Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Both of you quit your damn bitching. We have the devs on thread telling us it's actively getting worked. If you think it's so easy to make a game, put it out yourselves. We're getting awesome work, an active combat system in a renpy game, delicious art and story, and we're getting it free. JFC show some appreciation that it's here for you to bitch about in the first place.

And if you think my comment that it may be an update or two after the next one is complaining, no. It's the realistic admission that maybe other things are taking priority for this update over continuing with Gwen. It's like Cyberpunk being delayed. I'd rather the dev team for ANY project take all the time they need for due diligence, and release solid work instead of shit that breaks immediately.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
It's like Cyberpunk being delayed. I'd rather the dev team for ANY project take all the time they need for due diligence, and release solid work instead of shit that breaks immediately.
I'm ok with waiting as long as needed for this game because I'm not supporting this dev any longer but please do not compare to Cyberpunk.

We know Cyberpunk WILL be finished. And we pretty much know WHEN it will be finished (everyone who know about the studio and big AAA games know there will be few months of delays). For Ben we know NOTHING. And some months ago we got info (half a year later) that dev is working on other stuff then this game. He have the right to do that but this is not transparent and I honestly stopped supporting because I'm not sure what will come out of this game. But yes, he have right to work on update as long as he wants and feels if needed for good quality.

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
I'm ok with waiting as long as needed for this game because I'm not supporting this dev any longer but please do not compare to Cyberpunk.

We know Cyberpunk WILL be finished. And we pretty much know WHEN it will be finished (everyone who know about the studio and big AAA games know there will be few months of delays). For Ben we know NOTHING. And some months ago we got info (half a year later) that dev is working on other stuff then this game. He have the right to do that but this is not transparent and I honestly stopped supporting because I'm not sure what will come out of this game. But yes, he have right to work on update as long as he wants and feels if needed for good quality.
Mate, how about you do your research before you start making claims like that. How are we not transparent? I have bi-weekly-ish updates on what I've been up to, Newman posts at least once a month about what's happening on his side. Yea, we have to work on other stuff to stay alive, but we have been VERY open about everything this entire time. So don't go saying we aren't transparent >.>

But yea, it's your choice to support us or not. If you feel like money is better spent elsewhere that's fine. My motto for Patreon games that have free releases is: If you don't pay, don't complain cause the game is free and you'll get it eventually.. If you do pay and aren't happy, stop paying.. In which case you fall in the first category again, so no complaining. xD

You can express concerns that's fine, but complaining usually doesn't achieve much. At most it will just irritate or stress the dev more than it should :p. Some devs are just lazy, but in our case shit hit the fan in real life and there wasn't really anything we could do about it, so seeing people (usually non-patrons) complain that they didn't get an update for their free game while we can't actually produce it faster cause of the circumstances.. Just sucks =<

Anyways, for the peeps that don't check our Patreon, we ARE working on BenX, Scooby is a side game and will probably see an update every BenX updates. At the moment we are about half way done and we HOPE to release in a month. Emphasis on HOPE, cause shit happens (there is already a minor snag atm xD) and we are also notoriously bad with release dates..So hopefully we'll hit it, but we've missed them before so yea.. It's a rough estimate :p

Sorry for the wall of text, please enjoy the rest of your day ^^

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
Both of you quit your damn bitching. We have the devs on thread telling us it's actively getting worked. If you think it's so easy to make a game, put it out yourselves. We're getting awesome work, an active combat system in a renpy game, delicious art and story, and we're getting it free. JFC show some appreciation that it's here for you to bitch about in the first place.

And if you think my comment that it may be an update or two after the next one is complaining, no. It's the realistic admission that maybe other things are taking priority for this update over continuing with Gwen. It's like Cyberpunk being delayed. I'd rather the dev team for ANY project take all the time they need for due diligence, and release solid work instead of shit that breaks immediately.
Someone is triggered. Did anybody hurt you by such a joke in the past?

Rogerericdu

Mar 31, 2019
They say patience is a virtue. These people lie, true virtue is in the minds of those who practice it even it isn't november

#NONUTNOVEMBERFOREVER!

neroxeon

Sep 21, 2016
It's like Cyberpunk being delayed.
Cyberpunk is gonna be trash.
Making a game isn't that hard.
It's just disappointing on the progress made with how long it takes per update.
Edit:Facepalm all y'all like but you know I'm right.:WeSmart:
<3 you Para&kristijanEX

I mean I understand that we shouldn't b*tch (dunno if swearing is fine on this forum) about delays and I'm fine with it as I only recently discovered the game, but I feel bad for 2017 dudes that have been waiting for a long time.
It's fine to fucking swear.
Now on to the important bits: 1.)bitching is just as valid as any other form of criticism as long as it doesn't go off topic. If they can't handle that then they should find some one to do the social/pr shit for them.
2.Going based off the previous updates(and I remember when the idea for it was being thought up before these guys took it upon themselves to make it) there was little progress made since I had played it before this which was where it wouldn't let you build the lab in the basement.

Last edited:

Master2099

Jan 13, 2018

Mate, how about you do your research before you start making claims like that. How are we not transparent? I have bi-weekly-ish updates on what I've been up to, Newman posts at least once a month about what's happening on his side. Yea, we have to work on other stuff to stay alive, but we have been VERY open about everything this entire time. So don't go saying we aren't transparent >.>

But yea, it's your choice to support us or not. If you feel like money is better spent elsewhere that's fine. My motto for Patreon games that have free releases is: If you don't pay, don't complain cause the game is free and you'll get it eventually.. If you do pay and aren't happy, stop paying.. In which case you fall in the first category again, so no complaining. xD

You can express concerns that's fine, but complaining usually doesn't achieve much. At most it will just irritate or stress the dev more than it should :p. Some devs are just lazy, but in our case shit hit the fan in real life and there wasn't really anything we could do about it, so seeing people (usually non-patrons) complain that they didn't get an update for their free game while we can't actually produce it faster cause of the circumstances.. Just sucks =<

Anyways, for the peeps that don't check our Patreon, we ARE working on BenX, Scooby is a side game and will probably see an update every BenX updates. At the moment we are about half way done and we HOPE to release in a month. Emphasis on HOPE, cause shit happens (there is already a minor snag atm xD) and we are also notoriously bad with release dates..So hopefully we'll hit it, but we've missed them before so yea.. It's a rough estimate :p

Sorry for the wall of text, please enjoy the rest of your day ^^
JAvatar:
*Clap*, *Clap*, *Clap*, well put mate but i gotta agree with the others about comparing it to CP, and i doubt i'll play it.

Jarul:
You brought a Missile to a gun fight comparing BXSQ, a game made my devs that are supported by fans of their work, to a multi-million dollar game like Cyberpunk, look it up the total budget is around $175 Million.

Akanoes:
you've just proven about 1/2 of the comments on this wrong and stood up for yourself and newman just by posting a single comment even if it was a "wall of text", not to mention a reason to keep an eye on both your patreons for (what we all hope is) the next update. (P.S. any new Gwen content or just mostly story progression? Either is good).

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Patience is a virtue. A virtue most people on the internet are lacking. Probably b/c they have no clue how much work is needed to raise, forage or hunt their own food. The devs don't do this project for money, that is why they work on other stuff.
If you don't feed them, don't complain about the time needed. People who can't comprehend this little truth of life ... well, I will be honest, I don't consider those creatures humans. So I don't care about their so-called opinions.
Akanoes and Newman take all the time it needs, to bring those pet project to the state you want it to be. Everything else doesn't matter to me.

Rogerericdu

Mar 31, 2019
Patience My children, The next nut is coming, FAKE BEN TENNYSON WILL RETURN TO SAVE US FROM OUR SPERMS. AND ALL DOUBTERS WILL BURN IN BLUE BALLS FOR ETERNITY!

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Is there any sex (or any xxx) in the game right now? I am totally stuck.

And, is it possible to see that page? I can't make gwen appear at all.

170425_170414_Clothes_final.jpg

(a save file appreciated)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan3000
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes