VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
So... the MC has a mysterious job at a "warehouse" that nets thousands of dollars a week? I know the obvious conclusion to reach is "drugs", but I'm holding out for a reveal that he moonlights as a pole-dancer in a gay club. It would at least be an original solution to his money problems.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
This was pretty fantastic. Feels like one of Ocean's novels. The writing is great, renders are beautiful, characters are unique, all-around great job. I love the dynamic of all the characters, and how they interact with each other.

Usually starting the game with a girlfriend is a sign of caution, but she's alright. Fun and enjoyable, and sexy as well. As I already mentioned, the dynamic between the MC and her, along with the sister, is great. I loved their playful banter lol. No idea if we'll come across the trans character later in the story, and how that will go, but it always makes for a goofy flashback story. (best friend hooks up with a girl and just as he's about to bang her, she flops out the ol' dong and sends him running) Yeah, it's an old trope, but it's a fun one to laugh at your friend about.

Assuming the MC is involved in some "shady" business at this warehouse, but in the mindset of doing it for a good cause I guess. Curious how that is going to turn out.

But overall, yeah, it was pretty great. Sad that the animations didn't make it in, but I get why at least. Interested to see how this will do with the animations added after you upgrade your system. Still, very interested in this story and can't wait for the next update. Best of luck with your project and thanks! ;)

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Excellent job, thank you dev! Exactly the type of adult games I like and value among the wide variety of other games in adult category here. However, this is just the first chapter, and it's more like the prologue of a kinetic novel. I hope in the future it will evolve as a choice-based AVN. Renders are amazing!

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
So MC and Olivia aren't related right? That's what Mom left out of the discussion with MC, right? Or am I completely off-base here?

Reactions: yossa999

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So MC and Olivia aren't related right? That's what Mom left out of the discussion with MC, right? Or am I completely off-base here?
Well, I think they are half-siblings, that better explains why the missing dad got mad at her and went into full berserk mode than that he just lost his job, so he decided to get rid of his second child, and therefore got mad when she refused to have an abortion.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
I hope the game will actually start tracking players' decisions in the future.

Maevos

May 4, 2019
Judging by the fact that the banner has Lily right in the center of it with her "healthy" appearance, I suppose it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the game will probably rely a bit on flashbacks to advance the story in further chapters too. God, I hate those.

I have my eye on Jasmine but this ain't no harem and there is already a girlfriend. Oh for fuck's sake, this is going to be a tough one.

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
I actually prefer non-animated segments so that I can click through(and sometimes skip) the content rather than wait for an animation to play out. But then again I use a toaster for these things, not a gamer pc with top quality gfx.
While I prefer to only see things from the protagonist's perspective in a perceptive and interactive linear sequential way(no flashbacks, forced thoughts, sidestories, etc.) I do like the story so far. Unfortunately it is almost kinetic. I only remember the one choice: Bus or Walk or Both. That is a shame, but something that might change in future releases.

But let us get down to the reason why I am even making a post in the first place. (Warning, incoming wall of text!)
While I do think I understand the reason for including a visual side of "Martin's tale"(Shock effect, humour, or getting people to go "Ew!"), I think it might be beneficial to consider the downside of having it visualized for the audience.
Just by having that last part of "Martin's tale" visualized means that a particular tag is slapped on. That particular tag either attracts people who want a lot of that content, or might scare away those who do not like that content at all. I personally do not like that kind of content, so if I had not done a search in the thread to see if it is avoidable, then I would have clicked ignore before even giving it a chance.
[TLDR] Is a single image for shocking/humourous/"Ew!" reactions of the audience worth the risk of losing a part of your intended audience group, AND attracting people who will react negatively because the content they are attracted to is not the focus in this story?[/TLDR]

In any case, good luck with your project!

-ZzZ-

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Renders look great...noticed some of the frames posted, display some real life like facial expressions.

But, it would be good to know in further detail with regards to the futa / Trans content listed...as many who are not fans of that content, would appreciate to know if it can be totally avoided by MC or his love interests?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Just by having that last part of "Martin's tale" visualized means that a particular tag is slapped on. That particular tag either attracts people who want a lot of that content, or might scare away those who do not like that content at all.
The futa/trans tag? Yeah I saw that and from my reading it's only 1 scene.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Renders look great...noticed some of the frames posted, display some real life like facial expressions.

But, it would be good to know in further detail with regards to the futa / Trans content listed...as many who are not fans of that content, would appreciate to know if it can be totally avoided by MC or his love interests?
This but from the opposite perspective.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
BeyondTomorrow-CH1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes