VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
View attachment 3105339

Chapter 3 - DevLog 5

Hey, how are you doin', everyone?
2 months from the release of Ch2, and I'm currently at 600 images. As always, I run into some complications, but whatever, I'm trying to stay positive. One scene, which wasn't even that complicated, gave me a really big headache. The first day, everything in the render queue was set to 8K resolution (6 hours of rendering for one image). When I woke up, I found out that only two images were done (yeah, I'm dumb). I went back, redoed everything, and set up a new render queue. This time, I messed up something else (yeah, I'm dumb even more). Everything was fine the third time (thankfully), and the scene was completed.
However, besides the usual stuff, I've written a cinematic that should be at the beginning of Chapter 3. It's hard to say what outcome I'm going to have from this, but according to the written part, it's really beautiful. I think I never mentioned that to you, but when I was younger, I used to play piano for a few years, and it's like riding a bicycle - you can't forget that. That's why I decided that I could maybe get back to this stuff a little bit and do some music for a game. Of course, I'm not Beethoven, but I can do something, I guess, at least for some specific moments in the game.
Besides that, there is not much to say. The writing is going well; I fell in love with the visual for Chapter 3, and we will see what's going to happen after the release. However, I'm really looking forward to that; I'm excited.
At the end, some previews
View attachment 3105355 View attachment 3105356 View attachment 3105357 View attachment 3105358
Stay safe out there! See you later :)

Interesting. I saw that Ocean praised Dream (never seen him do anything like that before) on his server and then Dream came up with this visual. Is it just me or is it really quite different from past updates? I mean, better?

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
first play and I already loved it, it's a little heavy at the beginning but it's games like this that I like, a great future ahead. With multiple protagonists it only becomes even more perfect! :coffee:

Reactions: Boobs Lover

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I like it but it's pretty much a kinetic novel.
Breaks my immersion a Lot when an MC gives opinions about hard topics that are the complete opposite of what I think. I'm not a fan of tattoos nor furniture but besides that models are very good.

Thank you and best of luck.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

I jumped into this scene yesterday. I think we all know her very well, and I thought I could show you something for comparison... Personally, I think the differences are very noticeable, especially when it comes to Lily. So far, I'm really happy with the results, but will you be too? You can leave a comment

OLD

s518-1.png

NEW

s135.png

OLD

s237.png

NEW

s128p.png

Images from the last

s66.png

s31.png

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1701631921728.png
Who is this broad right next to the guy with a rose coming outta his neck?
She looks totally removed from the girl we used to hang about the past version of this game.

1701632779313.png
Is this the same babe ?

The old scenes showed a lotta hope . .the hope MC has been pouring down his throat
all this time, the hope keeping him doing all the stupid stuff that brings in the money
the hope of life being right around the corner for her.

These new scenes are inches away form ascension - the lights when they pull you outta existence ....

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Balu83 and Den1mo

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1702020147612.png
MC: Winter is deffinitely coming, I get it, not that dense, honey.
You are my ice queen with the locks to stun my melting heart into a throbbing clot of awe.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

I won't do any custom renders for a while, but I'd like to remind myself from time to time in the style of "hey, I'm still alive, I'm here," so I'll occasionally post something from the ongoing rework (no spoilers). Enjoy

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, a relaxing holiday season, and a fantastic beginning to 2024. Health is the most precious gift, remember that. Spend these days surrounded by your loved ones, and take a moment to honor and remember those who are no longer with us.
To everyone here, I want to give a huge thank you! This year has been a total game-changer for me, and it's all thanks to your support. You've allowed me to dive into what I love, and I promise to give it my all in return next year. Looking forward to catching up with you all in the coming year! Stay safe out there, and rest assured, I'll keep pushing forward with my work!
Merry Christmas
//Dream ♥

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, a relaxing holiday season, and a fantastic beginning to 2024. Health is the most precious gift, remember that. Spend these days surrounded by your loved ones, and take a moment to honor and remember those who are no longer with us.
To everyone here, I want to give a huge thank you! This year has been a total game-changer for me, and it's all thanks to your support. You've allowed me to dive into what I love, and I promise to give it my all in return next year. Looking forward to catching up with you all in the coming year! Stay safe out there, and rest assured, I'll keep pushing forward with my work!
Merry Christmas
//Dream ♥
I assume it's young version of Samantha and Olivia. Jesus, they're so cute :love:

Reactions: jhonatanw
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes