VN - Ren'Py - Between Two Worlds [Ch.9] [Drooskati]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

Disclaimer 2: Effective as of Chapter 3, I have become too close to the developer to be able to honestly review the game. The review score and text below are accurate to my feelings as of Chapter 2 and will not be updated.

TL;DR: Developer pays me in nudes to stop complaining about his game but then I just complain about the nudes.

------------------------

Disclaimer: Although I am not a part of the game's dev team, we are very well acquainted and I was a beta tester for a prerelease build of v0.0.1. I have attempted to prevent this from affecting my review as much as possible, however I strongly suggest reading the reviews of others for a better picture.

Version Played: v0.0.2

Time to Complete: 2.5-3 hours

TL;DR: A very strong show of pure passion from the developer, where he has gone absolutely overboard on fine details absolutely everywhere.

[5/5] Story: This game has a story that is difficult to describe. It sits Between Two Worlds, with those being the "real world" and some other magical world. I am not yet certain if that world is that of their DND campaign or of another, but the dev will likely ping me about it once he reads this.

[5/5] Renders: This game has some really good renders. Although CH1 was "above average," CH2 has shown great improvement. A significant amount of effort has been put into modifying store bought assets so as to not be immediately recognizable (though you will likely be recognizing some things), and the overall render quality is often incredibly good. When it comes to characters, although I personally only find one main character attractive, the others certainly aren't bad in any way. Some background and minor characters are also particularly cute as well.

[+4/5] Music: The music in this game varies from slightly overused to incredibly good, with the overused music not being very bad in the first place.

[+5/5] Animations / Transitions: Although CH1 had a few animation of varying quality, Droosk gone completely overboard with CH2. There are now various fully animated scenes with even idle scenes sometimes being animated. The animation quality gone from manual work to motion captured and, although not perfectly natural are still very close and incredibly good overall.