Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
I don't think halting game development until there's a better sense of the game to design is a bad idea.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
I don't think halting game development until there's a better sense of the game to design is a bad idea.
Unfortunately I have had a catastrophic hard drive failure. I've lost everything for this game except the DAZ .duf files and the current build (which thanks to github is stored off site). Even the .duf files won't load properly because many of the textures are lost. I still have the hard drive but Windows says it's RAW and I'm not sure how to proceed in recovering the data since it was a mechanical failure.

All the files for The Wish still exist because they were backed up elsewhere so it's either spend weeks possibly months recovering and rebuilding files for this game, or continue with the remake of The Wish.

I'm going to have to call this one Abandoned. Sorry.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Unfortunately I have had a catastrophic hard drive failure. I've lost everything for this game except the DAZ .duf files and the current build (which thanks to github is stored off site). Even the .duf files won't load properly because many of the textures are lost. I still have the hard drive but Windows says it's RAW and I'm not sure how to proceed in recovering the data since it was a mechanical failure.

All the files for The Wish still exist because they were backed up elsewhere so it's either spend weeks possibly months recovering and rebuilding files for this game, or continue with the remake of The Wish.

I'm going to have to call this one Abandoned. Sorry.
Sad news. I would love it if some day, maybe far in the future, you could revisit this and rebuild. But I understand if you don't have the heart for it. Loss of a lot of data like that can be rough to try to recover from. GL for the future and with the remake.

Reactions: Gorse
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes