Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
I ran into a bug sleeping with Julia. Keeps kicking me out when I go to finish the animation.
By kicking you out, do you mean returns to the main menu? Are you able to send me a save from just before you have sex with her? I can't replicate it my end, but I might be able to see what the issue is.

nick43890

Jul 24, 2017
By kicking you out, do you mean returns to the main menu? Are you able to send me a save from just before you have sex with her? I can't replicate it my end, but I might be able to see what the issue is.
For me, it transports me back to the dead guy's office.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
For me, it transports me back to the dead guy's office.
Ok, that shouldn't be possible. It's not even the next label on the stack!

I'll look into it, this hasn't been flagged up by anyone testing before release but it's possible that a combination of things previously unseen might cause this. The last two bugfixes were because I'm coding the next release and I spotted some indentation errors that might cause bugs and I don't want a buggy release!

If you end back at Schneider's office, you should be able to return to Julia's house and pick up the USB stick. If not, there's three ways to play your hand at Julia's and only one involves having sex with her. So, reload to before you have sex with her. Keep drinking with her and she'll fall asleep. Or you could shoot her.

Reactions: Babalui

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
Nah, closes the game entirely for me.
Right. Thanks for the save, I'll see what's what. Apologies that you can't play it. If you want to get past that bit, then just follow my instructions from the post above. Hopefully one of those options works. In the demo, shooting her has no consequences (it will in the final version).

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
Man if only that sex scene wasn’t generic :( , I like the game to be honest, but the sex scenes are the cream of the crop for me. If that improves I’ll stick around.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Lolastoned

Jul 1, 2017
Crash at the end of sex scene with the two girls in the alley apartments.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/ch1/ch1_alley_apartments.rpy", line 973, in script
$ renpy.jump(replay_label)
ScriptError: could not find label ''.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
Nah, closes the game entirely for me.
I've found the bug. There's a trigger that is on if you're watching a scene as a replay (via the phone or the laptop). This shouldn't be on if you're watching the scene "as it happens". In your save the trigger is on. That's what's happened but I can't see why it would be True rather than False. Did you rewatch any of the scenes (via the videos list on the phone or the laptop)?

Crash at the end of sex scene with the two girls in the alley apartments.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/ch1/ch1_alley_apartments.rpy", line 973, in script
$ renpy.jump(replay_label)
ScriptError: could not find label ''.
That's the same bug. The "replay_on" variable is on instead of off.

Lolastoned

Jul 1, 2017
Nope didn't rewatch any scenes. Reloading at the decision point before the end of that scene leads to the same crash. As does reloading to before the scene even starts.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
Nope didn't rewatch any scenes. Reloading at the decision point before the end of that scene leads to the same crash. As does reloading to before the scene even starts.
It's not an ideal fix, but if you enable the console (instructions here) and then in the console type $ toggle_dict.set_false("replay_on") then it shouldn't happen. I'm not sure why the variable is turned on for you, it's not a bug I've ever encountered in all testing. Nor did anyone else. I'm changing some of the code to prevent this happening and I'll be releasing a new patched version (probably tomorrow).

Reactions: syh653

Lolastoned

Jul 1, 2017
Just Ren'py things I guess. I don't question it but seemed worth the time to post it since there's effort here compared to some other games.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
Just Ren'py things I guess. I don't question it but seemed worth the time to post it since there's effort here compared to some other games.
And I appreciate it. I tried to fold all the replay code into a single python dictionary (in order to be "Ergonomically Terrific") but I don't think it work's quite as well as a good, old fashioned, single variable (I just did a playthrough of the old code and I got a repeat of the bug but it was when having sex with the lesbian couple; I still don't understand why that is). I spent a lot of time trying to prevent a buggy release, but there's a lot of code working away under the surface (I don't mind if people UnRen it and have a look but please, no spoilers, future storylines are embedded!) and some of it goes wrong. It's not just a simple VN. The code for the phone, and "realtime" messages and emails took me a week to design and code and I still think it will break.

Anyway, I hope there's room here for a game that has sex in it, but isn't just a sex game.

Reactions: Otaku_Bob

b3atd0wn

Mar 28, 2021
I've found the bug. There's a trigger that is on if you're watching a scene as a replay (via the phone or the laptop). This shouldn't be on if you're watching the scene "as it happens". In your save the trigger is on. That's what's happened but I can't see why it would be True rather than False. Did you rewatch any of the scenes (via the videos list on the phone or the laptop)?
At that point there wasn't anything to watch. I did click through the phone and the laptop though, so perhaps that was what triggered it. I went ahead and started a new game and without messing with it, and it worked just fine. I really like what you're doing. Writing is great and is probably the first to really give me that old school P.I./Crime noir feeling, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Reactions: syh653
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes