VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Man, you don't have to worry about me, I'm not interested in looking for secret chats and additional explanations of what is happening in the game. The game itself is enough. I was just sharing my thoughts with other people in the thread, after all, that's what game on-topic threads are for. If the author's intention was to show that Sam and MC have some kind of open relationship or just "fuck buddies", well then I didn't get it from what I saw in the game. On the contrary, I got the impression that they are a loving couple who have been in a serious relationship for quite some time. But I'm not a member of secret chats, so please excuse my ignorance and stupidity.
I didn't mean it in a bad way :D

I'm just saying that many things that are often discussed here have been explained a long time ago

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I didn't mean it in a bad way :D

I'm just saying that many things that are often discussed here have been explained a long time ago
That's the thing with f95 gaming threads: people come in and out asking the same questions, but that's ok, not everyone has the time or patience to closely follow every game they like. Patience is a virtue. :)

And I understand that the game is still far from the end, and some things will be explained in the following chapters, and it’s too early to draw far-reaching conclusions about the characters and their relationship.

But at the moment everything is as it is, it looks like the MC and Sam have a serious relationship that lasted quite a long time. At least that was my impression. If Dream makes it easier to break up with her in future chapters, that's good. Now my MC would feel kinda jerk for doing this to her. :)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah if the game itself is not enough to understand something, this is an issue. The game depicts them as a young couple not living in their own appartment yet, that's the feeling a lot of people get. It should be better explained in game. They fucked and slept in the same bed, in the MC's. Also you should be able to decline that sex scene, saying the MC is not in the mood for instance.

Not a fan either of having a girlfriend/fuckbuddy from the start that I didn't choose. Though Sam is really great, not much incentive to look for someone else. Unless succumbing to the temptation of pretty girls throwing themselves at you.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not a fan either of having a girlfriend/fuckbuddy from the start that I didn't choose. Though Sam is really great, not much incentive to look for someone else. Unless succumbing to the temptation of pretty girls throwing themselves at you.
Still don't know who 'Sam' is, haven't started playing yet. But there's no way I'm passing up on the girl in the wheelchair.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Still don't know who 'Sam' is, haven't started playing yet. But there's no way I'm passing up on the girl in the wheelchair.
Sam is the fuckbuddy/girlfriend-like. Beware that the start of Jasmine (wheelchair girl) path is kinda hidden: when leaving the hospital, choose to take the bus to go back home and don't choose to walk home or you'd go bakc with Kimi (asian girl)

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well, I don't usually resort to say this, but, "That is, like, your opinion, isn't it?".

Let's be serious. You and a few others are rebelling against the Dev decision to NOT include Incest. It is nothing else. You feel left out because you are shown 2 (or 3) beautifully crafted characters that are simply OUT of your reach and you guys can't stand it.

I can understand the frustration. I can understand that you'd love to jump them.

What I can't understand is the vitriol with which you treat the Dev, simply because he stands by his vision and NOT yours.

I know that this is a common place, but it is truly the only option you guys have, you don't like that the game doesn't have the content you DEMAND, just leave it be and go find something you enjoy.

I honestly think that you all need to see someone about that, it's getting out of control.

Peace :(
Seems to me, their energy would be better spent obtaining the DAZ assets and making their own incest images.

Jun 30, 2021
Damn reaction limit (y)
Yeah, I don't get it either. Sam turned out to be the loving, caring, understanding and hot girl one could only dream of. How I'm supposed to ditch her for Jasmine? :HideThePain:
What do you think of the idea of the main character's mother having not one daughter, but two (Indian music playing in the background:D)
Jokes aside if you compare the pictures of the young Lily and Sam she looks more like her than Olivia. If that's the case it immediately paints a picture of why their father might have abandoned family.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
What do you think of the idea of the main character's mother having not one daughter, but two (Indian music playing in the background:D)
Jokes aside if you compare the pictures of the young Lily and Sam she looks more like her than Olivia. If that's the case it immediately paints a picture of why their father might have abandoned family.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Aaaand, the incest topic is on the agenda again! :ROFLMAO:
I would have thought this was a good turn for the dorama, but I refuse to believe that all that blood, sweat and tears in the fight between the developer and the incest admirers was shed in vain. :ROFLMAO:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
When a dev forces a gf/wife at the start of a game, I rebel against it. So, more choices in women are great for me and then I start hoping for the choice to dump the forced gf/wife. But, I see other people's points about it also. Everyone has different tastes and that's a good thing.
I tend to do the same, but here I kinda dig Sam, although I also like Jasmine, the new redhead spinner and Olivia, when the super secret incest patch drops :cautious:
image.png
she is in denial guys :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Man, you don't have to worry about me, I'm not interested in looking for secret chats and additional explanations of what is happening in the game. The game itself is enough. I was just sharing my thoughts with other people in the thread, after all, that's what game on-topic threads are for. If the author's intention was to show that Sam and MC have some kind of open relationship or just "fuck buddies", well then I didn't get it from what I saw in the game. On the contrary, I got the impression that they are a loving couple who have been in a serious relationship for quite some time. But I'm not a member of secret chats, so please excuse my ignorance and stupidity.
Thats my read as well, especially from Olivia's dialogue about them two becoming a family and leaving her behind. That suggests a way deeper connection than fuck buddies. But even the Sam and MC scenes alone, nothing makes me believe they are not in a relationship and have been that way for a while, so maybe the mark was missed there.
tomshrug.jpg
Nothing some continuity patching to the dialogue can't fix, but it is what it is.

Reactions: qaywsx and yossa999

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Sam is too good. I don't see now a decent way for the MC to leave her.
If the decision to leave her comes from the MC, then he is kind of an insensitive bastard, because she loves him, she is loyal to him, cares about him, they have known each other forever. And suddenly the MC is like “Sam, I don’t need you anymore, get the fuck out.” Not cool.
So, the dev tricked us again into believing something just to back off at the last minute and show us Samantha fans a big middle finger by making her just a damn FwB, not MC's actual girlfriend ??:WaitWhat::FacePalm: Shit, at this point, as stupid as it might sound, I half-expect to hear him say that even the mom's sickness is a big lie just to distract us from her cheating on her asshole husband with some mobster or rich dickhead that made her life a living hell cuz wannabe bad bois were her kryptonite or something, smfh.

If she breaks up with him, what's the reason? This was shown enough to figure out how much she loves and cares for him. And suddenly such a turn? Well, at least the MC will not have a reason for moral torment.
A big asspull, of course, too ridiculous to believe even for asspull standards, or he could use Lord Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu and make everyone believe she's a selfish slut worth killing off.:ROFLMAO:

She dies in an accident (there was such a theory here). Damn, how much drama can you shove into one game before it breaks apart?
Too much Nyx-level type of dark humor is probably too much for most players to tolerate. I'm not a big fan of this illogical 'plot twist', but at least the FwB option with them being reluctant about becoming a couple and risking their friendship sounds logical. What you said there is too much exaggerated drama in a game that doesn't needs more of it, IMO.

Unless Sam does something massively fucked up in the coming chapters, I can't see me caring about anyone else or ever cheating on her.
And let's be honest, the alternatives don't even come close to her, in terms of attractiveness or personality. Hate to say it, and I may be in the minority on this or the only one who thinks this, but the dev dropped the ball with this shit... again.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
f1040.png

Show less
CHAPTER 1:
Remember the scene with Jasmine and Megan in Chapter 1? Yeah, this scene will be deleted and replaced with a new scene in Ch3. I will gladly write the reasons...
The game doesn't remember the decision you made when you left the hospital as the MC. The code there is not wrong, but it's not suitable for games where multiple paths appear (I didn't know about it at the time). For the last few days, I've been thinking a lot about how to solve this problem without causing as little damage as possible. I don't want players to go back to Ch1, which they most likely would have to do if I fixed the code. Therefore, I consider the best solution to remove this scene and make a new one in Ch3, in which we meet Jasmine "for the first time". Looking back, maybe it's better anyway. A lot of players thought that with these two scenes with Jasmine and Megan or Kimi, they were opening some kind of LI path to these characters, which was not my intention at all. It was just about the player getting to know the characters, but I most likely did it in the worst way, since whoever chose Kimi doesn't know Jasmine, and vice versa. Does it deserve criticism? Probably yes. I was also a little depressed about it, but it's probably natural that a beginner makes such mistakes. Fortunately, we're not so far that we can't go back, so I'm also glad that these mistakes happened at the beginning and not somewhere in Ch3, which would have been extremely complicated. The scene with Kimi will remain in Ch1, just won't exist as an option.
CHAPTER 2:
- added option to reject Sam during sex scene
- added option to skip the sex scene with Olivia and Sasha
- animations were "optimized". In 99% of cases, they shouldn't cause any more problems, but it's at the expense of quality
- despite the proofreading, there were a few mistakes in the dialogue. They were fixed

CHAPTER 3:
The first scene from Chapter 3 was fully rendered (112 images). The next 7 scenes are fully written and ready to be created. I'm waiting for a couple of animations to be finished that I'm rendering. At the beginning, I was a bit disgusted by the fact that the rendering of those animations takes a lot of time, especially if you only have one PC, and Daz is unusable during it, but I used it... Thanks to this, I can devote much more time to writing, where I pay more attention to details, choices, etc. So far, I'm very satisfied; we'll see how it turns out. Ch1 and Ch2 are nothing compared to what's coming with Ch3, and I'm really looking forward to the day it's all finished. Slowly but surely, we are moving forward...
I won't give any previews. The first scene hasn't been postworked yet, but it looks very good. I started using different lights, and I try to combine shots with the camera so it doesn't look so static and boring. The animations also surprised me a lot because I didn't expect such a good result.
That's all for now. I mainly wanted to share information about Ch1.
See you with the next devlog. Stay safe out there, and thanks for the support!
- Dream

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
my brother that's even worse I hate friends with benefits\ fuck buddy
Never say no to high-quality pussy like Samantha's, bro, especially when the woman's worth romancing like she is. How else are you gonna find the one worth marrying if you don't fuck around and 'explore' every option first ??:WeSmart:

I just don't get the logic behind making Sam the girlfriend from the start. Making her one of the romantic interests, sure. She's awesome and plus you know "Sister's Bestfriend" gotta go after that.
Me neither. I'd understand her being childhood friends with the MC and having a crush on him cuz he's a good-looking, responsible guy and serious relationship material, but her BFF thing she has with his sister, Olivia, should make her a lil apprehensive about it, not put her on her back with her legs spread wide open for him, ffs. Imagine how some users would've reacted if Martin did this to MC's sis, which, basically, would be almost the same shit, only on different genders.:whistle:

She reminds me of smaller and thinner version of Sage
Simply put, she's a cheap Sage from you-know-where knock off, the only difference being that she's a skinnier, innocent version of the original.:ROFLMAO:

she is in denial guys :Kappa:
Nothing that a good, hard, deep dicking can't help her with, but let's not trigger the trolls with harmless jokes like these.:sneaky:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
So ... all the hints that Oli was/is feeding false hopes to the male childhood friend of MC and him pushing MC and his sister about his ”availability” to dissipate her ”stress” does not bother some players, but MC having the same feelings/interests
about Sam suddenly triggers their insecurity and makes them up in arms againt dev/Sam?

This story is right there: MC and Oli fkk around. MC is prodding Sam while Oli is obsessing about any girl she sees, apparently, as the small minded drama of breaking off her fkking the schoomate/neighbor is shallow and weak.

MC is going throw the motions with Sam, as some already there available fling,
at the same time, Oli is in the same boat with her schoolmate: moved into her life to bang her.

There is nothing deeper about young adults indulging in their carnal pleasures and calling it a relationship.

On the other hand, many other games are this cutthroat about paths and LIs, so player assumptions
that whoever you are into enough to meet and greet, more so even go have a life revealing discussion with,
the game will see it as you favor that babe over whichever other even that there is scripted for the same
time slot. With so much AI going around everywhere, it is just natural that such engagement from the game AI
as to keep feeding us the scenes we preffer at the cost of every other scene out there mirrors what targetted adverts
do on the internet at large every second.
be faithful assuming she isn't just a friend with benefits
Yet the trope of sex to spark a relationship is a constant draw in every action/adventure game/movie/series.
We can safely say this is the way our devoted dev tries to make us sample the babes before settling into any path.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This is a welcome update regarding Ch 1 especially if you want to be on another path and be faithful assuming she isn't just a friend with benefits which I dont think she is.

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes