.
Yep. First advice I could give anyone playing the game is "don't use medkits yet". Use Shar's net to make enemies lose their turn and to kill them once they're really low on health. Criticals are nice, but they aren't worth losing the net so the enemy can shoot the next turn. You can use XLR8 to move that pesky enemy who shoots before Shar's turn to the back, but for now, I'd only use XLR8 to interrupt changed attacks, maybe once or twice I've used him succesfully against bros. Medkits will be useful when Diamondhead gets unlocked, as he basically grants Shar a free turn. But as I say, cool items and perks are on the way, as well as Ultimate versions of Ben's aliens. It will be these that make you feel like a badass.

Reactions: Fran100 and PugWug

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Yep. First advice I could give anyone playing the game is "don't use medkits yet". Use Shar's net to make enemies lose their turn and to kill them once they're really low on health. Criticals are nice, but they aren't worth losing the net so the enemy can shoot the next turn. You can use XLR8 to move that pesky enemy who shoots before Shar's turn to the back, but for now, I'd only use XLR8 to interrupt changed attacks, maybe once or twice I've used him succesfully against bros. Medkits will be useful when Diamondhead gets unlocked, as he basically grants Shar a free turn. But as I say, cool items and perks are on the way, as well as Ultimate versions of Ben's aliens. It will be these that make you feel like a badass.
Everything you're saying isn't possible for quite a long while besides the net. After all, you can't buy the tail until after you grind out 1k UC from combat that nearly kills you every fight. Or does, if you're unlucky and they focus fire. You need to add some kind of defenses or armor. Hell, have health increase the same way agility and damage do. A few extra health can make a massive difference.
There are only TWO attacks in the whole game so far that can be interrupted. Which are both bosses. And the mech that becomes a normal mob is only a mob for about 5 minutes before you reach the end of the build. So XLR* (one of my favorite aliens) barely has a use.
I get that you have lofty goals for the long run, but combat is literally just painful now.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
So is there any new Gwen content after the one-time scene on the couch?
Silly question, considering the build literally ends directly after that. This wasn't a content update. It went from .04b to .04c.
This update was just alterations to existing content and story.

aka chi

Aug 9, 2016
Just confirming. Presumably the content update was 0.04 but it's kind of hard to tell given that the changelog in the OP is attached to 0.04c.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Everything you're saying isn't possible for quite a long while besides the net. After all, you can't buy the tail until after you grind out 1k UC from combat that nearly kills you every fight. Or does, if you're unlucky and they focus fire. You need to add some kind of defenses or armor. Hell, have health increase the same way agility and damage do. A few extra health can make a massive difference.
There are only TWO attacks in the whole game so far that can be interrupted. Which are both bosses. And the mech that becomes a normal mob is only a mob for about 5 minutes before you reach the end of the build. So XLR* (one of my favorite aliens) barely has a use.
I get that you have lofty goals for the long run, but combat is literally just painful now.
Er... What version are you playing? You know Granpa Max gives you 1000UC so you don't have to grind?

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I wasn't given that until after I had ground out 5-600 already. at 20-40 per fight :(
Agh. That's because we added it in a later build. In the current one, you get the call after 4 fights, not counting the robber scene fight. I added that because too many people were grinding to get the cash for Pakmar, even though his shop wasn't done yet! :D Same for the lab build money. I made it 6000UC so nobody would try to get it, yet some people did. I really underestimated these player's grinding capabilities! XD From now on, anything that's not there to be bought, I won't show it. But really, you guys shouldn't grind. Combat should be fun, not a chore.

Reactions: Fran100

horacetheslug

May 9, 2018
I tried this and it still wont do anything, it wont even say there is an interaction there. Nevermind I figured it out, is HandJob the only thing open from Shar? Cant get her lust above 15
What did you figure out? I haven't found the interaction.

ReaperMan30

Sep 1, 2017
Where do you put the spy cams? I just bought them and it's telling me I need to find a place to put them.

D

Deleted member 482284

The first sleeping pills 'buffout' comes from moving the main storyline forward. You extort them from a plant alien. That's also where you get an item he was using to smoke weed that was part of Ben's drill alien that helps create your base.
Once you have them, keep moving the story forward until you explain to Shar that the pills have to be used in battle. Then use them in battle. That night she'll be heavily sleeping and you can mess with her, and/or go down to the basement and work on your lab.
After a little more story, you can buy buffout pills from the shop online.
How do I use them in battle? Theres no option to use it.

jackyice

May 18, 2017
The option to use the pills is only added once you explain them to Shar. Once that's done, there are small arrows under the first aid kit on her item ability. The buffout pills should finally be there.
how would i go about doing that?

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes