quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Hannah and Emily are not my type, physically. But they are not ugly! Skylar and Kaylee – definitely my type.

I think some people are confused about what real women look like. The way films/tv/media portray them is so unrealistic. If you see your favourite extra hot actress on a regular day just living her life, when she hasn't been attended by a team of hair and makeup professionals and carefully lit, you'll find so many of them look like regular women all around you.

I understand VNs are fantasy worlds and some people are looking for the perfect fantasy girl and that's okay. But don't mistake that for reality. And if a girl in a fictional story isn't what you're looking for, it's easy to move on. I'm sure there are VNs which cater for most people's taste. Particularly if your taste is "unrealistically large tits everywhere you look." It's nice to see stories which have more realistic looking women, even if that means I'll not always as easily be attracted to them (I'll never ever be disappointed by a girl having small to medium boobs, though. Love them!)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hannah and Emily are not my type, physically. But they are not ugly! Skylar and Kaylee – definitely my type.

I think some people are confused about what real women look like. The way films/tv/media portray them is so unrealistic. If you see your favourite extra hot actress on a regular day just living her life, when she hasn't been attended by a team of hair and makeup professionals and carefully lit, you'll find so many of them look like regular women all around you.

I understand VNs are fantasy worlds and some people are looking for the perfect fantasy girl and that's okay. But don't mistake that for reality. And if a girl in a fictional story isn't what you're looking for, it's easy to move on. I'm sure there are VNs which cater for most people's taste. Particularly if your taste is "unrealistically large tits everywhere you look." It's nice to see stories which have more realistic looking women, even if that means I'll not always as easily be attracted to them (I'll never ever be disappointed by a girl having small to medium boobs, though. Love them!)
I agree with this completely. Tho id say I think if Hannah had a different hairstyle id find her attractive might even consider her hot to some degree.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I agree with this completely. Tho id say I think if Hannah had a different hairstyle id find her attractive might even consider her hot to some degree.
Hannah is the main LI right? I like her. But I like the other one, forgot her name now, more. This one:
1708660814878.png
The rest I don't give two shits about.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If I could, I'd break up with Hannah and go with the one I posted. :ROFLMAO:
Honestly if im being honest this would be the one AVN i'd break up and just be friends with everyone and go pure monk run, as I enjoy the story more than the LI in this one. I don't hate Hannah but I don't recall feeling one way or another for her or anyone else. Maybe I just need to replay the game and play the update already cause all I can recall is I liked Hannah more than the rest but not why.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
That's Emily. I wasn't crazy about her in the beginning but she grew on me a little.
I liked her from the start. I'm way behind on this. Last we played we met the Gnome girl(?), Dwarf(?), I don't remember what she was thoguh. She was cute also. I like the shortstacks a lot. :ROFLMAO:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I liked her from the start. I'm way behind on this. Last we played we met the Gnome girl(?), Dwarf(?), I don't remember what she was thoguh. She was cute also. I like the shortstacks a lot. :ROFLMAO:
Well, you've got about ~5 hours of new content to enjoy currently, and that's just if you play a single route.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, you've got about ~5 hours of new content to enjoy currently, and that's just if you play a single route.
Awesome. I only played for Emily and Hannah and a couple of the side pieces. I won't ask if we can break up with Hannah, as I remember you tellin that to someone long ago. But if you ever allowed it, Emily would be my #1. :p

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My guess is Droo's about 1/2 to 2/3 through the update?*

*Based on nothing but random thought and trying to remember (without looking) when the last update came out after reading your question

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
My guess is Droo's about 1/2 to 2/3 through the update?*

*Based on nothing but random thought and trying to remember (without looking) when the last update came out after reading your question
HAH! You're funny.

The first half is always the hardest and takes the longest to do. I have to create the new environments, design new characters, route out the flow of the chapter, realize that it's stupid and do 40% of it over, write the first several scenes to get the ball rolling, have the beta testers ruin my hopes and dreams, and finally pose! As I get closer to ending the game (Only two chapters left), it gets even more difficult as I work to ensure each branch/path has sufficient content.

Once I get to the halfway point, everything gets MUCH faster. It's pure writing and posing (with the beta testers still ruining my day throughout).

As of right now, overall, I'd put the update at about 25% to 30% done. This is one of the downsides (and upsides!) of the size of my updates. They are massive, as you know, and with the exception of the beta testing, I do it entirely by myself.

Edit: I just want to say, my intention is for BTW to be in a finished state by the holidays this year. Once that's done, I'll immediately start working on "0.5", which will be a prequel to BTW, telling the story of Euchora's past. It'll take place during the final days of the conflict between Alora and Alorine, and give us some history about the main character(s) of BTW.

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
HAH! You're funny.

The first half is always the hardest and takes the longest to do. I have to create the new environments, design new characters, route out the flow of the chapter, realize that it's stupid and do 40% of it over, write the first several scenes to get the ball rolling, have the beta testers ruin my hopes and dreams, and finally pose! As I get closer to ending the game (Only two chapters left), it gets even more difficult as I work to ensure each branch/path has sufficient content.

Once I get to the halfway point, everything gets MUCH faster. It's pure writing and posing (with the beta testers still ruining my day throughout).

As of right now, overall, I'd put the update at about 25% to 30% done. This is one of the downsides (and upsides!) of the size of my updates. They are massive, as you know, and with the exception of the beta testing, I do it entirely by myself.

Edit: I just want to say, my intention is for BTW to be in a finished state by the holidays this year. Once that's done, I'll immediately start working on "0.5", which will be a prequel to BTW, telling the story of Euchora's past. It'll take place during the final days of the conflict between Alora and Alorine, and give us some history about the main character(s) of BTW.
Hey I'm glad you took the time to inform us. Thank you, much appreciated for sure. However long it takes is however long it takes. Take your time and continue to create art that satisfies you and I'm sure we'll enjoy it as well.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
(Only two chapters left)
Damn only 2 chapters left had no idea was getting that close already, granted ive yet to play the last chapter. But that kind of makes me a bit sad to hear as I recall I was really getting into it last I played, so me being selfish was hoping it has more than 2 left haha. But yeah everything needs to end at some point. Well when it does end I do look forward to your next game. You said it's a prequel so i'll be happy about that cause the fantasy aspect is what I love cause honestly you have done the fantasy aspect really good. I honestly like how your style of doing fantasy more than other AVN's ive played.

Reactions: gojira667

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Damn only 2 chapters left had no idea was getting that close already, granted ive yet to play the last chapter. But that kind of makes me a bit sad to hear as I recall I was really getting into it last I played, so me being selfish was hoping it has more than 2 left haha. But yeah everything needs to end at some point. Well when it does end I do look forward to your next game. You said it's a prequel so i'll be happy about that cause the fantasy aspect is what I love cause honestly you have done the fantasy aspect really good. I honestly like how your style of doing fantasy more than other AVN's ive played.
Decades of playing D&D and reading primarily fantasy books has led me to this point :D

In fact, Kenny's IGN (Jhoram) is a reference to the main character in the Darksword Trilogy by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman (That characters name was Joram).

arcanix507

Mar 19, 2023
Decades of playing D&D and reading primarily fantasy books has led me to this point :D

In fact, Kenny's IGN (Jhoram) is a reference to the main character in the Darksword Trilogy by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman (That characters name was Joram).
So your next project will be a D&D Adventure Path then? Right? ;)

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes