CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
1224527_image-800.jpg

Source:
Title: Between Dream and Reality [unofficial title translation]
Release date (planned): unknown
Trial: (re-uploaded, optimized, re-packed, decrypted)
>>> <<<
Author: DH files -
(mirror)

NTR IS AVOIDABLE

Description (credits: PotatoGod):

I'm honestly very impressed considering that I never heard anything about this game til a few days ago and this is seemingly the dev's first work. There's a pretty heavy emphasis on story and character building in comparison to other NTR rpgmaker games to the point where I sometimes honestly forgot I was playing a NTR game and I was simply fully invested. The main characters are pretty fleshed out and that's only the introduction. Furthermore, there's a bunch of pretty awesome side characters that add a lot to the story. The first sign of an NTR scene didn't even appear until near the end of the trial and by that point I had already invested a little under 3 hours into the game.

An important thing to note is that there aren't any CG scenes. The closest we get to them are the characters' portraits and standing pictures however these are pretty well made and I especially love the style. They're also extremely expressive and there's an abundance of them plus they're used to great effect. Instead of CG, there's dot animations so far (with the exception of the first se. The dot animations I've seen so far aren't really anything special however the only real sex you get is normal sex between the MC and his sister along with handjob and blowjob animations for the NTR scenes so its too early to judge. What I can say though is that I don't even mind that much. The writing carries a lot of the game and even though I was using a machine translation the story flowed pretty well. In fact, the trial did a better job of setting up the NTR atmosphere than a lot of other popular NTR games out there (in my not so humble opinion). I was even invested in the relationship between the MC and his sister and actually payed attention to the vanilla scenes which is something that I'd usually skip. So far, the NTR scenes can be seen from both perspectives. You experience the MC's POV first, which isn't much since he's clueless, and the sister's POV is unlocked in the recollections so it seems that you can play through the game blind if you want a more mystery vibe. This mechanic is always a plus in my book. Furthermore it seems you can also play a no NTR run for you sick degenerates out there. Lastly, as previously stated, all the characters are pretty likable, even the NTR dude who in this case, is the MC and his sister's uncle (non-biological, more like the friend of their deceased parents). He's actually a pretty chill dude with no bad intentions and even pretty understandable.

Lastly, the combat is pretty standard. Its your normal RPG maker combat with a bit of effort put into it but its by no means the main focus of the game. At first sight it seems pretty grindy but it should be workable and it is only a trial version so far. Can't really say much about it since I usually use cheats to get over these sections quickly in these kinds of games but what I played was fine and at the very least, not aggravating or needlessly time-wasting like in some other games. I do recommend you to at least cheat the character's walking speed. The maps are pretty big and you'll be walking around them quite a lot so save yourself some time and use a speed hack.

Overall, the trial was very promising. I took roughly 3 and a half hours to complete the entire thing which comprises of the introduction and the first three dungeons of which I believe the dev said there would be ten dungeons in the complete game. The NTR route becomes available after you finish the third dungeon and everything before that is pretty much the introduction and a good amount of story. The game is set to release in mid July but that may be subject to change. Honestly, when the game is finished, if the rest of it is as good as what's in the trial then its definitely going to be something special.

The dev is pretty active on their ci-en ( ) and so far, they update weekly and even have a schedule for all to see so they look pretty dedicated to the game. I don't really know on what note to end this on tbh. Usually at this point I'd say go buy the game but its still 2 months away minimum and I only have a glimpse of what the NTR is going to be like so for now I say keep an eye on it. Its certainly got me invested.

Fetishes: NTR, creampie, incest, mystery, shota

Controls: mouse and keyboard. Standard RPGMaker MZ ones.

Last edited:

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
1621702224036.png
Current state of final game development. It is not translation progress sadly :(

Last edited:
Reactions: danken

Sin-xix

Feb 21, 2018
just finished all the content. Op is right, this shit is good.
for an author's first game, this guy knows what to do.
Story progression, pacing and everything is amazing.

Reactions: 1234Paul

Fuxxzz

Dec 26, 2018
So release this month or is going to be delayed? Also how much time until a decent translation?

dark -ryu

Jan 31, 2020
The game was delayed to October. Look on this site

I hope I'm wrong because I've been looking forward to it so much

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
It is understandable. At least, the author shows honest progress. Maybe delayed, but it will be released.