Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Played the Alpha version today. It's pretty interesting concept from most of the games available on this site, especially with the turn based combat system. I hope to see a lot more updates in the future. I will be watching this one closely.

One question though, Newman: Your patreon showed updates to the outfits and stats system days before the release of the Alpha, however, I didn't notice them in the game play. Did I miss it somehow, or was it not released with the Alpha and will be coming in future updates?
They'll be coming. There's a ton of customization stuff that's done, even some sex scenes. But if we gave you everything straight away, what would be the point, right? It's more fun to work for it. And I mean I want to create anticipation, not that the game will be a horrible grind-fest! :D

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
what is the release plan for the future updates, newman? Will they be free at same point?

ChaosDancer

Jun 22, 2017
I give this game 90 - 95% chance to never be finished. The game is great, the renders surprised me as they seem kinda professional and the gameplay is good but this game screams ambition from the rooftops. Its long term project that needs serious work that is going take a year or so to be finished and i doubt if the dev is going to keep at it.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
I give this game 90 - 95% chance to never be finished. The game is great, the renders surprised me as they seem kinda professional and the gameplay is good but this game screams ambition from the rooftops. Its long term project that needs serious work that is going take a year or so to be finished and i doubt if the dev is going to keep at it.
I think most get that statement, since there are projects that got abandoned, no doubt. But those things were also said about Four Elements Trainer for example, and look where it is now.

And im wondering, but isnt this:
Its long term project that needs serious work that is going take a year or so to be finished
exactly what the current platform he is using intended for?

Also, the word renders does not really fit. Dont think theres a program that can put out what you see here. And some (or deep down probably most) artists that can produce something like this would be pretty sad if you refer to it as renders instead of what it really is, as in, pretty awesome artwork.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
when will be the next update whill have more concent? I love this game
We can't set a date for 0.02 (or rather we can but we shouldn't if we aren't sure we'll meet it), but our aim is for it to have at least double the content as 0.01a. Playable combat is the main addition, but story-wise you'll be able to visit Plumber HQ, and explore a bit more of Undertown. Also, Pakmar! :D

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I can't expect you guys to trust we'll keep working on BenX until it's finished. Not after this bastard of an alpha being dragging on for so long... it wouldn't make sense to.

So I guess we'll just have to prove ourselves to you. One alpha at a time :)

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
We can't set a date for 0.02 (or rather we can but we shouldn't if we aren't sure we'll meet it), but our aim is for it to have at least double the content as 0.01a. Playable combat is the main addition, but story-wise you'll be able to visit Plumber HQ, and explore a bit more of Undertown. Also, Pakmar! :D
Packmar, awesome. I love the idea of this game. Sadly I can't help by being a Patron because, but I love playing it whenever you update it here, and am looking forward to every new update. Now I'll be going to play the update.

Yamila

Jun 14, 2018
Is the game demo? because there are things about img that did not happen to me. On the third night I finish the game.
ej:

Dkznikolaj

Dec 16, 2017
I can't expect you guys to trust we'll keep working on BenX until it's finished. Not after this bastard of an alpha being dragging on for so long... it wouldn't make sense to.

I believe in you! :D With a lot of art done, this will surely go faster

Reactions: Newman

Draccon99

Jul 26, 2017
Became patron after the leaked Alpha version, probably will stay one till next release, where I will decide to stay on or not after I see what's in content wise and how much it took to make. One thing I would advise to you Newman, is... don't go to deep in to the rabid hole when it comes to costumes, at least when it comes to sex scenes. Sunsetrider made this mistake and now ppl are whining, since every scene need to have different costume variations in the same scene= less time to work on new stuff.

VeggieNeptunia

Nov 30, 2017
This game have potential to became a summer time saga but you have to prove yourself to be fully commited. Other thing don't lose focus like Something Unlimited and do quantity over quality.
I wish you all the best but ...

Reactions: MilkShank

Kael024

Mar 18, 2018
hmmm seems this is still in progress in which with no goo content
looking forward on this ^_^

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I am really pleased to see this development, being a Ben X fan. Although I am concerned about the uncertain status of development and the unexplained hiatus. It would be a real shame if this project dragged or was abandoned.

The art is awesome and a main pillar of this game. It keeps the fun quality of the original series while allowing the sexy adult content to be comfortably introduced. The only real art problem I have is Gwen. I realize you had to age her for an adult game but you've given her a really bad combination of old granny icky, school principal dust-bunny severity, and a wardrobe more appropriate for a third street discount fetish whore than a sexy college student. There are a huge number of Gwen fans out there who are going to be radically disappointed with her art. Why the glasses? Why THOSE glasses???

The story establishment and the situation are good. It is a little disappointing not to be playing Ben but playing this alternate gives you a reason to depart from Ben's normal character into a more devious and adult attitude. Breaking up Ben and Julie, and Gwen and Kevin, was unfortunately simplistic. It would've been far more fun stealing Gwen from or sharing Gwen with Kevin, and jockeying between attending Julie and training Shar. The current story lacks depth and texture, it's flat and doesn't provide many alternatives. However, it has a lot of potential and could develop into something really interesting.

The story game play is unfortunate. Choices are either:
  • Only one choice makes any sense and the others are obviously just wrong.
  • All choices make no sense and picking one that benefits you in game play is just random.
  • No choice makes any difference in game play. Looking at the code verifies that there is no state change made for any of the choices and they only differ in displayed dialogue, and those differences do not give you any significant story difference.
I have a lot of hope for this game but am concerned about the lack of dedication in the statements by the developers as to whether this game will get the attention it needs to see timely releases and improvement. I hope it will.

Note: This was not written as nor meant as a game review, but more as current feedback to help with and encourage future development.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016

Actually it is the opposite. It takes so much time for you to have this alpha out that you proved that you really want this game done.

At the other end I'm not so sure that I will be alive for the final release :tf:

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes