4.50 star(s) 17 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
And that's exactly what I'm talking about. When someone spreads lies about what a dev does and doesn't do and then the rest of the players here think the same

One scene is with Jasmine and Megan and the second choice was a scene with Kimi. Both scenes have been reworked and are there just like in the old chapter. The only thing that was removed is the choice and the scenes will happen in a different order because the second scene with Kimi was expanded several times. We have previews of both scenes
I'm not talking about that scene; I'm talking about the living room scene. There are 2 scenes that happen but it is not there at all now.

Reactions: tslojr and yossa999

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Is it really that hard to understand that this is just a rework of the visuals and the addition of new scenes and not a change to the story?
Random Devlog said:
just wanted to say that the rework isn't just about swapping out old images for new ones. I've thrown in a bunch of new scenes, introduced a handful of fresh characters, and there's more to come as I keep rolling with the rework. In the last devlog, I mentioned it's a bit bold to slap a final number on the images, but to give you an idea, the old Ch1 had around 661 imagesthe rework? Well, it's packing over 1,000, plus animations, and the writing is pushing between 18,000 and 20,000 words.
:WaitWhat:

Also the scene with Jasmine and Megan is there. There are previews in the last dev log.
Didn't you say its now happening in ch3? How is introducing whole ass new characters(Chloe), switching timeline of events(Jaz and Megan intro), taking Kimi home I assume is now the default, reworking the college scenes, reworking Susan scenes, making Oliva's lebo scene skippable etc not changing the story? You can argue semantics all you want, none of the things I posted are wrong.

I don't understand why anyone listens to people like NebulousShooter who does nothing just spread shit for the third time :LOL:

The guy is playing a big trashtalker here but he praises the changes in the comments on patreon. After all he is one of those who claimed that the milf characters should change because they don't look like a milf and their skin looks "too smooth".This is the feedback he gave to dev but here he is complaining exactly about the same thing :HideThePain:

It's just that some scenes are bigger and new ones have been added. Nothing changes in the story
That was the only thing I praised AFTER you made the changes, I didn't say shit about what SHOULD change, its insignificant in the grand scheme of things since for me the 0.1 graphics were good enough, I would 1000x times rather you continue the story than rework inconsequential stuff.

You have no idea to how many of my friends I recommend this game and once they started doing a bit of research they all pretty much called you Ocean on crack, in terms of indecisiveness.
1709193367346.png
Just from this Friday.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. When someone spreads lies about what a dev does and doesn't do and then the rest of the players here think the same

One scene is with Jasmine and Megan and the second choice was a scene with Kimi. Both scenes have been reworked and are there just like in the old chapter. The only thing that was removed is the choice and the scenes will happen in a different order because the second scene with Kimi was expanded several times. We have previews of both scenes
Do you want me to link every bit of info from my post, its all in your devlogs and some discord posts, so if your word means anything they are true, so you might want to walk back the 'spread lies' claims.

Btw, this lukewarm criticism got me banned for life from Patreon and Discord, lol. This reaches DPC levels of soft :HideThePain:
Now thinking back this I took it as a joke, but if this 1709194302335.png

1709194242249.png
was what got me banned you have one of the most fragile egos I have ever seen and that wasn't you joking around, it was you being petty...

I'm not talking about that scene; I'm talking about the living room scene. There are 2 scenes that happen but it is not there at all now.
Sam scenes are not there anymore, changed because he felt it didn't fit the tone of MC's situation after coming from the hospital. Jasmine and Megan will happen at a later time, same, extended, different who knows. I am done shittalking and spreading lies ~

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
Changed the nurse 3 times, made Olivia look like a gang member, changed the milf twice, changed the mom, changed the MC, changed the house, changed the young versions of characters, changed the story...
Here I can 100% agree with You, most of the changing was unnecessary. But for me, the most sad thing is the change of Olivia's appearance.

DevLog 6:

"...in my eyes, she was always a character who was dark, full of secrets, sad, depressed, and hard, but these things were never seen. It never got much attention from me, and it's safe to say that I never quite got around to the characters having any personality. There might be something to it because I've heard many times that all the characters are similar, either visually or in behavior.
This "explanation" is incomprehensible to me. Not because I don't understand Dream's intent, but because what he wrote simply doesn't cover reality. I think that if someone is dark, full of secrets, sad, depressed, and hard, it does not necessarily show in their appearance. I wouldn't have a problem with the tattoos themselves, if it weren't for the neck tattoo, because I think it's ugly, and we'd also throw away the nose ring. Olivia's previous appearance was much more likeable, and much more beautiful, but at the same time I felt that she was sad, depressed, and secretive.

nobody0

Jul 26, 2019
You have no idea to how many of my friends I recommend this game and once they started doing a bit of research they all pretty much called you Ocean on crack, in terms of indecisiveness.
Btw, this lukewarm criticism got me banned for life from Patreon and Discord, lol. This reaches DPC levels of soft :HideThePain:
Now thinking back this I took it as a joke, but if this View attachment 3395698

View attachment 3395696
was what got me banned you have one of the most fragile egos I have ever seen and that wasn't you joking around, it was you being petty...
Am I missing something here? Or do you think Den1mo is dream?

• Wow

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Nah, I mean
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Bro Den1mo is a little bitter after he got a taste of his own medicine which he used to treat people in the SG thread yesterday.

But I really hope it's just you being green. Devs attacking each other here is the most disgusting thing I can imagine. As if there aren't enough "constructive critics" for this job.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Nah, I mean
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Bro Den1mo is a little bitter after he got a taste of his own medicine which he used to treat people in the SG thread yesterday.

But I really hope it's just you being green. Devs attacking each other here is the most disgusting thing I can imagine. As if there aren't enough "constructive critics" for this job.
Neb isn't a dev bro.

Or am I misreading things as usual?

• Haha

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Didn't you say its now happening in ch3? How is introducing whole ass new characters(Chloe), switching timeline of events(Jaz and Megan intro), taking Kimi home I assume is now the default, reworking the college scenes, reworking Susan scenes, making Oliva's lebo scene skippable etc not changing the story? You can argue semantics all you want, none of the things I posted are wrong.
Nowhere in the dev log is anything written about switching timeline of events. There are things only that some scenes are bigger. The way I see it is you go home from the hospital with Kimi and then you spend some time with her and then the Jasmine and Megan scene happens. In dev log 11 there are previews of the scene with Kimi at her house

That was the only thing I praised AFTER you made the changes, I didn't say shit about what SHOULD change, its insignificant in the grand scheme of things since for me the 0.1 graphics were good enough, I would 1000x times rather you continue the story than rework inconsequential stuff.
What the fuck are you talking about? :LOL:

This usually happens to people who talk shit. Ocean and dream banned me and I'm not whining about it so what now? :HideThePain:

• Haha

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
In the beginning when dream left it worked that when he wanted to post something I did it and he asked me to do it. When I got banned I don't do it anymore and people like Kassandra, Devin Hesi, Den, N4lle or others do it. That's all

Bro Den1mo is a little bitter after he got a taste of his own medicine which he used to treat people in the SG thread yesterday
I think my post in SG thread was quite misunderstood. I wanted to point out that there will always be reasons why players complain about updates. If it is not a rework it will be another thing

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
In the beginning when dream left it worked that when he wanted to post something I did it and he asked me to do it. When I got banned I don't do it anymore and people like Kassandra, Devin Hesi, Den, N4lle or others do it. That's all

I think my post in SG thread was quite misunderstood. I wanted to point out that there will always be reasons why players complain about updates. If it is not a rework it will be another thing
I really thought you meant that Ocean had created so many LI's that we would, as always, die before a certain LI had a chance to get a spotlight. We always die before the next release to come out. :KEK:

Which, although partially true, if we assume that Ocean will continue to remake the first season after the release on Steam and will work at the same pace as before. But it's still quite funny, given his latest hardware acquisitions, changes in the development process and, most importantly, given the fact that no one knows the exact list of LIs, since he said a long time ago that he would not spoil this information anymore.

But, as I can see, Dream has joined the Path of Reworking, so I expect a lot of "WeWillDie"-ers to come here and give at least a little break to the SG thread. :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: nobody0

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
really thought you meant that Ocean had created so many LI's that we would, as always, die before a certain LI had a chance to get a spotlight. We always die before the next release to come out. :KEK:

Which, although partially true, if we assume that Ocean will continue to remake the first season after the release on Steam and will work at the same pace as before. But it's still quite funny, given his latest hardware acquisitions, changes in the development process and, most importantly, given the fact that no one knows the exact list of LIs, since he said a long time ago that he would not spoil this information anymore.
Players will always complain about something. If updates are slow today due to rework in the future it may be due to LIs. Point number one was that there is no point in complaining because you won't change anything anyway. Point number two was that there is no point in responding to players who complain because they will always do it. And point number three was that players should not expect that the rework will end and things will start to go smoothly. But I don't consider it something for which the ocean should be criticized. That's what remains misunderstood. It seems logical and normal to me. It's a single developer not a game company :LOL:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Nowhere in the dev log is anything written about switching timeline of events. There are things only that some scenes are bigger. The way I see it is you go home from the hospital with Kimi and then you spend some time with her and then the Jasmine and Megan scene happens. In dev log 11 there are previews of the scene with Kimi at her house
its all in your devlogs and some discord posts
I like how you completely ignored all the other inconsistencies in your claims that I just pointed and attempted to gotcha me, but reading failed you again.

It might have been discord, it might have been Patreon comment, It was a post where you were talking about moving their introduction scene at a later point in time, it wasn't mentioned when the scene would fit, turns out that you made your mind to have it happening after the Kimi scenes, again argue semantics all you want, but how isn't it a new timeline of events? Do words mean different things to you, lol?

Old Version: you get out of the hospital to go home, you have a chance to meet them,
New: Allegedly, you take Kimi home, spend time with her and then the intro to Jasmine and Megan happens.
So, different place, different point in time? :coffee::whistle:

Now, since I am banned and can't go there, someone else will has to verify it, or better delete it fast so you can salvage whats left of your credibility after coming in hot, calling me a liar and shit stirrer and having yet to disprove any of the things mentioned in that post. You can't, since its a satirical(I admit) but accurate compilations of changes that have been talked about during the dev cycle :Kappa:
What the fuck are you talking about? :LOL:
You tried to paint a narrative that I was supposedly all for reworks on Patreon and just talking shit here and I pointed out that the only 'rework' stuff that I spoke positive about was after the change was made, not before and ironically its the one that isn't uniquely related to this game, about milfs not looking mature enough. If you can't follow that along without frying synapses, I can't really help you.
dream banned me
Don't even try it, you aren't fooling anyone :KEK:
This usually happens to people who talk shit.
Talk shit such as, *checks transcript* 'I lost my hype for the game' :HideThePain:

No, thats what happens when people with the emotional maturity of a small child overreact.
tomshrug.jpg

Players will always complain about something. If updates are slow today due to rework in the future it may be due to LIs. Point number one was that there is no point in complaining because you won't change anything anyway. Point number two was that there is no point in responding to players who complain because they will always do it. And point number three was that players should not expect that the rework will end and things will start to go smoothly. But I don't consider it something for which the ocean should be criticized. That's what remains misunderstood. It seems logical and normal to me. It's a single developer not a game company :LOL:
Translation, running defense for clinical reworkers because same modus operandi =)))))))))))
ddsd13.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If tomorrow a new really cool assets releases, odds are Dream will decide he needs it in his life and re render scenes that he already rendered 4 times just this dev cycle. Zero impulse control :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: Den1mo

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Now I can't stop laughing imagining the cutting room floor, with the multiple possible versions of the same scenes rendered
Old MC, Old Olivia, Old environment
Old MC, New Olivia, Old environment
Old MC, New Olivia, New environment
New Mc, New Olivia, New environment
dead.png

• Haha

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Old Version: you get out of the hospital to go home, you have a chance to meet them,
New: Allegedly, you take Kimi home, spend time with her and then the intro to Jasmine and Megan happens.
So, different place, different point in time? :coffee::whistle:
Sure but how exactly does this mean that the story of the game will change? If lily wasn't sick or olivia wasn't our sister I would consider that a change in the story and not that you remove a choice that had no point anyway. You're just full of shit

Don't even try it, you aren't fooling anyone
I will try to apply for a developer tag thanks :LOL:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Now I can't stop laughing imagining the cutting room floor, with the multiple possible versions of the same scenes rendered
Old MC, Old Olivia, Old environment
Old MC, New Olivia, Old environment
Old MC, New Olivia, New environment
New Mc, New Olivia, New environment
View attachment 3396686
You say "rework" as if it's something bad.

I do this at my job all the time. But since we software developers are smart and highly educated gentlemen, we use the fancy term “code refactoring” for this type of activity. This sounds a lot better than a peasant "rework", and we've developed a strong theoretical basis for this shit, some of us are writing books and attending conferences with cocktails and champagne okay, with cheap coffee and cookies on how to do the code refactoring in a more efficient way, how often we should do it, etc.
You just need to cut the casual solo developers some slack, they aren't skilled enough at proper terminology!

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes