VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
So why don't you guys just adjourn to some barren off-topic thread and compare the size of your dicks number of renders there? :KEK:
I can suggest the WiAB off-topic, as Ocean's name suddenly came up in an argument between BT and MD :KEK:
And you continue to be disingenuous. At what point did I come in here to compare render counts? Den1mo asked a question, I have him an answer that followed the forums rules. They didn't believe me and asked the name of the game. In what way was that me wanting to compare render counts?

no discussion existed before your dev came in and started acting like one of the best ever. as long as I get fanboy status just because I point out someone is talking shit I'm happy to accept it :cool:

and believe me or not - fact that another dev will come to another dev's thread to leave some dirt there is the deepest bottom. I'm glad I can delete another game from my list

With love,
your Fanboy ♥

:ROFLMAO:
The discussion was started by you saying there were no games released monthly with thousands of renders, being proven wrong, and then behaving like a child because the renders didn't look as pretty as the ones in Beyond Tomorrow. This was before Trop ever showed up. But yeah, it's totally everyone else's fault. And I fail to see how him providing data to show that his game does have thousands of renders every month to counter your original point is in any way him "dropping dirt."

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
And you continue to be disingenuous. At what point did I come in here to compare rent counts? Den1mo asked a question, I have him an answer that followed the forums rules. They didn't believe me and asked the name of the game. In what way was that me wanting to compare render counts?
Oh, the "disingenuous" is my middle name, you get used to it :KEK:
But yeah, sorry, my bad, it wasn't you who compared the renders count.
And I suggested dropping this topic several times.

Reactions: tslojr

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
Oh, the "disingenuous" is my middle name, you get used to it :KEK:
But yeah, sorry, my bad, it wasn't you who compared the renders count.
And I suggested dropping this topic several times.
No worries. I've actually been pretty interested in trying this one out. Mind if I ask you a question to get the conversation back on topic? I'm really curious just how different the chapter 1 rework is compared to the original version? I know the change log has a few paragraphs devoted to what exactly Dream did as far rewriting/retranslating the text, but is the story radically altered or is it more just extra polish and improved writing?

Reactions: yossa999

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
No worries. I've actually been pretty interested in trying this one out. Mind if I ask you a question to get the conversation back on topic? I'm really curious just how different the chapter 1 rework is compared to the original version? I know the change log has a few paragraphs devoted to what exactly Dream did as far rewriting/retranslating the text, but is the story radically altered or is it more just extra polish and improved writing?
Your forced girlfriend has been removed. Now she's just a friend, but clearly more than a friend. Previously there was 2 different paths and you missed out on meeting LIs, now they are combined into same path. There is a LOT of dialogue and exposition to work through. Some definitely important, some a waste of time IMO, but at least there is lovely renders to look at while you're reading it. As far as I can remember, the rest of the story hasn't changed much, apart from having more details added in.

Reactions: tslojr
Feb 25, 2024
Your forced girlfriend has been removed. Now she's just a friend, but clearly more than a friend. Previously there was 2 different paths and you missed out on meeting LIs, now they are combined into same path. There is a LOT of dialogue and exposition to work through. Some definitely important, some a waste of time IMO, but at least there is lovely renders to look at while you're reading it. As far as I can remember, the rest of the story hasn't changed much, apart from having more details added in.
I played the remake first and took a look at the original. I felt that the sister's relationship in the original was friendlier.
Am I right?

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
I played the remake first and took a look at the original. I felt that the sister's relationship in the original was friendlier.
Am I right?
I think so, but it appears they are both starting to recognise they are each at fault and expect chapter 2 to have some getting closer moments.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Still not sure if I want to replay this sooner or wait for Ch 2 tbh with my backlog right now of normal games and AVN's. If I recall right wasn't until Ch 2 where I started to love the game. While chapter 1 was good from my poor memory I actually kind of liked the bit where we learned a bit of the backstory with the sister and the history of her ex girlfriend that and my favorite redhead doesn't show up until then :)

Reactions: MadfireMonkey

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Still not sure if I want to replay this sooner or wait for Ch 2 tbh with my backlog right now of normal games and AVN's. If I recall right wasn't until Ch 2 where I started to love the game. While chapter 1 was good from my poor memory I actually kind of liked the bit where we learned a bit of the backstory with the sister and the history of her ex girlfriend that and my favorite redhead doesn't show up until then :)
In my opinion, drop it down the backlog list. You won't be upset if you wait till Chapter 2. (Particularly if you're going after Sarah, haven't even seen her yet). There has been some Olivia/Sasha back story discussion, but based on the original, there's more to come.

Reactions: MadfireMonkey

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
In my opinion, drop it down the backlog list. You won't be upset if you wait till Chapter 2. (Particularly if you're going after Sarah, haven't even seen her yet). There has been some Olivia/Sasha back story discussion, but based on the original, there's more to come.
Yeah what my thought process is too. While I may like other LI I don't recall them all that much which is why Sarah is the only one I can recall lol. That and ive been playing a little less AVN's now days since I been trying to get back to playing other games as well. Plus since I forgot alot about the game im not all that invested like I was initially so the wait probably won't seem that long for me compared to someone that is invested right now.

Reactions: Milton749

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Yeah what my thought process is too. While I may like other LI I don't recall them all that much which is why Sarah is the only one I can recall lol. That and ive been playing a little less AVN's now days since I been trying to get back to playing other games as well. Plus since I forgot alot about the game im not all that invested like I was initially so the wait probably won't seem that long for me compared to someone that is invested right now.
I remember being pretty meh on Sarah in the original. But I've seen renders of her upgrade in the remake. :love:. Wow. (Def think I'll have to add a Sarah playthrough).

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Your forced girlfriend has been removed
some players made it look worse than it actually was. I remember funny situation when player from here came to server and asked. Dream spent 15 minutes explaining relationship between mc and Samantha and then same player came back here saying something completely different than Dream told him :ROFLMAO:

same as scene with Olivia and Sasha. players voted on patreon for it not to be skippable because according to them it was part of the story. when he removed the skip they complained that skip button was not there. lot of shit players criticize today are things they themselves demanded :ROFLMAO:

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
some players made it look worse than it actually was. I remember funny situation when player from here came to server and asked. Dream spent 15 minutes explaining relationship between mc and Samantha and then same player came back here saying something completely different than Dream told him :ROFLMAO:

same as scene with Olivia and Sasha. players voted on patreon for it not to be skippable because according to them it was part of the story. when he removed the skip they complained that skip button was not there. lot of shit players criticize today are things they themselves demanded. it's funny :ROFLMAO:
Gotta agree. Some people just have to find something to complain about.

I don't like forced romances/sex, but they are what they are. If they're bad, I delete the game and move on. I didn't mind Sam, I would have chosen her anyway.

People giving false information! That doesn't happen on F95 does it. ;)

Then you've got the random girl completely unromanceable, making out with her partner - Oh no, it's NTR. A scene of Sasha/Olivia is not crucial to the story, but Dream puts it in for us to watch. If there is no skip button, use the CTRL and move on. FFS.

I just hope during the remake process, Dream has learnt to ignore the whining and concentrate on providing the game, he wants to provide.:)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Gotta agree. Some people just have to find something to complain about.

I don't like forced romances/sex, but they are what they are. If they're bad, I delete the game and move on. I didn't mind Sam, I would have chosen her anyway.

People giving false information! That doesn't happen on F95 does it. ;)

Then you've got the random girl completely unromanceable, making out with her partner - Oh no, it's NTR. A scene of Sasha/Olivia is not crucial to the story, but Dream puts it in for us to watch. If there is no skip button, use the CTRL and move on. FFS.

I just hope during the remake process, Dream has learnt to ignore the whining and concentrate on providing the game, he wants to provide.:)
Yeah very few games I played I liked a forced romance or sex scene. I didn't mind them in this game I felt like they were mostly forced for the sake of setting up a pre existing relationship and we would of gotten an option to dump Sam later if we wanted. ( not sure if I would of on my main save even tho I did love Sarah's looks) lol the only 2 LI I can recall. I also did like the Sasha/Olivia scene tho I see how it was unnecessary to set up their relationship.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
I just hope during the remake process, Dream has learnt to ignore the whining and concentrate on providing the game, he wants to provide
Dream works around people like Ocean so I think what happened first time would not happen again today. I don't like it very much because in my opinion Ocean is not good example but at least he is with someone who has experience

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Huh, it looks like the guys have already told everything :)
Yeah, basically the plot of the first chapter remained the same, the details and composition of some scenes has changed, although the meaning remains the same. The quality of the graphics has improved, in some places quite significantly, many scenes look and sound much more natural and dialogues flow better. Sam is no longer the default mandatory girlfriend, although the sympathy between them remains. A new character has appeared, Chloe, Kimi's roommate, she is quite funny. In general, I liked it.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Agree, I liked Sam as well.
Though usually when players meet such forced chars they either like them and go along with it or they hate them. Not the first time, not the last time.

I had at least 2 situations where I didn't like forced chars, 1st one was edgy/annoying and 2nd one blackmailed MC)).. I simply deleted both games without complaining.

hmm, well, not fully agree, - if it's not crucial for a story then why put it in a game? for the sake of it?
I think if you have time to put in a game a scene that is not important for a plot, then you also have time to make it optional, especially if it's some controversial tag, for somebody it can be simply off-putting, just my 2 cents.

and yeah, complaining that it's NTR, that's just rediculous

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Agree, I liked Sam as well.
Though usually when players meet such forced chars they either like them and go along with it or they hate them. Not the first time, not the last time.

I had at least 2 situations where I didn't like forced chars, 1st one was edgy/annoying and 2nd one blackmailed MC)).. I simply deleted both games without complaining.

hmm, well, not fully agree, - if it's not crucial for a story then why put it in a game? for the sake of it?
I think if you have time to put in a game a scene that is not important for a plot, then you also have time to make it optional, especially if it's some controversial tag, for somebody it can be simply off-putting, just my 2 cents.

and yeah, complaining that it's NTR, that's just rediculous
I can see your point. Because she wasn’t li I didn’t really care. But can see where you’re coming from.

Dec 14, 2021
the game itself is very cool and very pleasant, the plot is interesting, the atmosphere of the plot plus the musical atmosphere and all in one, the straight mental and emotional story of the game was very cool and pleasant, it was all a version of the game for me personally

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes