Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

AlexStormian

May 21, 2017
I'm kinda stuck in the game atm.
Whenever I try on go on Patrol Ben just keeps saying, he's to tired to do anymore today. Any idea how to fix that at all? I'm on the b version of the game now.
In console, enter Ben.tired = 0

I believe the issue is caused by using the knockout pills on Ben during a fight (as opposed to Shar), but there may be other causes.

I can't defeat Octagon and Rhomboid, I only have one bomb each and 2 medical kits, and the problem is that I don't have an old save to be able to buy bombs and medical kit, for some reason the diamondhead just doesn't work, the icon it is only half but never complete. Can someone help me please?
If you're stuck, you can give yourself more equipment as desired with:

inventory.take(medkit)
inventory.take(grenade)
inventory.take(stun_grenade)
inventory.take(shock_grenade)

Alternatively, if so desired, you can edit your stats directly with:

Ben.max_hp = <number>
Ben.current_hp = <number>
Ben.max_damage = <number>
Ben.min_damage = <number>

As always, make sure to take another save prior to running any commands, just in case something screws up your game.

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
Where do you get the grenades from? got the free ones just now but cant find where to buy more
After you get promoted to level 2, they let you buy grenades.
It was very short period for me- promotion, then I needed to buy grenades before I left the building, because upon exit I was at drunk Gwen scene

Restarting fight with Rohmboid/Octogans does NOT give you back your grenades used in fight, which is annoying
you need two grenades to take down shield
you can keep the two step alien from firing at you by stunning him with lizard after he charges his weapon- stunning him with grenades does NOT reset weapon

PS- HOW DO YOU PLACE SPIDER_CAMS! Website does nothing (only thing I can do is exit website), clicking on cams just gives you cards, clicking around room or shower (when you can get shar OUT) also does nothing.

AlexStormian

May 21, 2017
PS- HOW DO YOU PLACE SPIDER_CAMS! Website does nothing (only thing I can do is exit website), clicking on cams just gives you cards, clicking around room or shower (when you can get shar OUT) also does nothing.
I believe this has been resolved in 0.05b, however a workaround is to access the site and try to skip the dialogue (tab key). That should take you past the initial prompt, and let you pick a password / see the cams. After that point, you'll be able to place / use the cams, although the computer prompt may repeat itself once when you try to exit (doesn't cause any issues, just something to be mindful of).

Reactions: SenPC
Apr 19, 2021
You have a buggy version, I'm afraid. Most -if not all- of the errors you guys are reporting here are already fixed in the newest tester version. So you can support us on Patreon, wait for the public build (which we'll release free for everyone with zero bugs), or you know, get someone to leak the new one and post it here! XD
just out of curiosity for when i need to clear a day off, can you estimate when it will be released to the public?

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
I believe this has been resolved in 0.05b, however a workaround is to access the site and try to skip the dialogue (tab key). That should take you past the initial prompt, and let you pick a password / see the cams. After that point, you'll be able to place / use the cams, although the computer prompt may repeat itself once when you try to exit (doesn't cause any issues, just something to be mindful of).
That got me through it, eventually (open website, tab, click outside to exit, open website, tab... until the time AFTER I finally picked a username.
Could place cam in Shar's room, and shower, but not around/in basement room- security cam not operational yet?
Bug with patrols now (I would assume the version on first page mega is NOT the bug free version), stunning tank alien with lizard resets lazer, but tank still tries to FIRE lazer when it gets its next turn (rollback/ignore screen). Ignoring the error lets fight proceed by firing cannon

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
finished the current content, and I was using 5a.
another bug that was hopefully squashed- final fight in black hole- if you go to plumbers to restock before fight (after save point), the skip-quicksave etc buttons disappear.(not greyed out, gone entirely) so if (like me), you did it after you lost the fight, you can't fast forward through all the bar dialogue, and have to watch it all again

Umbra214

Aug 20, 2017

I believe the issue is caused by using the knockout pills on Ben during a fight (as opposed to Shar), but there may be other causes.

inventory.take(medkit)
inventory.take(grenade)

Ben.max_hp = <number>

As always, make sure to take another save prior to running any commands, just in case something screws up your game.
Ben's HP and damage cheat can be increased to what number?

JollyStar

Oct 27, 2019

inventory.take(medkit)
inventory.take(grenade)

Ben.max_hp = <number>

How can I do this? On any site where you edit the save? If so, I already tried it and when I got into the game nothing changed.

AlexStormian

May 21, 2017
Ben's HP and damage cheat can be increased to what number?
You can set it as high as you'd like, the number is effectively unlimited. With that being said, you never know when weird behaviors and edgecases will rear their ugly heads, so I'd avoid going unnecessarily high. Four or five digits of HP / Damage is already severe overkill, and more than enough to effectively render combat nothing more than a clicker game.

How can I do this? On any site where you edit the save? If so, I already tried it and when I got into the game nothing changed.
Those commands need to be entered into the game's console, which you can access by pressing Shift + O in-game. You will need to enable the console first, which needs to be done out of game, and there's two easy ways to do that, either one will work fine.

Manual:

1. Make sure the game is closed
  2. Navigate to your game folder, the one that has the actual .exe you launch the game with (e.g. Ben_X_Slave_Quest.exe, which is inside of Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05b-pc)
  3. Inside of that folder, find renpy/common/00console.rpy, and open that .rpy file with your text editor of choice (Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime, etc.)
  4. Find the line that says config.console = False (line 108) and set it to config.console = True
  5. Open the game, hit Shift + O
Someone else has also kindly written out a more visual guide here, if you're struggling.

Auto:
  1. Download UnRen
  2. Extract the .bat file into your game folder (as above, the one with the actual .exe you launch the game with)
  3. Run the .bat (double click)
  4. Enter the number 3, then hit enter or return (there are other options, this one specifically will enable console / developer mode)
  5. Close the .bat
  6. Open the game, hit Shift + O
With the console open, it's the same as any other, you can type out commands (such as the ones I posted previously), and hit enter to run them / see the results. If you're curious, in addition to setting values (e.g. Ben.max_damage = 999), you can also run the same command without a number (e.g. Ben.max_damage =), which will print whatever the current value is.

Bear in mind that with either method, you will need to repeat the process whenever you update your game, as it will be a new set of files. The changes you make with the console will remain (unless not saved, or overwritten by something), but you won't be able to access the console to run more commands. Fortunately, once you've done it once or twice, it's a very quick and trivial process to repeat.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

Umbra214

Aug 20, 2017
You can set it as high as you'd like, the number is effectively unlimited. With that being said, you never know when weird behaviors and edgecases will rear their ugly heads, so I'd avoid going unnecessarily high. Four or five digits of HP / Damage is already severe overkill, and more than enough to effectively render combat nothing more than a clicker game.

Those commands need to be entered into the game's console, which you can access by pressing Shift + O in-game. You will need to enable the console first, which needs to be done out of game, and there's two easy ways to do that, either one will work fine.

Manual:

1. Make sure the game is closed
  2. Navigate to your game folder, the one that has the actual .exe you launch the game with (e.g. Ben_X_Slave_Quest.exe, which is inside of Ben_X_Slave_Quest-Alpha_0.05b-pc)
  3. Inside of that folder, find renpy/common/00console.rpy, and open that .rpy file with your text editor of choice (Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime, etc.)
  4. Find the line that says config.console = False (line 108) and set it to config.console = True
  5. Open the game, hit Shift + O
Someone else has also kindly written out a more visual guide here, if you're struggling.

Auto:
  1. Download UnRen
  2. Extract the .bat file into your game folder (as above, the one with the actual .exe you launch the game with)
  3. Run the .bat (double click)
  4. Enter the number 3, then hit enter or return (there are other options, this one specifically will enable console / developer mode)
  5. Close the .bat
  6. Open the game, hit Shift + O
With the console open, it's the same as any other, you can type out commands (such as the ones I posted previously), and hit enter to run them / see the results. If you're curious, in addition to setting values (e.g. Ben.max_damage = 999), you can also run the same command without a number (e.g. Ben.max_damage =), which will print whatever the current value is.

Bear in mind that with either method, you will need to repeat the process whenever you update your game, as it will be a new set of files. The changes you make with the console will remain (unless not saved, or overwritten by something), but you won't be able to access the console to run more commands. Fortunately, once you've done it once or twice, it's a very quick and trivial process to repeat.
The damage level was not saved, so I had to change the damage level every battle.

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
0.05c changelog:
  • You now get warned before fighting a certain set of brothers
  • Everything now resets properly when you hit "Restart fight"
  • KeyError: u'combat_Big_bro_0_throw' fixed
  • Slutty outfits are now properly on sale
  • New background image for the main menu to show it's a test build
  • There's some additional stat cleanup after combat now
  • Fixed a Gwen lust exploit
  • Fixed an issues after being defeated by Julie twice
  • Someone got some additional lines after you visit them in their cell
  • Julie's shot now looks as powerful as her animation makes it look
  • Liam caws more now
  • Slightly increased the cash flow
  • One of Gwen's morning visits wasn't happening in the morning (which would lead to a grey screen (Sky_[tod].png))
  • Shar has learned how to properly send selfies
  • Changed blocked shots for bosses
For those who are still on 0.05b, these are the fixes for 0.05c, so if you've run into any of these issues, they be fixed already ^^

And while I don't really want to open this can of worms again, I read one of the reviews and it mentioned "the devs are bitching about pirateing". I just want to clarify that it was never my intend to "bitch" about piracy.. I wrote a post "bitching" about the SPEED of the piracy sure. After spending so long on the update, to have it leaked within 10 hours just felt bad. Not for me, but for the patrons that stuck around for all this time. Like it didn't matter they stuck around cause they coulda gotten it within a few hours of release anyway =<.. My other posts/rants weren't so much about pirates, but about how it was posted here. No changelog, no warning about incompatible saves and about the people complaining about things that were explained literally 1 page back...

So yea, sorry about the rants and confusion. I do appreciate F95 since it helps a lot of people find the game, and I do appreciate the comments and bugs people report on here.. I was just exhausted from working on the game and then seeing people complain (and give bad reviews) for issues that were already fixed in the non-leaked version.. Kinda.. Pushed me over the edge xD

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes