VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Maevos

May 4, 2019
Well, if it's what some of us here suspect, it's perfectly understandable why she'd feel both ashamed and guilty for what happened. I still think she had an affair with the guy who paid for Olivia's tuition, got herself knocked up, and tried to hide it from her husband by pretending it's his. Can't explain why her, of all ppl, would be ok with having an abusive dickhead's children, and worse, allowing him to be present in their lives, if he really was that mentally unstable. We'll just have to wait and find out in the next updates, but I sincerely hope we won't be forced to forgive that piece of shit for what he's done.

Nah, it's almost impossible for ex-cons to make that much money legally. Even if he did change his name and pay for her tuition, it doesn't explain why he'd hurt his wife that badly, and nobody would lend their friends a lot of money if they knew said 'friends' struggled financially. If this isn't an option, you'd have to be completely insane to ask a loan shark for money.

There's no amount of excuses or bullshit on this planet the dev can use to justify something as fucked up as that, IMO. I understand being pissed at your woman and arguing with her over this whole "being jobless" thing, but it's a very big ass difference between slapping her once blaming her for his own stupidity and impotence and almost killing the mother of his children leaving them orphaned just cuz he acted like an incompetent idiot and not like an actual mature, responsible man and father would've done in his place.

I sincerely hope we'll get to choose how the MC reacts to him IF he'll ever pop up in their lives again, cuz scum like that never deserve a second chance.
I think there is more to it that we don't know about at this point. Anything I say will be pure assumption now so I'll wait and see but I'm not sure I like where the story is going if those assumptions are correct.

There are also other things to consider. Dylan (MC) has a lot of tattoos and they are not cheap. Judging by how responsible he is, I doubt he would have used Lily's money to pay for them. We know that he has a job but we don't know what it is, though he must be making good money. Any savings Lily had must have gone to her cancer treatment, so Dylan is paying for their day-to-day expenses and probably giving allowance to Olivia too.

Now that there is hope for Lily, they are going to need more money to pay for it. Money that Dylan will have to earn and he is going to get entangled with either Brian himself, Brian's old friends or the guy who paid for Olivia's college.

The appearance of Cece in the game and her hugging Lily is most likely a foreshadowing of Lily's survival too. Because Cece herself is a survivor and a symbol of hope. And maybe Dylan's actions in the game will also have a role in that.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
I think there is more to it that we don't know about at this point. Anything I say will be pure assumption now so I'll wait and see but I'm not sure I like where the story is going if those assumptions are correct.

There are also other things to consider. Dylan (MC) has a lot of tattoos and they are not cheap. Judging by how responsible he is, I doubt he would have used Lily's money to pay for them. We know that he has a job but we don't know what it is, though he must be making good money. Any savings Lily had must have gone to her cancer treatment, so Dylan is paying for their day-to-day expenses and probably giving allowance to Olivia too.

Now that there is hope for Lily, they are going to need more money to pay for it. Money that Dylan will have to earn and he is going to get entangled with either Brian himself, Brian's old friends or the guy who paid for Olivia's college.

The appearance of Cece in the game and her hugging Lily is most likely a foreshadowing of Lily's survival too. Because Cece herself is a survivor and a symbol of hope. And maybe Dylan's actions in the game will also have a role in that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But that's just me, he said he didn't want to spoil anything

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Anything I say will be pure assumption now so I'll wait and see but I'm not sure I like where the story is going if those assumptions are correct.
Making speculations is the only thing we can do with all the plot we have so far, which can only mean the game's good enough for ppl to care about its story, come up with their own theories about what's gonna happen in the next updates and keep being invested in the game. Good or bad, the dev's decisions will be praised or criticized by his fans and subscribers, and it's up to him if he wants to listen to them or not. Can't do anything about that.

I have my fair share of complaints about the game, but I can't deny the fact that the dev did a damn good job with this story. As long as choices really matter in having an influence on how the story unfolds and nothing, scenes, characters, or certain events, will be forced onto the player without them having the option to avoid it, things should be ok with almost everybody.

I'm already looking forward to playing the next chapter and seeing what'll happen next !!:D

Aramintha

Formerly 'ProjectSkywardFan'
Jun 1, 2022
If Olivia isn't a LI I don't really care about her relationship or the sex scenes with Sasha it just feels pointless wasted dev time that can be used to focus on girls who are going to be main LI and the MC and to be fair the dev not making Olivia a LI is just wasted potential hell after playing chapter 2 I almost thought Olivia was the protagonist every new update the game just becomes worse and worse.

DaredevilGG

May 12, 2020
CECE, honestly, seeing her made me so happy, also probs to Drifty for allowing this, so this now means that Leap Of Faith, Beyond Tomorrow and Chasing Sunsets are all canon to be in the same universe. Also she perfectly fit in in that scenario, and it is clear the see that the OG model was used, the eyes reveal everything

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
CECE, honestly, seeing her made me so happy, also probs to Drifty for allowing this, so this now means that Leap Of Faith, Beyond Tomorrow and Chasing Sunsets are all canon to be in the same universe. Also she perfectly fit in in that scenario, and it is clear the see that the OG model was used, the eyes reveal everything
Dev confirmed she will be in next chapter as well

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Chapter 3 - #DevLog 1
1696534343902.png

Hello, how are you?

So...

The last few days I've been working on older scenes where it was necessary to replace the old model of Susan and Kimi (you can find some pictures below). It's done. It's something like 138 pictures, but surprisingly, it went pretty fast. In addition, I also paid a little attention to the animations, since some players started to encounter the problem of lagging again. I consider the only solution to be to reduce the quality of the animations a little. I've already tested it a bit, and I know that they don't cause any problems, but it still depresses me a little that I've got to reduce the quality.

While the old scenes were rendering, I started writing some stuff for Chapter 3. This morning, I started creating the first two scenes. As I said in post, I'll focus on making the update big, so it's necessary to expect that it will take much longer than the last time. Currently, only these first two scenes have some animations and about 120 images, and I'm still at the very beginning. I dare say that the final number will be several thousand. It will be a long road, but I'm looking forward to it.

Things I will focus on the most:

- choices

- a large number of images

- animations

- much larger writing

- more beautiful visuals even at the cost of more time for rendering

It's too early to say any concrete things, so I consider this devlog more like an introduction to the development of Chapter 3 and to let you know that things have started to move. As for Cece... :) Drifty is a great guy; that's all I'll tell you for now.

Thank you for your support. I also thank those who may not have stayed but at least supported the game! Love you guys, see you later...

Images from the old scenes:

1696534178643.png
1696534187738.png
1696534195461.png
1696534202954.png

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
A little fix for the animation lag. Still a bit laggy but less than before.

Extract to /game folder

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Chapter 3 - #DevLog 1
View attachment 2982899

Hello, how are you?

So...

The last few days I've been working on older scenes where it was necessary to replace the old model of Susan and Kimi (you can find some pictures below). It's done. It's something like 138 pictures, but surprisingly, it went pretty fast. In addition, I also paid a little attention to the animations, since some players started to encounter the problem of lagging again. I consider the only solution to be to reduce the quality of the animations a little. I've already tested it a bit, and I know that they don't cause any problems, but it still depresses me a little that I've got to reduce the quality.

While the old scenes were rendering, I started writing some stuff for Chapter 3. This morning, I started creating the first two scenes. As I said in post, I'll focus on making the update big, so it's necessary to expect that it will take much longer than the last time. Currently, only these first two scenes have some animations and about 120 images, and I'm still at the very beginning. I dare say that the final number will be several thousand. It will be a long road, but I'm looking forward to it.

Things I will focus on the most:

- choices

- a large number of images

- animations

- much larger writing

- more beautiful visuals even at the cost of more time for rendering

It's too early to say any concrete things, so I consider this devlog more like an introduction to the development of Chapter 3 and to let you know that things have started to move. As for Cece... :) Drifty is a great guy; that's all I'll tell you for now.

Thank you for your support. I also thank those who may not have stayed but at least supported the game! Love you guys, see you later...

Images from the old scenes:

View attachment 2982889
View attachment 2982890
View attachment 2982891
View attachment 2982892
Why change Kimi? I found her perfect. Just my taste though

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Why change Kimi? I found her perfect. Just my taste though

It's not a change that came about now. When he released chapter 1 he said that Olivia and the MC were changed about 3 times before they got to the visual form they have now. Susan and Kimi were the very first characters he created when he didn't have much experience

I personally like the change. Susan is on a different level and Kimi is much more interesting as well

ayyopayyo

Apr 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nice game dev, but I see this notification for like once every 5-10 images... Maybe reduce the frequency or introduce a setting for notification being on/off? just a feedback. thanks!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I will never understand games that offer romantic choices for an MC that already has a perfect girlfriend. Unless Sam does something massively fucked up in the coming chapters, I can't see me caring about anyone else or ever cheating on her.
yeah unless you limit that to a throuple or something it's a bit weird... or go the harem route, then it can work (but I don't think this is one of those). But the dev can also conveniently kill her, so there is that :ROFLMAO:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I will never understand games that offer romantic choices for an MC that already has a perfect girlfriend. Unless Sam does something massively fucked up in the coming chapters, I can't see me caring about anyone else or ever cheating on her.
Damn reaction limit (y)
Yeah, I don't get it either. Sam turned out to be the loving, caring, understanding and hot girl one could only dream of. How I'm supposed to ditch her for Jasmine? :HideThePain:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I will never understand games that offer romantic choices for an MC that already has a perfect girlfriend.
When a dev forces a gf/wife at the start of a game, I rebel against it. So, more choices in women are great for me and then I start hoping for the choice to dump the forced gf/wife. But, I see other people's points about it also. Everyone has different tastes and that's a good thing.

Sep 3, 2020
When a dev forces a gf/wife at the start of a game, I rebel against it. So, more choices in women are great for me and then I start hoping for the choice to dump the forced gf/wife. But, I see other people's points about it also. Everyone has different tastes and that's a good thing.
most of the time I hate having a girlfriend /wife forced on me

and im monogamous

I prefer to start the game single and make my own choice

I'm hoping that as the game goes on we get to break up with the girlfriend so I can make my own choice that's why

I have not played the game yet
:cry:

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes