VN Ren'Py Better Life? Remake [v0.02] [MOK(BH)]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I'm not going to bother quoting or at-ing a whole list of people from the discussion of whether the tags alone are enough or the kinks should be in the description, but here's my thing:
GAME DESCRIPTIONS SHOULD DESRIBE THE GAME. There are way too many games on this site that say virtually the identical non-description of basically just who the generic MC was before the story started and "what a visual novel is." Any advertiser knows that if you want to attract an audience, you have to tell them something--ANYTHING! Even shady a-hole advertisers that are trying to scam the public with misinformation give them something to want. So, yeah, you should mention the primary premise of the game in the game's description, so that people reading the game description walk away with a description of the game.

Additionally, anyone who's been here for more than five minutes knows that this site is full of arguments about the tag system. It is not a flawless foolproof explanation of anything. Transformation could mean anything from gender-bender to "his penis turns into a dog penis," or simply becoming a vampire. Some games are considered to have two protagonists, so listing both male and female protagonist does mean they are the same character. We can't even get "futa/trans" split into two separate tags. People's views on what constitutes NTR are as wide as the Grand Canyon. Tags alone are not sufficient to actual know what a game is about and what exactly is going to happen in it.

So, now that we're on 31 posts already and there's been more arguing about the website's usage and topic-post layout customs than the actual game, I'd like to move on.

Sometimes I like these kinds of games, and sometimes I don't. The idea gives me a very "what would you do if" kind of vibe, but all too often there really isn't any choice provided. What I would like to see from a game like this is at least the option to avoid being railroaded down a path where some jerk controls the MC's entire life, and the MC has no sense of agency or personal will. Near as I can figure, being a woman is not just about doing whatever the biggest a-hole in the room says to, because being treated like inhuman garbage is a big turn on for female hormones. I've seen that story. I hate that story. That's a BS story.

That Guy, who's going to try and use the MC like a plaything and destroy their life, because he's selfish a-hole with no respect for other people? I hate that guy. I haven't even played this game yet, but I just know That Guy is in it, because he always is. If there's one thing that makes me want to fantasize about becoming a woman more than anything else, it's that there are people trying to tell me that being a man means I should act like That Guy. I don't want to be That Guy, but I also don't want to be friends with That Guy, or even know That Guy, and I absolutely positively 100% do NOT want to be owned and used by That Guy. Please don't let that be the only story available in this game. Corruption, debauchery, downward spiral of self-destructive behavior, prostitution, NTR, blackmail, gangbangs, or even a vanilla love story--sure, whatever, knock yourself out, but for the love of god PLEASE do not force the MC to become the mindless bitch of That Guy.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Two things:

Already on the second page and nobody has trotted out the famous Admiral Akbar ? Has Disney forever ruined the property formerly known as Skywalker Ranch?

Methinks the "trap" tag should be repurposed to indicate VNs have an mc or npc that the dev is trying to "spring" on the reader by intentionally obfuscating the the content of the OP. Their intention would be to cause much howling and gnashing of teeth in the right wing community as they sit in that public bathroom stall and "project" their gaze over at the funny hole in the wall.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Not really much of a game yet, I mean there isn't anything really there. Just wakeup, choose one thing, take a pill and go to bed. Really it feels like it isn't even out of the intro yet. I can't really give much feedback yet as their just isn't much to talk about yet.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
so the Better Life? Original game is dead? and that one is new iteration of the old abandoned one?

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
btw, i think some kind of stylized visuals would be better than making 3d characters here, but it's just my opinion,

if i got to create this game i would not change the visuals from gifs to 3d models, but i ain't developer here. . .

MOK (BH)

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
If you want to ask me a question about the game, reply to this message.

Nice Kitty

Sep 28, 2022
Not really much of a game yet, I mean there isn't anything really there. Just wakeup, choose one thing, take a pill and go to bed. Really it feels like it isn't even out of the intro yet. I can't really give much feedback yet as their just isn't much to talk about yet.
When is the update in GirlLife, we are all waiting)

• Angry
Reactions: TheGodUncle

Nice Kitty

Sep 28, 2022
Lol, I thought it was just a copy of the game again,
Britney's journey Haha the cover of the game is almost a copy. Why not come up with your own cover for YOUR game, and not copy from other developers.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Characters look great and I look forward to what comes next, but it can be improved a lot. If I was to change one thing would be removing Saya, the little guide thing. You do NOT need a small flying funny companion to guide the MC to whatever you want to happen next, the story does NOT need to be explained by a supernatural creature and if you leave it in, that'll only make things harder further down the line. Ditch it and make other characters explain what's happening, make the MC herself figure out what to do through interesting events or even inner monologues if you must. The best alternative would be giving the player choices, REAL choices unlike "Take the pills" or "Don't take the pills -> Take the Pills". Making a good game takes effort, but I hope you'll go the extra mile.
Godspeed, Dev!

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
just played succubus contract and was craving for more gender bending games
good luck dev
following thread

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
first question for those who see the fem protag tag : will there be a lesbian path ?
second question : will there be bdsm ?
third question : pregnancy , gangbang ?
it would be great if u could write planned tags in the genre tab

Reactions: privetin13

MOK (BH)

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
Lol, I thought it was just a copy of the game again,
Britney's journey Haha the cover of the game is almost a copy. Why not come up with your own cover for YOUR game, and not copy from other developers.
I did come up with my own cover, I don't even know what game you are talking about, so if I made the MC of the game dance I'm coping someone else? Also, you should check your eyesight if you can't see the difference between the two games

MOK (BH)

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2017
will it be possible to play as a lesbian in the game? I.e. no forced scenes with men, or internal monolog about getting turned on by men.
yes there will be
first question for those who see the fem protag tag : will there be a lesbian path ?
second question : will there be bdsm ?
third question : pregnancy , gangbang ?
it would be great if u could write planned tags in the genre tab
tags that will be included in the game in the future:
BDSM, blackmail, bukkake, humiliation, monster, multiple endings, lesbian, netorare, pregnancy, prostitution, sexual harassment, slave,

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote