Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
So is the game still being worked on? the game is actually pretty impressive, hopefully the creator is doing good these days keep up the good work man
Newman's post on Patreon

There's this neat little feature Google Drive has, in which it REFUSES to delete files. No matter how many times you do delete them and how much you want them gone. It's the best. Awesome.

So I've been trying to bypass that helpful little nugget of joy for 2 days, since I'm restructuring our work folders. Wouldn't do it again, 0/10000 Gold Stars.

Aaanyway. I managed to and to not run of space at the same time (Gdrive is still updating, but I guess if I leave it working during the night?...), so I'll be back on writer duty tomorrow. Aka's been fixing things and adding stuff, so... Ben X Public Build soon? Fingers crossed, everyone!

If he is cursing the development system then progress is being made.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
is there going to be some fix where during a combat sequence, the icon of the character on deck to do the next attack will be made clearer? more often than not, there are multiple icons overlapping, and I can't tell which of the baddies is about to attack next, so i sometimes attack the wrong character because I can't see who it is.
Good bit of constructive criticism. I thought about stacking... not sure if that's the solution or if it is even doable in Ren'py. It's on the list!

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
So is the game still being worked on? the game is actually pretty impressive, hopefully the creator is doing good these days keep up the good work man
Thank you, we will! I am doing good, yes, writing a lot for the next build. We did give our patrons a couple more tester builds, and the last one seems promising. Fingers crossed there are no bugs so we can have a proper Public Build for everyone.

Sihn8

Dec 26, 2017

Hi there, everyone! JRPG noob Newman here with a nice link:

Yes! Finally, the much awaited public build is ready. It's been a really bumpy road, and trust me when I say we couldn't absolutely have done it without you. As you know, I'm already working on the dialog for the next episode while Akanoes tinkers with our awesome devtools. And yes, we will release a new build in less time this one took XD
To those of you who have played the tester builds, thank you so much for helping out with your feedback. To those of you who were waiting for the public build, I hope you appreciate the million changes from what 0.04 was, and enjoy the latest episode... next one is going to be... intriguing.
REMEMBER: This build needs a new game, old saves are borked. Aka has worked hard so this is likely the last time this happens. Also, I worked really hard on the dialog, so I hope you don't skip it :)
And finally, to all the new players... welcome to Ben X!

Thank you all for your amazing support and patience. Enjoy!
Newman.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Hi there, everyone! JRPG noob Newman here with a nice link:
MEGA
Yes! Finally, the much awaited public build is ready. It's been a really bumpy road, and trust me when I say we couldn't absolutely have done it without you. As you know, I'm already working on the dialog for the next episode while Akanoes tinkers with our awesome devtools. And yes, we will release a new build in less time this one took XD
To those of you who have played the tester builds, thank you so much for helping out with your feedback. To those of you who were waiting for the public build, I hope you appreciate the million changes from what 0.04 was, and enjoy the latest episode... next one is going to be... intriguing.
REMEMBER: This build needs a new game, old saves are borked. Aka has worked hard so this is likely the last time this happens. Also, I worked really hard on the dialog, so I hope you don't skip it :)
And finally, to all the new players... welcome to Ben X!

Thank you all for your amazing support and patience. Enjoy!
Newman.
But does the Save incompability also counts for saves from Version 0.05b?
Also it seems the changelog lists the differences towards 0.04, but what's the difference to the last shared build here?

Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

Hentagram

Aug 1, 2018
Started and completed v0.05e from a scratch. There's something wrong with the skipping indicator, save file attached. It indicates that it's always skipping, but it doesn't skip dialogues without pushing the CTRL. Can't untoggle it.
Also, this time stuck at the "(I should give her some space.)" moment. Waited like 2 weeks without a result, tried a few times. Only the console solution helped, which is xlr8.level = 1.
Skippable update, you end up in the same place like you did in the previous version.

Last edited:

witch_doctor

Apr 29, 2018
But does the Save incompability also counts for saves from Version 0.05b?
Also it seems the changelog lists the differences towards 0.04, but what's the difference to the last shared build here?
It is supposed to fix any bugs that the previous 0.05 builds had. I don't know if the saves from other 0.05 builds work, but I'd say it does

Akadosan

Dec 28, 2016
They do, yes. Not the 0.04 ones, tho.
I have a question, since it's been a long time i played this (i believe i did play ver 4.0 or maybe 5.0) did you guys remove Gwen freckles? or did i just had one of those mandela effect moments where i thought you guys gave her the Omniverse freckles.
If they were removed can we have them back?

Lanthanum

May 19, 2020
has anyone figured out how shar sends selfies?
Unless you're talking about the new version (0.05e), which I haven't played yet, I believe that it is not implemented as of now, I have played multiple times across past versions and haven't come across the selfies, it is still possible that there is a criptic way to acces them tho.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes