VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Myscho

Jun 30, 2018
Nope ... pristene and virginally untouched for the holly enjoyment of gamers everywhere
Quite the change ... we will wait and see where this ends up with the retexturing ...
Well, guess that is retorical question, now

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Theree was already a sense of uneasyness around MC as the black sheep, the dark horse who does questionable work to feed his family, able and willing to go the distance to ensure the necessary funds for his aching mom.
Now, tho, making his sis the spitting immage of MC is kind of jarring.
Well, guess that is retorical question, now
Where be the disonance? Where be the distinct character? Is Olivia female version of MC? Are they twins now?

• Angry
Reactions: Den1mo

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

Hey there, folks! It's 2024 already, and I'm looking forward to my birthday tomorrow. I've made a decision to take a break, dive into some gaming, and just kick back for a bit. So, without delay, here's the very first devlog of 2024...

Before delving into the essential updates, there's some news I'd like to share. As previously mentioned, I've hinted at further adjustments to the gallery. Well, today, it finally mirrors the vision I had in mind.

Regarding the custom render, I've mentioned my preference not to utilize in-game images for the gallery, considering them less special. Instead, everything will be custom-made. I've been contemplating how these images could be unlocked by the player. Many games employ a "free roam" approach, where clicking on various items unlocks content. However, since we're sidestepping this game system entirely, I'm leaning toward unlocking content based on choices. It feels like a rewarding approach, especially for players who appreciate the entire game rather than just a specific path they've chosen.

As for scene replay, I'll probably reserve this category for adult scenes, but I'll delve deeper into this topic in upcoming devlogs. There's definitely more to anticipate and explore in this aspect.

As for cinematics, explaining this section might be straightforward. Animations are a rarity in my work due to the substantial effort they demand.

###CHAPTER 1

Regarding Chapter 1, it's nearly wrapped up. While a few scenes remain to be created, the ones I've been working on posed some challenges, albeit interesting ones. The memory scene at the lake featuring the kids and the present-day scene with Olivia and Sam turned out more intricate than anticipated. The creative process was fulfilling, yet due to the complexity of the settings, rendering took longer than expected. Nevertheless, I'm relieved that these scenes are completed, allowing me to progress further.

As you might recall, there were coding glitches in the previous version of Chapter 1 concerning the path involving Kimi and Jasmine. Initially, it remained unresolved, then there were plans to remove it, but ultimately, no action was taken. With the rework underway, I'll be introducing entirely new scenes featuring these characters, albeit in a slightly different style. I've only created one small scene with Megan so far, so I prefer not to elaborate much until more progress is made on this aspect.

For those who are invested, I want to confirm that Jasmine and Megan will indeed make their appearance in Chapter 1, as they were intended to from the start.

I want to emphasize the writing aspect. I've previously mentioned it's unique, but as I've spent the past few days playing the game, searching for bugs, and such, I've noticed something significant. It's not just different... It's REALLY different. What I'm getting at is this...

The conversation between Susan and the other doctor maintains a highly formal tone, reflective of the writing style employed in that interaction. The dynamic shifts entirely when MC and Samantha converse. Their dialogue reflects a more natural, teenage-like interaction. When MC and Lilian engage in conversation, it's another shift altogether. Lilian adopts a maternal tone, and the MC adjusts his style, displaying a different manner compared to when conversing with Sam or Olivia. Certain phrases or words commonly used in discussions with others might be omitted or altered in his exchanges with his mother.

And...?

I'm quite pleased with it. The distinctions between the characters are noticeable, and I believe it significantly elevates the quality of all the dialogues. Some of my team and others have had a sneak peek, and the feedback has consistently been positive. Of course, the overall effect remains to be seen, but for now, things are shaping up well.

###END
Perhaps this devlog ended up a bit shorter, but it doesn't always need to rival the length of the Bible. Anyway...

As we step into the new year, I want to wish each and every one of you a fantastic year ahead. Here's to success, prosperity, and heaps of patience as I navigate through this journey. Your support is incredibly valuable to me - thank you! Stay safe out there ;)

//Dream ♥
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Let me toss my vote in the I hate tattoos/nose ring on Olivia pile, we already had a girl with tattoos in the game and it was one of the things that made the MC stand out among his family, he is the hardened one that had to mature too fast and is working some shady business to take care of his family, Olivia was the naive one among them. It just doesn't seem to fit her portrayal so far, unless that also changes in the rework...

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Let me toss my vote in the I hate tattoos/nose ring on Olivia pile, we already had a girl with tattoos in the game and it was one of the things that made the MC stand out among his family, he is the hardened one that had to mature too fast and is working some shady business to take care of his family, Olivia was the naive one among them. It just doesn't seem to fit her portrayal so far, unless that also changes in the rework...
Maybe this? DevLog 6:

"...in my eyes, she was always a character who was dark, full of secrets, sad, depressed, and hard, but these things were never seen. It never got much attention from me, and it's safe to say that I never quite got around to the characters having any personality. There might be something to it because I've heard many times that all the characters are similar, either visually or in behavior. So yes, some changes are to be expected in this style as well. Maybe I wouldn't even call it a "change." It's just that a higher emphasis is placed on the personality of the characters, which was definitely missing before."

Anyway... There is an old thread (I'll try to find it) where he shared Beyond Tomorrow but back then it was called "A little more" or something. At first glance, no one would have noticed that the thread was about BT back when the game basically didn't exist, but a few people noticed when he once shared some old pictures from an early version of BT. According to them, it looks like Olivia has always had tattoos, so I wasn't too surprised

image.png

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Great game, I like the tone and how the characters are being developed so far, plus the renders are very good looking and the songs are fitting the scenes. I cannot wait to see how the story goes and hopefully we will see a Steam release in the future. Wish the dev good luck with the project to bring it to the end.

Reactions: Den1mo and Ghosty99

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have? how many chapters will the game have? @DreamGames

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have? how many chapters will the game have? @DreamGames
Dream isn't on the zone any more but I can try to answer:
  • The game will have impactful choices which will more or less change the linear path as you called it.
  • There are 4 love interests but I'm not 100% sure about that.
  • Last time I heard there were 10 chapters planned but that can also change.

Reactions: yossa999

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
For anyone filtering games by tags, this game has un-tagged lesbian scenes in it. I've put in a ticket to have the tag added.

• Wow
Reactions: acondo
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes